This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Hurry up and get the beta of Project Donut by Luke Crane! NOW! Only 1000 downloads available!
    What is this, hell I signed up anyway, it has Luke Crane on it
    "FreeMarket is a transhumanist science fiction roleplaying game designed by Jared Sorensen and Luke Crane. It is inspired by the works of authors such as Bruce Sterling, Cory Doctorow, William Gibson, Neal Stephenson and Jim Munroe."
    OH SHI--

• Rapid 3d model using a web cam.
  • Rapid 3d model using a web cam.
    We are living in the future.
  • edited November 2009
    The DJ Hero soundtrack has some real gems in it, I'm really liking:
    I Heard It Through The Grapevine vs Feel Good Inc. - Marvin Gaye vs The Gorillaz.
    Monkey Wrench vs Sabotage - Foo Fighters vs The Beastie Boys.
    Robot Rock vs We Will Rock You - Daft Punk vs Queen.
    I Want You Back vs. Semi-Charmed Life - Jackson 5 vs. Third Eye Blind.

Edit: How did I forget:
    Ice Ice Baby vs Can't Touch this - Vanilla Ice vs M.C. Hammer.
    Post edited by Omnutia on

• Don't understand the costumes, don't really care.
  • Well this is odd, I am now approved to be on a Roku box meaning you can now see my blip videos on it.

Anyone want to propose a Geeknight channel on the Roku?
  • Abingdon Boys School - Howling
    Watching Darker than Black? I still need to get around to checking that out.
  • My father's been the ICU for the past three days due to congestive heart failure, edema, gout, and many other ailments. It's been a rough few days. He's finally showing some improvement and seems to be stabilizing.

Today, during his visit with the doctor, the doctor asks a few questions to make sure my father is fairly aware of his surroundings. The doctor asks if he knows the date. My dad looks at the doctor for a moment, thinking, then he yells, "November 14th, Pacquiao Fight!". Even though my father is a day off on his dates, I find it hilarious he associates his dates with big sporting events involving Islander/Asian people. It's too bad he's going to miss the fight on Pay Per View tomorrow.
  • edited November 2009
    That's really rough, Ro, but I'm glad to hear that he's getting better. I wish your family the best. (And, like I've mentioned before, these are the only times I kinda wish I was still religious, so I could pray for you and your family.)
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • That's really rough, Ro, but I'm glad to hear that he's getting better. I wish your family the best. (And, like I've mentioned before, these are the only times I kinda wish I was still religious, so I could pray for you and your family.)
    Thanks. It's funny you mention religion because that's been on my mind lately as well. I was raised Catholic, however it wasn't greatly enforced on me. I did go to church with my family on Sundays, attended Sunday school, went through Communion, but during my high school years, I stopped going. My mother and brother are fairly devout Catholics and go to Church.

Anyways, in my recent worries, I wondered what do I do to pray for my father? I'm not religious and it would be hypocritical to pray to God. I sometimes catch myself almost praying because it was embedded in me since childhood. I guess the only thing I could do is hope.

It was strange but comforting because I was there when the Chaplain did his rounds to all the inpatients in ICU and was kind enough to speak to my father for a bit and prayed with my father per his request. I cried a bit when the Chaplain was praying over my father because it felt ominous to something that will happen eventually when my father does pass. I almost wanted to close my eyes and bow my head down in prayer, but I didn't know what to do. I may not believe in God, but I was still happy and appreciative that the Chaplain was there to at least to help bring out the good spirits in my father.
  • This seems utterly boring until you realize that you're reading it in the voice of Swedish Chef from the Muppets.
    The most fun bit about that was imagining a scenario that leads to you looking up that exact page.
  • edited November 2009
    Got the speakers for a pound at a jumble sale! Time to show these punk kids with their crappy phone music how we do it!

DSLt added for scale. Even without the C x 4 batteries to power the amp, it sounds pretty good.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • @Nukerjsr
    Yes! That video is so much win.
  • edited November 2009
    You should also add this then:
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • I got attacked by nostalgia recently, what can I say?
  • @Nukerjsr
    Yes! That video is so much win.
    This is more win.
  • How to properly pick a lock.
  • I just got back from GameStop where I purchased a 360 GH3 Les Paul wireless marked 'used' for $15. In fact it was brand new, still in plastic!

My best guess is that it may have been part of a set cracked open for display.
  • edited November 2009

Anyways, in my recent worries, I wondered what do I do to pray for my father? I'm not religious and it would be hypocritical to pray to God. I sometimes catch myself almost praying because it was embedded in me since childhood. I guess the only thing I could do is hope.
    If he is still religious, tell him you have prayed for him even if you haven't. It will make him feel good and it won't cost you anything.

Actually, tell him that we're all praying for him too. It might be mostly a fib (although I'm sure Axel will pray for him if you ask), but it will make him feel good. There are times in a person's life when feeling good, or at least feeling less pain, is more important than the truth.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • The Top 50 Blaxploitation Movies Ever...in Cinemaphonic Quadrovision!!!
    DId I tell you that I actually met Dolemite? I have a non-digital type picture of us somewhere, so it may be difficult to find, because it might still be in KY, and it might have been lost in the flood, but I'll scan it and post it if I can find it.
  • DId I tell you that I actually met Dolemite? I have a non-digital type picture of us somewhere, so it may be difficult to find, because it might still be in KY, and it might have been lost in the flood, but I'll scan it and post it if I can find it.
    I....I have no words.....
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks so much, Ro! You're the best EVAH! I just finally got it framed and put up proper-like, but even when it was just leaning against the wall on top of the air conditioner, no one entered my house without commenting on it. Friends are officially jealous.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Thanks so much, Ro! You're the best EVAH! I just finally got it framed and put up proper-like, but even when it was just leaning against the wall on top of the air conditioner, no one entered my house without commenting on it. Friends are officially jealous.
    No, thank you, for the awesome panda logo. But you're very welcome. It looks awesome on your wall, and I'm happy that your friends are full of envy!

As for my thing of the day, I forgot to mention this yesterday, but as I was driving home, the car in front of me had a vanity license plate that said, "POKEMON". I needed that smile after a stressful and hectic morning. When I passed the car up, I gave the goat's horn signal and thumbs up.
  • Team Fortress 2 Holiday Cards