This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited November 2012
    This exchange about bagged milk. This is what Canada is all about, fr srs.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • edited November 2012
    I like how the π was cut in half. Clever.
    but since it's pi*pie, is that e*pi^2?

Anyway:
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • edited November 2012
    Desperate Gods. A Board Game in a computer.
    This would be super awesome with something like the Leapmotion.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Yoji Enokido (Redline, FLCL, Utena) is working on Eva 3.0. I was not a fan of 1.0 or 2.0, but I am super excite for 3.0.
  • Mmmmmm, Tau.
    I like how the π was cut in half. Clever.
    We should all adopt Tau for the Greater Good!
    In my mind, nope. Zero right.

But in return, she couldn't demand child care from him.
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah, that's basically an issue of corporeal punishment. Like Rym, I'd agree that instances where a woman could bear a child without the man's implicit consent (N.b.: not using protection is implicit consent for a woman to bear your child) would render said woman ineligible for child support. However, I'd hasten to add that said "implicit consent" is very hazy w/r/t the law even concerning the physical act of sex, let alone the biologic aftermath.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited November 2012

Also, Got to drive one of the New Toyota GT86s today. Fuck me that's a fun little machine. If I had the cash, I'd probably buy one. And they're not that expensive...
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2012
    In my mind, nope. Zero right.

But in return, she couldn't demand child care from him.
    Child care is for the child, not the woman.

What they should do is take custody away from her immediately while you stick her in prison. If there is anyone in the world who does not deserve to be raising a child...
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Yeah, that's basically an issue of corporeal punishment. Like Rym, I'd agree that instances where a woman could bear a child without the man's implicit consent (N.b.: not using protection is implicit consent for a woman to bear your child) would render said woman ineligible for child support. However, I'd hasten to add that said "implicit consent" is very hazy w/r/t the law even concerning the physical act of sex, let alone the biologic aftermath.
    If we're talking about how things ought to be, I'd say that the standard should be one of explicit consent.

That said, in order to preserve genuine choice while protecting children, such a system would probably be one where we would want child support to be paid for by the state should the mother unilaterally decide to carry the pregnancy to term.

Absent state-paid support, it makes sense for the state to impose on someone for child support for the sake of the child, and the biological father is in most circumstances the logical choice (with some exceptions, such as sperm donors).
    What they should do is take custody away from her immediately while you stick her in prison. If there is anyone in the world who does not deserve to be raising a child...
    No, I don't think that is sufficient evidence of parental unfitness. Perhaps there is an argument to be made for much more restrictive criteria as to what constitutes a fit parent, but that is not an issue to be taken lightly.
  • Rapists are not unfit parents?
    Often, but not necessarily.
  • If we're talking about how things ought to be, I'd say that the standard should be one of explicit consent.
    More specifically, how about a system where the father has no paternal rights and no paternal obligations unless he bilaterally agrees with the mother?
    I don't think one should make sweeping generalizations like that unless the persons action/belief directly targets the person in question (ie Nazis are unfit rabis, though that would make an awesome sitcom). Any generic rapist shouldn't be a parent, but there do exist rapists who are capable of being good parents.
  • There is something to be said for the woman who is so desperate for a child of her own she'd stoop to raping a man to get pregnant.
  • There is something to be said for the woman who is so desperate for a child of her own she'd stoop to raping a man to get pregnant.
    That she is mentally unstable.
  • edited November 2012
    There is something to be said for the woman who is so desperate for a child of her own she'd stoop to raping a man to get pregnant.
    That she is mentally unstable.
    Yeah, pretty much. That's the kind of bitch that would steal a baby.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • edited November 2012
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
    Wildly irresponsible, yes, but awesome.
  • Reminds me of an episode of Doomsday Preppers. This 15 year old kid made a "maceball bat" which was pretty much the same thing.
  • ALPHA NAIL : NAIL POLISH FOR MEN.

This is the funniest thing I have ever seen.
  • I'd gladly wear nail polish if it were socially and professionally acceptable. More concerned with the latter.