This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Two months ago, I thought Beatles: Rock Band was the dirtiest ripoff since the original PS3. Now I'm about to buy a complete kit for about $115. Thank you, exploitable trade-in $50 get 50% off any new game or accessory deal at Amazon.com!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=amb_link_84701471_1&docId=1000395991
    How I found out about it

...just thought I'd note this isn't some referral thing or scam. I just happened to go on my favorite game deal forum at the best time possible, and stumbled upon this thread. It's been on my mind all day (especially after I got my first summer work paycheck), so I figured it qualifies as a Thing of the Day.
  • I set my ipod as an alarm by allowing it to shuffle (all the time), and the song that got me up this morning was "War". I jumped out of my bed in shock and surprise and saluted and shouted "YES SIR!!!".....until I realized what I was doing and then I fell over laughing hysterically at what just happened.
  • Sonic, it's so cute! I squeed'd the apartment awake!
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    Sonic, it's so cute! I squeed'd the apartment awake!
    Sonic - Breeder of the Next Generation of Geeks. Incidentally Viga, You should have heard him on that night with Skype with Kate and Emily.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited July 2009
    Sonic, it's so cute! I squeed'd the apartment awake!
    Sonic - Breeder of the Next Generation of Geeks. Incidentally Viga, You should have heard him on that night with Skype with Kate and Emily.
    I really wish I didn't miss out period. Damn you source of monies! Damn you! I joke around about making my niece and little cousins otaku to my family. No wonder I never get to babysit. :P

In other news my ToTD is POLYVORE!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • My brothers cuteness apparently makes geek-ets want to breed.

Maybe I should bring him with me to Anime LA this year.....
  • edited July 2009
    I didn't say that! Kate did! And she wants to have babies anyway.

edit: Hey Sonic, I figured out who you remind me of a little bit. Nathan Fillion! I don't know why. Expressions, perhaps?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Someone had to call Nintendo on it eventually:
  • My brothers cuteness apparently makes geek-ets want to breed.
    No, I already want to breed. Your brother just intensifies the desire. ^_^
  • edited July 2009
    My brothers cuteness apparently makes geek-ets want to breed.
    Still, I find your reaction to be typical among any geeky female who has met my brother.

edit: Hey Sonic, I figured out who you remind me of a little bit. Nathan Fillion! I don't know why. Expressions, perhaps?
    *shrug* I don't know I would remind you of him, but I'll take it as a compliment none the less. Coincidentally, I did sing quite a few Dr. Horrible songs at AX this year.
    "A Maaaaaaans Gotta do what a maaaaans gotta do.

Wait 5 minutes after this post is made to click play. That thumbnail is SO changing.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    Are you saying you wouldn't want to have a little bundle of joy of your own someday in the future? Cause the way you worded suggests that. Just wanna clarify.
    My brothers cuteness apparently makes geek-ets want to breed.
    Forgive me if I might be delving into any personal matters, but what's stopping you?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • The Dead Weather is releasing it's first album on July 14th. The group consists of Allison Mosshart, Dean Fertita, Jack Lawrence and Jack White. I am very excited.
  • These are more like my things of a few days ago, but I forgot to post them then, so there. :P

• edited July 2009
    Forgive me if I might be delving into any personal matters, but what's stopping you?
    I have personal goals I want to achieve first. I want to complete my Masters, own a home, and so forth. Also, the timing isn't 100% up to me. Mr. MacRoss has a considerable say as well.
    Why rush when I am so young and only want to have one child? Why not take my time and make a better situation for my family?
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Only art students will get this.
    Umm... it is fairly obvious. Why do you think only art students will get that?
  • Carcassonne is coming to the DS.
    I was just about to post this. If this comes out by PAX, this will be a fun game to play in vs. mode.
  • Only art students will get this.
    I don't have a single artistic bone in my being, heck, I'm more likely in debt concerning artistic skill. I got it, and I think every geek that knows TMNT would get it. Sweet art though.
  • edited July 2009
    Only art students will get this.
    Umm... it is fairly obvious. Why do you think only art students will get that?
    Only art students will get this.
    I don't have a single artistic bone in my being, heck, I'm more likely in debt concerning artistic skill. I got it, and I think every geek that knows TMNT would get it. Sweet art though.
    Redundant much?
    Prepare for Snark: Oh, by the way, did you actually mean that statement or just trolling again?
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Chono Trigger and Beer...why not.

• Forgive me if I might be delving into any personal matters, but what's stopping you?
    Why rush when I am so young and only want to have one child? Why not take my time and make a better situation for my family?
    How old are you, if I may ask? you don't have to directly answer but could you narrow it down or gimme an estimate please?
  • edited July 2009
    How old are you, if I may ask? you don't have to directly answer but could you narrow it down or gimme an estimate please?
    Umm, why do you care? This comes across as kind of nosy and weird.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    Umm, why do you care? This comes across as kind of nosy and weird.
    I'm just wondering, that's all? If that came off as a little creepy then I apologize as that wasn't my intention at all.
    Post edited by Geo on

• Great race on the 4th of July. I'm more of a rally fan but an occasional Nascar isn't bad in this case.

Lordyupa from an outsiders point of view it did seem a little creepy.
  • I'm not a creepy person! It was just a little slip-up, so would everyone stop giving me flak about this please?
  • I'm not a creepy person! It was just a little slip-up, so would everyone stop giving me flak about this please?
    Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe you ARE a creepy person, and you don't realize it? :)
    Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe you ARE a creepy person, and you don't realize it? :)
    Oh hush! Seriously though, if you were to talk to my friends, creepy would be the last word they would use to describe. I'm actually a very polite, empathic, and generally friendly person to people.
  • Oh hush! Seriously though, if you were to talk to my friends, creepy would be the last word they would use to describe. I'm actually a very polite, empathic, and generally friendly person to people.
    That's probably true. It's just hard to take someone's word for it when they say "I'm not creepy". I don't know if most creepy people know they're creepy. For the record, I don't think you're creepy.