This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• My new shirt is pretty neat.
    Want.
  • My new shirt is pretty neat.
    Want.
    Double want.
  • I got to smash an old radiator with a sledge-hammer in my design class. It was totally awesome.
  • edited October 2008
    Pre-story: I'm a little bit sick. Not that sick to puke every 5 minutes or so, but not healthy enough to go to school. So I was surfing the internet. Out of fun, I went to Amazon and checked out the Lego there. A one of the models looked very familiar and it basically is a reiteration of an older model. In fact, it was a christmas present to me when I was 12 or so. Well, occupational therapy:

The damn thing took me 12 hours to build together since all my Lego was just in a large box. I also burned through about 12 episodes of Fast Karate for the Gentleman while searching for parts and assembling. It's still missing one unique element (part of the dashboard) in the that just wouldn't reveal itself to me. Maybe I'll find it sometime. I'm also missing the original rope that came with the set, so I used some sewing string which is a little bit thin but it works. Don't comment on the table, I know that it needs to be cleaned up again :)
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Older than time itself.
    And yet more proof that not everyone has seen everything on the internet.
  • Today, after shaving with Barbasol and a Mach3 for 2 years, I obtained a Vulfix 849 shaving brush and a Merkur Heavy Classic to accompany a wooden tub of shave soap my grandparents gave my dad a while back, who then gave it to me because he shaves with gel and his own Mach3. I will now conquer facial hair.

And Sail -- Might that be a Threadless shirt?
  • I obtained a Vulfix 849 shaving brush and a Merkur Heavy Classic to accompany a wooden tub of shave soap
    I use a very similar razor, because all those multi-blade razors irritate my face something shocking. Just remember, be careful with your angles until you get used to it, and let the weight of the razor do the work for you - otherwise, you'll carve yourself up like Sunday roast. A styptic pencil isn't a bad idea either. The only real downside is that it's a bit harder to get those two little bits just under your nostrils.

The only better razor I've had was a big old ebony handled cut-throat. Absolute bastard of a thing to master, but once you do, it's absolute magic.
  • edited October 2008
    And Sail -- Might that be a Threadless shirt?
    of Montreal shirt for the poor souls who bought Skeletal Lamping.
    Post edited by whatever on

• Pokemon pan!
  • edited October 2008
    of Montrealshirt for the poor souls who bought Skeletal Lamping.
    Hey >_> I had already heard Skeletal Lamping before I bought it. I mean, the shirt was something I would buy by itself for $20. The album just happened to come with it. I mean, the idea was to give people something more useful than a CD case for buying the album when they can just as easily pirate it. And, look at me, it totally worked. I pirated it and payed for it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Done shaving with the new setup. I didn't apply pressure or angle the blade, and the result is one of 2 things:

1) I currently have the closest shave I have ever experienced
    2) The more likely case: I have still managed to give myself the single most devastating case of razor burn known to man, if the warmth and tenderness in my right cheek are evidence of anything.
  • Hey >_> I had already heard Skeletal Lamping before I bought it. I mean, the shirt was something I would buy by itself for $20. The album just happened to come with it. I mean, the idea was to give people something more useful than a CD case for buying the album when they can just as easily pirate it. And, look at me, it totally worked. I pirated itandpayed for it.
    Oh, of course. I wish more bands would do things like that with releases. It's just that after listening to the pirated copy of Skeletal Lamping I had no intention of giving them money for it.
  • edited October 2008
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • 2) The more likely case: I have still managed to give myself the single most devastating case of razor burn known to man, if the warmth and tenderness in my right cheek are evidence of anything.
    Remember to check if you still have a right cheek - The term Safety Razor is entirely relative.
  • 2) The more likely case: I have still managed to give myself the single most devastating case of razor burn known to man, if the warmth and tenderness in my right cheek are evidence of anything.
    Remember to check if you still have a right cheek - The term Safety Razor is entirely relative.
    I do. Nipped it in the bud with witch hazel and moisturizer.
  • Is anyone in this forum a Watchmen fan?
    Nope, nobody.
    I was actually kind of disappointed with this trailer. I really enjoyed the new footage, but alas, that was only half of the trailer.
  • A short animated film adaptation of Mark Twain's short story, "The War Prayer."

• If you don't get at least a little choked up at the end of this, you're a cold heartless bastard.
  • edited October 2008
    PEW PEW PEW!

or alternatively.....

*SNIFFFFFFFFFF*
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • If you don't get at least a little choked up at the end of this, you're a cold heartless bastard.
    That was beautiful.
  • edited October 2008
    If you don't get at least a little choked up at the end of this, you're a cold heartless bastard.
    You want to have a war of choking people up with YouTube? Here's a fucking nuke.

Post edited by Apreche on
  • You want to have a war of choking people up with YouTube? Here's a fucking nuke.
    I hate you Scott. I hate you so much!

Oh man, when I was browsing the related videos I found this one:

This one made me actually break down and cry.
  • I've been wasting my time cracking up while reading MS Paint Adventures. Ok, sweet.
  • Okay I hate you all, with your "Here's videos that will make you cry" and then they're not even available. That makes me angry.
  • This made my day:
    You are the emergent behavior of a complex system of biochemical interactions.
    So, when I get drunk tonight and wake up face down in the gutter tomorrow in a pool of my own sick, it won't be my fault? Thanks. That'll make me feel less guilty tomorrow.
    Yup! Make sure you tell the wife. "I couldn't help it, honey; I was simply following along in the random, non-directed interaction of atoms. Honest."

Let me know how that works for you.
  • All of them still work for me.