This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited March 2011
    The term is "anthropogenic"; "anthropomorphic" would mean attribution of human characteristics to the process.
    You are correct of course, the Liberals are super conservative in their views
    Not compared to U.S. politicians they aren't.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited March 2011
    I feel that GetUp are a necessary left wing propoganda machine and at the moment they are of intrinsic value to the debate if we are to combat the vitriol spouted by John Laws, and the rest of the religious, xenophobic right.
    Yes and no. Yes - We do need a Left wing propaganda machine like Getup to oppose Laws and Bolt, without a doubt.
    However, we need one that's independent from the labour party - as Getup, while they do oppose bolt, Laws and the like, also try to paint all Liberal - I'd call them right wing, but both major parties in this country are right wing enough for it to get really confusing if I do that, as we've already covered - supporters and politicians with the same foul brush as Bolt, Laws, and their Whacky christian conservative crew, because that is in the interest of the labour party. This is obviously not fair comment, as there are many within the liberal party who want nothing to do with that sort of idiocy.

Essentially, I think we need some more people like Brian "Spoonman" Carlton, who is personally somewhat liberal leaning, but actually has some integrity to his reporting and rabble rousing - Despite his own voting habits, he's just as willing to jump on Abbot and co for proposing a stupid policy as he is willing to jump on Gilliard and co for doing the same. Example - He's always on the case of Queen Clover and the Labour mob down in New South Wales, but he also openly says that the only Way Barry O'Farrel will have a chance in the election is that if he keeps his head down and his mouth shut, and does that thing hardest for all politicians, not say or do anything stupid. Kinda helps that he's passionate, funny, and intelligent too.

Also, it'd be nice to see some actual centrists - y'know, people who have an agenda of doing the most good for the most people, regardless of who they vote for, and giving the people within reason what they want - but that's not going to happen. Even just as a commenter who isn't on either side, all that happens is that the Liberals accuse you of being a labour stooge, labour supporters accuse you of being a liberal stooge, and nobody fuckin' listens to you.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited March 2011
    I agree wholeheartedly with that Churba.

Also @ Lackofcheese
    *facepalm / whince*

Cheers for that correction, I am somewhat amused by the notion of the weather taking on human characteristics :D
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • edited March 2011
    Well, you could definitely describe some recent weather in Japan as "irate", so anthropomorphising climate is not entirely out of place.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
    My thing of the day is the phrase "Sweet litigation, bro."
  • I love it when Aussie politics come up because I get to hear all the awesome nicknames you've got for your politicians.
    Needs more David Mitchell.
  • edited March 2011
    Harmony Corine directed a short film with Die Antwood featuring Ninja and Yolandi rolling around on wheelchairs, shooting guns, and smoking comically large blunts. It's basically amazing.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Oh my god I need that.
  • Oh my god I need that. And a fresh pair of boxers.
    FTFY.
  • I remember seeing something like that on the Screensavers back when g4 was still techtv, and I've always wanted one since.
  • *mind esploded*
  • edited March 2011
    Oh my god I need that. And a fresh pair of boxers.
    FTFY.
    I would pay any amount of money for that.
    *mind esploded*
    That guy was going DAMNED fast through that drift. *Impressed*
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • That image will be on the banner waved above mankind's last stand.
  • Casa Vino what does your job of you looking a vaginas all day have to do with climate change?
  • From the man who brought you real Mario Kart:
    River Fucking City Ransom 2!
    BARF!
  • Casa Vino what does your job of you looking a vaginas all day have to do with climate change?
  • trippy
    That was amazing... and mesmerizing... and beautiful.

Thought at the end, I was like "Why is Ananth in there?"