This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Fuck. No. Jeremy. y u do dis. The dude literally looks like he's writhing in pain.
    Be quiet, we're bonding. I feel like I've known this man for my entire life!
  • Fuck. No. Jeremy. y u do dis. The dude literally looks like he's writhing in pain.
    Be quiet, we're bonding. I feel like I've known this man for my entire life!
    Considering how long it is, that's not too far off the mark.
  • Considering how long it is, that's not too far off the mark.
    I've physically felt parts of my body die while I've been watching this.
  • You're bringing it upon yourself, Jere. No sympathy.
  • edited August 2011
    The construction is pretty damned interesting. It also let me know that he didn't sit for three days straight and count to 100,000, which was the only reason I would have watched the video.

Also, I rediscovered UNIQLOCK, which actually is something I could watch for three days straight.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • No sympathy.
  • Baby Tasmanian Devils are adorable.
    I woke one evening to my partners family Schipperke cutting sick at something in the garden shed. Upon investigating we discovered this tiny dog had cornered an even smaller Devil behind the mower.
    Devil was released and we then had pancakes.
  • Kinda want but not for £40.
  • I used to have one of those but it was UFO-shaped. It kinda sucked though because you have to put exactly the right amount of helium in the balloon to make it boyant.
  • I got my first ever link karma today. Just by posting LEGOs! This is much easier than I thought it was.
  • edited August 2011
    An interesting article about a Canadian man's perspective on Australia and, particularly, Australians.

Though, I should note, the "Overwhelming Britishness" he mentions is very much a Western-Australia thing, rather than an east-coast thing. It's present here, certainly - undeniably so - but not as strongly over in the west.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Ah, Little Creatures. Fond memories.
  • edited August 2011
    Joe Santoli is the owner of Digital Press, what many consider the best video game store in the US. He is raising money to create a real video game museum go donate.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited August 2011
    Is it weird that this has made me more interested in baseball than I've ever been before?

What other sport could offer up something this apparently messed up at a superficial glance at the professional level?
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • first ever link karma
    My link karma.
  • edited August 2011
    Graph of programming languages used in open source projects tracked by ohloh.

Over the past 6 years (a wierd change in patterns happens in 2005): C is plunging pretty steadily, Java is fairly stable, C++ is either stable or growing slightly, with Python and Ruby growing quickly. It is difficult to tell from the linked plot, but it appears that Ruby has stabilized while Python continues to grow.

Also interesting, according to this graph, C, Java, and C++ are currently pretty evenly distributed across the tracked projects.

You can modify the plot to include C# or other proprietary, non-portable languages, but I prefer to pretend they don't exist.
    Post edited by Byron on
  • edited August 2011
    My link karma.
    dealwithit.gif
    On second thought, I do give a fuck, but I really like this picture.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
    I died and went to guinea pig heaven.

• Admittedly, I thought about posting this. I'm not a huge fan of this sort of thing but even I have to admit it's pretty damned good driving.
  • On second thought, I do give a fuck
    Except it's okay to not give a fuck, because Neito is the /r/anime admin and will naturally own your shit with his ungodly link karma any day. ~_^
  • Video
    Heaven forbid someone is talking sense in the Youtube comments , but :
    Horrible...just look at all the tire tracks on the ground. How many takes did it take for him to make this junk? Perhaps he should try practicing for WRC instead of making this garbage, then maybe he wouldnt be at the bottom of the rankings for the second consecutive year