This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited November 2012
    You know, I was going to ask if someone wasn't going to crop in the Olympic not impressed girl, but then I realized that is her.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Well, I always did need to found a new religion. Looks like I found a messiah:

http://thechive.com/2012/11/27/mind-blowing-taiwanese-magician-video/
  • Well, I always did need to found a new religion. Looks like I found a messiah:

http://thechive.com/2012/11/27/mind-blowing-taiwanese-magician-video/
    What the fuck did I just witness?
  • Next time I do a magic video I'll make sure the cameraman zooms in at the right time too.
  • Next time I do a magic video I'll make sure the cameraman zooms in at the right time too.
    Please do. Whatever that man did to cause such wonders makes me filled with joy.
  • Friend: Man, I already had three tests and a German presentation tomorrow, now Ms. KP is giving us this current events assignment...
    Me: I could take care of that for you.
    Friend: Really?
    Me: Yeah
    Friend the second: Greg, as your agent, I recommend you charge for this
    Me: What's standard pricing?
    Friend: $10
    Me: I'll charge you tree fiddy
    Friend: Okay, I'll give you a block of wood and a fiddle.
  • edited November 2012
    Nice!
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Baden Powell was actually a bit of a dick.
  • edited November 2012
    http://www.skrillexquest.com/

I died once and only found 2 keys and 3/6 scroll pieces. I will see if I can get 100% next time.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • http://www.skrillexquest.com/

I died once and only found 2 keys and 3/6 scroll pieces. I will see if I can get 100% next time.
    I love the aesthetic and general feel of this. Not a big Skrillex fan, but it's still pretty damn cool.
  • http://www.skrillexquest.com/

I love the aesthetic and general feel of this. Not a big Skrillex fan, but it's still pretty damn cool.
    Yeah, this is basically way cooler than it has any right to be.
  • Learn to think like a rich person. This really does have a lot of merit.
    I think there's a lot of survivorship bias here as well.

I think it's important to recognize that this isn't about "how to be a rich person" but "how people who become rich think".

Being pathologically optimistic, self-serving and opportunistic probably will be in a better position to capitalize on good fortune. Of course, if you are pathologically optimistic, self-serving and opportunistic and don't encounter good fortune, you're just a crack pot and nobody hears about you.
  • Related to my last video
  • I dislike spiders but this is amusing.

• Baden Powell was actually a bit of a dick.
    Please go on.
  • edited November 2012
    Baden Powell was actually a bit of a dick.
    Please go on.
    For a start, he was an all-but-explicit supporter of fascism, and admired Mussolini. He also thought all other religions beyond Christianity were heretical and should be suppressed, that women shouldn't be in the scouts because they were too soft and weak, that men and boys shouldn't associate with women freely because it makes them weak.

More musical goodness - The Living end covering a Wiggles song. From the Wiggles tribute album Re-wiggled, dedicated to 20 years of the world's most popular children's musical entertainers.

Which also features Spiderbait(covering Rock-a-bye your bear), Architecture in Helinski(wiggly party), and a special cover of Captain's Magic Buttons, by Frenzal Rhomb, famously known for their previous singles "Be Still My Beating Off", "World's Fuckedest Cunt", and of course, "Genitals are funny."

Post edited by Churba on
  • Wow, yeah that's a pretty shitty human being regardless of the context of his lifetime. As for my Thing of the Day:

I'm having a pretty good run of things right now, all considered. Therefore, it's time for my semi-annual dystopian binge. I'm going through Wikipedia and looking for any/all dystopic books to add to my wishlist on Amazon, which I will slowly work through over the next few months. My Thing of the Day therefore is:

ON THE BEACH

Simultaneously the best and worst thing ever.

So... what dystopic novels should I read, friends? Assume I've read all the common ones like 1984, Animal Farm, Anthem, The Giver, Hunger Games, etc.
  • Learn to think like a rich person. This really does have a lot of merit.
    Ahahah this is so terrible
  • I mean yes it's good to know what the social/psychological differences are between most ppl and wealthy folks, but the moralization of everything is so Randian and hilariously misguided.
  • Assuming a friend makes good on paying me back the thousands of dollars he owes me, I shall be getting the Garfield book. I cannot wait.