This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• It is beautiful.
  • edited October 2008
    Ahh, so many memories. Back then, "Sonic Says" was like gospel to me, and I think kids today could learn a lot from it.

Not too sure about that last one, but it seems legit.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Thisis a video to a practical guide to racism. It's a real book, my friend bought it the other day. Made me laugh.
  • edited October 2008
    Good Copy Bad Copy. It's a documentary about music copyright and remix culture on the internet, featuring Girl Talk.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Good Copy Bad Copy. It's a documentary about music copyright and remix culture on the internet, featuringGirl Talk.
    Thanks for linking. This was really interesting to watch. Also thanks for introducing me to Girl Talk. The film also introduced me to Danger Mouse as well.

I'll also mention Larry Lessig is in this film for anyone who is interested. He's about 22 minutes in.
  • One stuffed mountain lion for you all on this fine Caturday.
  • This is an advertisement for Final Fantasy IV in Japan.
  • I got bored while gardening today:

• I got bored while gardening today:

That's so awesome!
  • I'm fixing a friends Vista laptop (1.6ghz and 512mb of ram, baaaddd). The screen went black and, after a while, I hit held the power button. Just before the system died, the screen changed to a sea of "=" signs and near the middle were five characters in a line. At the far right of these characters.. there was a DF dwarf (yellow = what job?) looking back at me. Then the system died.
  • The second I saw John Cleese I was so excited...
  • edited October 2008
    Can you name them all? 'Cuz, if you can, I want to be your friend.

Post edited by Sail on
  • 2:48 - My Frown's Upside Down(?). The majority sounds familiar, but I cannot put my finger on it, too much noise to music ratio. It's a nice video though. Can you name them all Sail? :D
  • Can you name them all Sail? :D
    No, I was hoping someone else could.

Just kidding. They're all ska-punk songs. The first is Sell Out by Reel Big Fish, the second is Superman by Goldfinger, the third is The Impression That I Get by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and finally Beer by Reel Big Fish.
  • Just kidding. They're all ska-punk songs. The first is Sell Out by Reel Big Fish, the second is Superman by Goldfinger, the third is The Impression That I Get by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and finally Beer by Reel Big Fish.
    Never heard any of those songs. But I heard a lot of familiar tunes in that video. :\ What does that say about ska-punk?
  • edited October 2008
    Well, Superman is basically Pachelbel's Canon, but I can name ten songs that are basically Pachelbel's Canon that are neither ska or punk. I have no idea where you got Upside Down Frown from, I don't hear that at all. Most likely your ears were reaching for something you found familiar to grab on to. Go listen to the originals on YouTube and see if you still think they sound "familiar".
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I have no idea where you got Upside Down Frown from
    They Might Be Giants. "It is just that my frown, is upside-down" at about 2:48 to 2:51.
  • I have no idea where you got Upside Down Frown from
    They Might Be Giants. "It is just that my frown, is upside-down" at about 2:48 to 2:51.
    I know it's TMBG -_- I mean I don't hear it at all.
    edited October 2008
    I know it's TMBG -_- I mean I don't hear it at all.
    Listen (even) more to TMBG then. :p You have the 'problem' of hearing the original songs, hence making it harder to recognize unrelated songs. I on the other hand never heard the originals, and listened to the video when browsing in a different tab, and thus I picked out the TMBG similarity because I've heard that song more often than the original.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2008
    Can you name them all Sail? :D

Just kidding. They're all ska-punk songs. The first is Sell Out by Reel Big Fish, the second is Superman by Goldfinger, the third is The Impression That I Get by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and finally Beer by Reel Big Fish.
    I got Superman and The Impression that I Get on the first listen, but I had to look at your post to figure out the other two.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • edited October 2008
    Listen (even) more to TMBG then.
    I've bought every album and EP they've ever released. iTunes says I've listened to that track in particular 75 times and I know that my play counts have been reset before. I've been listening to them practically since the time I was born, listening to songs from Flood in pre-school. I'm not sure it's possible to listen to more TMBG.

Like I said before, something you just reiterated:
    Most likely your ears were reaching for something you found familiar to grab on to.
    and thus I picked out the TMBG similarity because I've heard that song more often than the original.
    Darn you, you lovable scamp, and your need to flame everybody! :D
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I got Superman and The Impression that I Get on the first listen, but I had to look at your post to figure out that other two.
    If you like those bands, you'd probably like Reel Big Fish also.
  • Oh my. o_o
  • Can you name them all Sail? :D

I recognized all but the third one right away. Ska is the business. :)