This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• If that was Devin Townsend...

...THEN WHO WAS SKULLET!?
    He shaved it off about 4-5 years ago and kept his hair in a box, it's part of the Ziltoid puppet now.
    He's the best kind of crazy there is.
  • Oh mans. 4am Enforcer hotel room = UTTER HILARITY. It's much in the tone of Fast Karate.
  • Epic thread time at Fark. These don't come along every day. :D
  • edited March 2011
    Thank you, French Museum of Natural History.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited March 2011
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The Greatest Living Afghan Musician:
  • So a while back, in the metal thread, I talked about this awesome band called Borean Dusk, a progressive instrumental folk metal band. Their entire album is available, streaming, from their website. Anyhow, I was so impressed that I bought a t-shirt to support the guys.

Well, I got home today, and look what was in the mail for me:
    So go support these guys. They should get mad fucking props for being so cool.
  • edited March 2011

I would love for everone to please check out my friend,Mike Wagganer's web comic. It is called Deep Space Tragedy. First of all the name of the comic is the name of the band who are the primary protaganists of the comic. Now you may think, "Oh this is just a comic about a band." You could not be more wrong my friend. This comic is amazing! In this comic everyone is a ROBOT! That is right, they are all ROBOTS! As the title would indicate this comic also takes place in deep space! These robots not only play music, they also kick ass!!!! If you would like to read it from the begining start here. This is the comic from the begining. The latest page is here.. I can not think of one thing to not like about this comic! On Saturday Mike shipped all of the current pages and a couple more off to the printers. Soon this will be availble in a bound book. I strongly recomend everyone to buy this book.

If you like the comic please join the Facebook group and tell everyone and all yourfriends how much you like it!!!!!
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • If you like the comic please join the Facebook group and tell everyone and all yourfriends how much you like it!!!!!
    ...um?

Lizards gonna liz
  • For anyone who records and mixes music, this is amazing. It's especially helpful if you need to EQ an instrument that you're not used to working with.
  • edited March 2011
    Attention Oscar peoples: This is the way to have an awards show with one host on drugs and the other willing to do pretty much anything. The first time MTV has ever been better than anyone at anything.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • edited March 2011
    Double post, but whatever: Anime News Nina
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I just found out there's a games store in DC. ~*+Joyous head pop+*~

Also, a small local gaming con. It's no PAX or MAGfest, but whatever. It will be fun and have gaming!
  • Dino D-Day is a FPS where you fight Nazi dinosaurs. Best game ever? I think so. It's also only $20.
  • Music video made with 7 seconds of footage from a train passing the train station in slow motion:
  • As a geologist, I find it a source of constant frustration being surrounded by people whom refuse to argue coherently as to why they disbelieve man-made atmospheric pollutants cause Climate change. So when gatherings like this manage to cleverly counter misinformation by stealing / inverting the media coverage of the skeptics and their 'grass-roots' anti-climate agenda, I feel such joy.

and then...

It was a fantastic turnout!
  • edited March 2011
    So when gatherings like this manage to cleverly counter misinformation by stealing / inverting the media coverage of the skeptics and their 'grass-roots' anti-climate agenda, I feel such joy.
    GetUP? Yeaaaaah. You do realize they're essentially a Labor Party front/astroturf/campaigning organisation? I won't argue what they're doing in this instance - the end result is acceptable, even if their method can be a bit suspect - Note how they only really attack Right-wing climate change deniers, and then try to paint the right wing exclusively as climate change deniers, when in reality, the left wing and right wing both have a minority of Climate change deniers.

I'm not saying they're always wrong, or should be strung up and shot, or anything like that - only that you should take everything they say with a boulder-sized grain of salt, and examine their motives and methods.

Edit - Watching the second video, I couldn't help but laugh when the bloke shouted out "WE'RE THE REAL GRASSROOTS ORGANISATION!" - No, shiteyes, you're not. At Best, you're a fucking labor astroturf. At worst, you're a front for Labour manipulating the public to swing the tide of public opinion.

Jesus christ, I don't understand how anyone could pick the Labor Party or the Liberal party these days - They're both full to bursting with people who don't give a fuck about the people, only about the power they hold and could hold. Gilliard(AKA, The Red Menace, AKA, PMBOT 2000, AKA J-gilly) Nor Abbot(The Budgie Smuggler) should be PM, and Kevin Rudd(AKA, The Smiler) shouldn't have been either - They are or were just in it for the sake of being PM, because they thought they deserved to be PM, and fuck the people, the second their ballot paper drops through the slot with your name on it they don't matter a pinch of pelican piss.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Kevin Rudd(AKA, The Smiler)
    Lucky for you, I'm selling bowel disruptors on the cheap.
  • Lucky for you, I'm selling bowel disruptors on the cheap.
    It kinda breaks down when you consider that Howard was only Vaguely like The beast, not even enough to justify using it for a nickname.
  • Yeah, The Australian Sex Party is the best party.
  • Yeah, The Australian Sex Party is the best party.
    True dat.

• I'm not saying they're always wrong, or should be strung up and shot, or anything like that - only that you should take everything they say with a boulder-sized grain of salt, and examine their motives and methods.

Edit - Watching the second video, I couldn't help but laugh when the bloke shouted out "WE'RE THE REAL GRASSROOTS ORGANISATION!" - No, shiteyes, you're not. At Best, you're a fucking labor astroturf. At worst, you're a front for Labour manipulating the public to swing the tide of public opinion.

Jesus christ, I don't understand how anyone could pick the Labor Party or the Liberal party these days - They're both full to bursting with people who don't give a fuck about the people, only about the power they hold and could hold. Gilliard(AKA, The Red Menace, AKA, PMBOT 2000, AKA J-gilly) Nor Abbot(The Budgie Smuggler) should be PM, and Kevin Rudd(AKA, The Smiler) shouldn't have been either - They are or were just in it for the sake of being PM, because they thought they deserved to be PM, and fuck the people, the second their ballot paper drops through the slot with your name on it they don't matter a pinch of pelican piss.
    You are correct of course, the Liberals are super conservative in their views, and the labor 'left' are only marginally more central than their liberal opposites. My comment was made to highlight my jubilation for hearing groups reacting in just a few days to counter rallies based on misinformation.

I am rapidly running out of patience for these 'anthopomorphic climate change' deniers...

I feel that GetUp are a necessary left wing propoganda machine and at the moment they are of intrinsic value to the debate if we are to combat the vitriol spouted by John Laws, and the rest of the religious, xenophobic right.