This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• The asshole in the room above me (who is the source of much doubchebaggery and general infuriating antics) is violently bargling into his sink. It sounds like a fucking warzone up there.

I feel like universe is ultimately indifferent, but sometimes, it is just.
  • WHAT HAPPENS ON 12/12/12?
    Hawken, that's what.
  • edited March 2012
    WHAT HAPPENS ON 12/12/12?
    Hawken, that's what.
    MECH SNIPER RIFLES... DO WANT!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Also, Turns out a recommendation from someone already enlisted gets you in the fight faster - and three reccos gets all of us in the fight faster. And thus, This link. Post if you use it, so that someone else can get their three, we're intelligent, I'd hope we can do this with some semblance of order.
  • This made me laugh.

• I don't know how to respond to that.
  • The "I run this shit" photo really makes me giggle.
  • @Luke, comic sans is actually objectively the best body font. It's easier for dyslexics to read and you retain the information better. Always use comic sans.
  • Oh, that was enjoyable, thanks. Then I shed a tear, because there are some crazy extended family members and other random people that send me right-wing crazy conspiracy theory crap emails from time to time that would totally believe many of these (especially the lightbulb, electricity, and post office ones). In fact, I fully expect to see some of these "facts" land in my in box in the coming months.

• I'd put money on the US Department of Energy one being purported as truth. You should respond by telling them to "Sweat it out!"
  • I don't get why everyone is so worked up about lightbulbs. If we're going to get this worked up and passionate about something, can it be something significant?
  • edited March 2012
    I want to see if Scott's head explodes.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • edited March 2012
    Scott is impervious to such obvious trolling.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • What is this, amateur hour?
  • What would he have to complain about?? The font? I dont get it.
  • What would he have to complain about?? The font? I dont get it.
    Yeah, needs more Comic Sans.

• edited March 2012
    I don't get why everyone is so worked up about lightbulbs. If we're going to get this worked up and passionate about something, can it be something significant?
    I seriously hope you're fucking kidding.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Mighty Boosh themed costume party. Winning!
  • Also, Turns out a recommendation from someone already enlisted gets you in the fight faster - and three reccos gets all of us in the fight faster. And thus, This link. Post if you use it, so that someone else can get their three, we're intelligent, I'd hope we can do this with some semblance of order.
    All three of mine are done, so use my link if you want, but I'd prefer you used someone else's, give them a chance.

• http://playhawken.com?ref=1W9kV7uo for instance.

Though, as I understand, the benefit isn't pyramid shaped, one link gets all the people who attach to it in faster.
  • I don't get why everyone is so worked up about lightbulbs. If we're going to get this worked up and passionate about something, can it be something significant?
    What? Lightbulbs are really quite insignificant. This is rhetoric we should be using to cut the military budget or fix education or something important. I use florescents because of a traumatic experience I had involving a reading light, a Munich hotel, and a 2nd degree burn -- but I don't care what other people use, and the government stopping the sale of incandescents isn't any sort of attack on Capitalism. I'd just like everyone to move on.
  • President Barack Obama will be the commencement speaker at Barnard College next year.
    Given that I go to school literally across the street, so there's a good chance I'll be able to physically be at the address, this is pretty awesome.
    What? Lightbulbs are really quite insignificant. This is rhetoric we should be using to cut the military budget or fix education or something important. I use florescents because of a traumatic experience I had involving a reading light, a Munich hotel, and a 2nd degree burn -- but I don't care what other people use, and the government stopping the sale of incandescents isn't any sort of attack on Capitalism. I'd just like everyone to move on.
    The military budget and education are both items of definite concern, but the massive amount of glass and tungsten they deplete, combined with the CO2 footprint of incandescents, makes each one of those lightbulbs incredibly wasteful. Furthermore, the amount of lightbulbs used on earth is absolutely tremendous. If you could get every place on earth to use CFLs in place of incandescents, the overall effect on the earth's atmosphere would be tremendously beneficial!

Don't mistake ease of application for triviality.
  • Haven't we been over this? I don't care about global warming, and you don't hate me for it because I do green shit for entirely unrelated reasons.
  • Haven't we been over this? I don't care about global warming, and you don't hate me for it because I do green shit for entirely unrelated reasons.
    Your apathy is simply willful ignorance that you've dressed in egotism to make yourself feel a bit better about it. You can argue that point all you want, but I think most would agree. I'm just trying to educate you a bit.