This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Girl is my hero.
  • edited July 2012
    Greg's (Incomplete) List of Civil Badasses:
    -- Martin Luther King Jr
    -- Bob Dylan
    -- Jon Stewart
    -- Julia Bluhm [New Entry]

EDIT: To avoid double post, here's my thing of my day. Is this offensive? I can't tell. It's my thing either way.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • edited July 2012
    Girl is my hero.
    Thumbs up: Awesome move, young lady! Well Done.
    Thumbs down: They use GIMP instead.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited July 2012
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • edited July 2012
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • New day, new thing:
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOY! If you think that's new, you're a young'un.
  • New day, new thing:
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOY! If you think that's new, you're a young'un.
    Well, I am. Was this not established?
  • made an awesome potato salad from organic ingredients and some nifty gold potatoes. So freaking good.
    Wow, you made a salad out of inorganic potatoes? Golden ones even? My god you're wasteful.
  • made an awesome potato salad from organic ingredients and some nifty gold potatoes. So freaking good.
    Wow, you made a salad out of inorganic potatoes? Golden ones even? My god you're wasteful.
    I beg pardon, Grammar Fuhrer. :-)
  • edited July 2012
    here's my thing of my day. Is this offensive? I can't tell. It's my thing either way.
    Haaaaaaaallelujah. Reddit finally has something funny.
    ay ma brothas, whas all da fuss bout some higsy busom particulate? help a fellow brotha out.
    See, hibby like dis: y'all all got matta 'xistin' all obber da unaverse, made uppa pahduckles, mollekools'n'adams. All dese li'l bitty pieces jes kin'a stickin' tagetha, see? Na' dis here higgity bozin seems ta be the substence wuz makin' de mass wuz keepin' de li'l pro-tons'n'u-trons in place by de ol' noo-clee-us.

Seems ta me ain't so much de "Gawd Pawtickle" as "Yo mama pawtickle" seein' how 's 'sponsible fuh mosta de unuhvoise's mass.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • I beg pardon, Grammar Fuhrer. :-)
    That ain't got nuthin' to do with grammar, boy.
    Well, I am. Was this not established?
    Hush, you're ruining the shitty joke.
  • I beg pardon, Grammar Fuhrer. :-)
    That ain't got nuthin' to do with grammar, boy.
    Hmm is this worth arguing? No it's not. OK then. :)

Anyway that potato salad was tits. I need to make another one as soon as possible.

• here's my thing of my day. Is this offensive? I can't tell. It's my thing either way.
    Haaaaaaaallelujah. Reddit finally has something funny.ay ma brothas, whas all da fuss bout some higsy busom particulate? help a fellow brotha out.
    See, hibby like dis: y'all all got matta 'xistin' all obber da unaverse, made uppa pahduckles, mollekools'n'adams. All dese li'l bitty pieces jes kin'a stickin' tagetha, see? Na' dis here higgity bozin seems ta be the substence wuz makin' de mass wuz keepin' de li'l pro-tons'n'u-trons in place by de ol' noo-clee-us.

Seems ta me ain't so much de "Gawd Pawtickle" as "Yo mama pawtickle" seein' how 's 'sponsible fuh mosta de unuhvoise's mass.
    "Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive."
  • Hmm is this worth arguing? No it's not. OK then. :)
    It's not even an argument. It's a joke about how humans don't eat inorganic things (for sustenance).
    It's not even an argument. It's a joke about how humans don't eat inorganic things (for sustenance).
    *sigh*
    *sigh*
    Don't blame me for idiots specially labelling one organic thing organic and the other not. It's not like I can do anything about the problems the US has.
  • Chicago, I am in you. What are some cool places to go and see in this city? I'm here until Friday.
    1) The Art Institute. All the museums I ever went to in Europe (including d'Orsay and the Louvre) combined still don't have the amount of Seurat paintings we have. The Museum of Science and Industry is really cool, too.

2) Haberdash and Haberdash EDC, for my money the coolest men's stores anywhere.

3) Bookstores and Comic Book Stores, in order of importance: Quimby's Bookstore, Chicago Comics, G-Mart, Myopic Books.

4) Longman and Eagle. Michelin Starred. Brunch with their signature Bloody Larry (a Bloody Mary made with rye whiskey and served with an Old Style beer back) will cost less than $20. I recommend their glorious fried chicken and waffles with sweet potato/pork belly hash. They're also right next to the aforementioned G-Mart, one of my favorite comic shops. Make this restaurant a priority.

5) Other food: Kuma's Corner (best burgers in town), Hot Doug's (best dogs in town), Blackbird (One Michelin star, home to a phenomenal $22 prix fixe lunch), Pizzeria Due (sister to Uno, easier to get into, still the best Chicago-style in the city).

I can give you some more stuff later. If my schedule allows, we should hang.
  • 3:37, bye bye front-bumper camera.
  • 5:42 I now want to film things using moving high speed cameras.
    Those moments aren't high speed cameras. It's a row of cameras that trigger simultaneously, cleverly hidden in the boards to the side.
    Those moments aren't high speed cameras. It's a row of cameras that trigger simultaneously sequentially, cleverly hidden in the boards to the side.

• 1) The Art Institute. All the museums I ever went to in Europe (including d'Orsay and the Louvre) combined still don't have the amount of Seurat paintings we have. The Museum of Science and Industry is really cool, too.

The Museum of Science and Industry is one the best museums I have ever been to. For a start it has a U-Boat! So awesome.

• edited July 2012
    5:42 I now want to film things using moving high speed cameras.
    Those moments aren't high speed cameras. It's a row of cameras that trigger simultaneously sequentiallyyou should use proper tags you idiot, it's simultaneously btw, cleverly hidden in the boards to the side.
    Uh, no. They are taken at the same time. Not one after the other.

• 1) The Art Institute. All the museums I ever went to in Europe (including d'Orsay and the Louvre) combined still don't have the amount of Seurat paintings we have. The Museum of Science and Industry is really cool, too.

The Museum of Science and Industry is one the best museums I have ever been to. For a start it has a U-Boat! So awesome.

U-501 is one of the coolest sights in Chicago. Be sure to tour the interior. It's crazy!
  • Yep, I did that. When I read that there was a U-Boat there, I turned to my friend who I was traveling with and said "I don't care if you want to go or not, I'm off to see the U-Boat!" The rest of the place was just a bonus.
    The museum of surgery was pretty decent as well, for a small out of the way place.
    Those moments aren't high speed cameras. It's a row of cameras that trigger simultaneously sequentiallyyou should use proper tags you idiot, it's simultaneously btw, cleverly hidden in the boards to the side.
    Uh, no. They are taken at the same time. Not one after the other.
    Well, technically, there's probably several microseconds or so between them, but that would be due to differences in the hardware and the wiring and hence still not sequental. For all intents and purposes, they are simultaneous.
  • edited July 2012
    A lot of those factors can be mitigated to an extent by using the same hardware for all cameras, and the wiring can be of equal length everywhere. But it's not like the car moves fast enough to even move on the shutter snap so it's irrelevant. Now if it was going close to the speed of light... TO WHAT-IF.XKCD!