This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• DId I tell you that I actually met Dolemite? I have a non-digital type picture of us somewhere, so it may be difficult to find, because it might still be in KY, and it might have been lost in the flood, but I'll scan it and post it if I can find it.
    1. That's awesome. I actually watched Dolemite again today.

2. The Flood?
  • I got attacked by nostalgia recently, what can I say?
    You saw this recently haven't you?
  • My thing of the day is to make you remember this:

"The Storyteller"
  • Muppets Win!
    Hmm, I was under the impression that the Muppet movie that Jason Segel was working on was the Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made. Interesting.

And for those who don't know the kanji used.

?: Chi - Blood
    ?: yo(dare) - drool
    ?: ko(na) - powder
    ?: rei - spirit
    ?: to - person

Chi-yo-ko-rei-to: Chocolate.
  • edited November 2009
    3D Mandelbrot set
    Oh yes, there is a big picture available here.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • That's one badass fucking fractal.
  • 3D Mandelbrot set
    ZOOMING IN, BE BACK IN FOREVER!
  • Secret code on Facebook: Up Up, down down, left right left right, B A enter. If pressed, scrolling the page up and down now creates magic circles. Looks like the Facebook programmers are fans of the Konami code.
  • I just went through all of my old NPR podcasts (I haven't listened to them in god knows how long) and have updated them by deleting and adding many different episodes and shows. I am unable to trust any news source (other than 60 Minutes) since NPR is so good, and I highly suggest many other people do the same.
  • Oh yes, there is a big picture available.
    I'm convinced that staring too long at that will bring one of the elder gods through my screen.
  • edited November 2009
    Oh yes, there is a big picture available.
    I'm convinced that staring too long at that will bring one of the elder gods through my screen.
    Yes, I have already appropriated that image for an RPG campaign of ours ;-).
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Secret code on Facebook: Up Up, down down, left right left right, B A enter. If pressed, scrolling the page up and down now creates magic circles. Looks like the Facebook programmers are fans of the Konami code.
    Good: it actually works. Bad: it crashed my Firefox.
  • Secret code on Facebook: Up Up, down down, left right left right, B A enter. If pressed, scrolling the page up and down now creates Lens Flare. Looks like the Facebook programmers are fans of the Konami code.
    FTFY.

"These wacky teens just got moved to an apartment right next to the LA school of arts! Join Juno, Melissa, Helen, and Sue in their wacky art school antics! Sunshine Sketchers, coming to Disney Channel, this summer!"

:D
  • "These wacky teens just got moved to an apartment right next to the LA school of arts! Join Juno, Melissa, Helen, and Sue in their wacky art school antics! Sunshine Sketchers, coming to Disney Channel, this summer!"
    Wha...?

"These wacky teens just got moved to an apartment right next to the LA school of arts! Join Juno, Melissa, Helen, and Sue in their wacky art school antics! Sunshine Sketchers, coming to Disney Channel, this summer!"

:D
    Hidamary Sketch? On the Disney Channel? Oh shit, better than no anime at all. Don't really like their English names, though.
  • "These wacky teens just got moved to an apartment right next to the LA school of arts! Join Juno, Melissa, Helen, and Sue in their wacky art school antics! Sunshine Sketchers, coming to Disney Channel, this summer!"
    Wha...?
    "HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG. My nutbladder." It's so stupidly cute it spawned that meme. Have yet to watch it myself though.
  • Leopard seal spends 4 days trying to teach National Geographic photographer how to eat a penguin. For reals.
  • Leopard seal spends 4 days trying to teach National Geographic photographer how to eat a penguin. For reals.
    Holy shit, that's crazy.
  • Oh man, that Castlevania one is awesome.
  • Holy shit, that's crazy.
    More like amazing. How cool would it be to be that guy and have that experience? He was probably terrified the entire time.
  • You peeps have some damn good TotDs today.
    Protip: Boing Boing.
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAND comment 6000.
    Protip:Boing Boing.
    I stopped reading Boing Boing forever ago. I prefer getting all the interesting stuff filtered through here.