This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• New day, new thing:
  • You know, he has a point. A well stocked Beer Fridge is essential to one's happiness.
  • Meanwhile, in Australia...

• A Pretty awesome beatbox vesrion of the Mortal Kombat theme song.

• New day, new thing:
    [video]
    While I am not found of how his way of saying it I had a friend who used that same method and I will say it works. The only difference between that video and my friends place was that my friend had more consoles and they were in a room so the kids be there with the door closed while my friend fooled around with the mom. I think he even had a video baby monitor with two way radio rigged up to the room just in case.
  • edited July 2012
    Just picked up my first DSLR today a used Nikon D60 with a 35mm 1:1 lens. Best picture I took today was of a twisted tree near the dam.

Taken in Gorge Metro Park in Akron. Lake used to be used as a hydro electric power plant by Ohio Edison but they didn't do much research on the river. Ends up it wasn't a good constant source of power due to the lack of rain in some seasons. The spillway is usually has more water pouring over it.

Video of the spillway's normal water flow after a snow melt.

Post edited by Alan on
  • edited July 2012
    Just Pine-sol being dicks to people.

Also this. Though her accent could stand a bit of work.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Correction, this is the Thing of my day -

• Merida @ Disneyland
    The face characters have always been great. Jack Sparrow was almost as charming in the parks as in the movie.
  • Merida @ Disneyland
    The face characters have always been great. Jack Sparrow was almost as charming in the parks as in the movie.
    Oh, she's note perfect for a face character, but her accent makes me cringe.

• Karen Gillan would be an AWESOME Merida.
  • Today is a good day. And this is the best twitter account - I present to you, 50 Sheds of Grey.

• "... The cannons on this model are non-functional." Damn. ;)
  • Come on, Murray!

Awww.... yay Federer!
  • I've been reading waaay too many 4chan green-text stories. I know they're usually works of fiction, but this one feels almost real:
  • edited July 2012
    If it's true, on the one hand, I applaud the quick thinking of the daughter. On the other hand, I would admonish the three of them for
    A. Abusing the trust of her super cool parents.
    B. Lying to her parents for three years.
    C. Under age drinkingNevermind.
    D. Having sex that early. (Could lead to legal ramifications and also a pretty bad move IMO.)
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • It's not illegal if both parties are under the age of consent.

Also, Arnold Palmers are half iced tea, half lemonade. That's like admonishing a teenage for drinking Sprite.
  • edited July 2012
    It's not illegal if both parties are under the age of consent.
    Still a bad idea.
    Also, Arnold Palmers are half iced tea, half lemonade. That's like admonishing a teenage for drinking Sprite.
    Really? My grandpa always used to put Johnny Walker in it... Huh. The more you know.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Johnny Walker Arnold Palmers sound delicious.
  • Merida @ Disneyland
    Relevant

• Shopped at Trader Joe's this morning and made an awesome potato salad from organic ingredients and some nifty gold potatoes. So freaking good.

Also found some awesome mochi ice cream, but it's a tad on the sweet side and they didn't have any red bean, got green tea and strawberry.
  • Come on, Murray!

Awww.... yay Federer!
    I feel for Murray, he gets a rough ride from some over here in Britain. Mainly because he is seen as emotionaless and now too emotional! Also whenever he loses, he has choked, instead of looking at the facts that he is the best British male tennis player post war, he just happens to have come up against 2 of the greatest tennis players ever and another one in the making. Put him into Henman's era and he wins at least 1 Grand Slam and then some, maybe not Wimbledon, as Sampras was a great grass court player.

I think it will happen for him though, my money would go on him winning the US open at least, less pressure and he is better on that surface.

• edited July 2012
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • That's amazing and pretty well done.
  • Just found out that this kid who I was really good friends with in middle school before he became a douche in high school is now an actor on Teen Wolf.
  • Ladies and gentlemen...

Homestuck in a nutshell.
  • Just found out that this kid who I was really good friends with in middle school before he became a douche in high school is now an actor on Teen Wolf.
    Oops, that was not meant to be a Thing, it was meant to be a Random Comment.
  • Chicago, I am in you. What are some cool places to go and see in this city? I'm here until Friday.

What a badass.