This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Indie game title generator. League of AstroNinjas? Greedy Zombie Fortress? Yes please!
  • Indie game title generator. League of AstroNinjas? Greedy Zombie Fortress? Yes please!
    I rolled Mr. Tank and Knightcraft.

Which one should I make?
  • I got Mr. Robot.
  • edited March 2011
    Also, Pirate Fortress.

SERIOUSLY considering doing concept art for one of these.

EDIT: League of GunVikings just won.

Holy fucking shit. GUNVIKINGS.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited March 2011
    Fat Vikingcraft

Sounds like fun.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • WindUpBird presents: Mr. GunViking. Deep Space Nordic Warrior Bullet Hell Platforming Pillaging Action Bomb.
  • Starting concept work tonight.
  • Tank Defense. As if tanks need defending.
  • Tank Defense. As if tanks need defending.
  • Ninja Hamster Fortress
  • Also, Pirate Fortress.

SERIOUSLY considering doing concept art for one of these.

EDIT: League of GunVikings just won.

Holy fucking shit. GUNVIKINGS.
    You mean Space Wolves?
  • WindUpBird presents: Mr. GunViking. Deep Space Nordic Warrior Bullet Hell Platforming Pillaging Action Bomb.
  • Probably won't play as well as it looks but damn does it look great.
  • And it has something not seen in an FPS in over a decade: COLORS!
  • And it has something not seen in an FPS in over a decade: COLORS!
    Red is a color. There has been plenty of red.

Anyways, so why is everyone piloting an elemental?
  • edited March 2011
    Forget your troubles, come on get happy...
    You + that House episode got that song stuck in my head all day.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited March 2011
    And it has something not seen in an FPS in over a decade: COLORS!
    Red is a color. There has been plenty of red.

Anyways, so why is everyone piloting an elemental?
    I don't think they're all Elementals; I'm pretty sure I saw at least one Mad Cat-esque design in there.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • It could be they're steering well clear of being sued.
  • edited March 2011
    That looks like a District 9 video game.

I'll be in my bunk.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited March 2011
    Some MLP fans made an engine for creating 2D My Little Pony games in Flash. Observe:
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • "Hi Richard

I came to see your show at Harrogate on Monday evening, and really rather enjoyed it.

I was particularly struck by your question of how many holy communions would you have to take before you had eaten a whole Jesus? I'm not a great one for maths, however my friend Brian is. I asked him to work out the answer to the question and below is the answer he came up with.

The average human male weighs 170lb at present, its a fair assumption this was a lot lower 2000 years ago as almost no one was able to eat sufficiently well to be over weight, also people were a lot smaller, probably by about a foot, assuming thats not far off but that the distribution of below, at and above weight individuals was the same as today then the average weight would be decreased by about 25% so... Hyperthetically Jesus weighed about 129lb (170 less 25%) the human body is approximately 60% water which is more or less the same as the wine you drink to represent the blood. So dry weight Jesus was about 52lb. The average loaf of bread is about 12oz and is split amongst a congregation of say 240 people so they each get a 20th of an ounce at each communion. 52lb is 832oz so they would need to attend 16,640 communions to 'eat' Christ - thats every Sunday for 333 years.

If we go back to the blood, we can use the overall body weight to be equivalent to the weight of wine you'd need to drink to account for the water (as they're both about 60% water plus other stuff) so you'd need to drink 129lb of wine to 'drink' Jesus. We'll be very naughty and convert dry weight straight to fluid ounces on a one to one ratio which gives us 129pints (US imperial) one US pint is 473ml so thats 61 litres of wine. A bottle of 700ml split between the same congregation would mean 2.8ml per member of the congregation, so you would need to go to communion 21,785 times to drink Christ or every Sunday for 419 years.

I hope this is helpful in your quest.

Lots of love

Lottie xx"
  • edited March 2011
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    My mom's the most technologically competent person who works at her library, and she's been struggling with DRM for a few years now that they're starting to lend out eReaders preloaded with eBooks and MP3 players for audiobooks. There's some real bullshit going on in that area right now, and it's possible it will lead to a boycott or two.
  • It feels like jelly