This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• It's an old optical illusion. But am I the only one who finds that album art to be rather cheap?
    A lot of people on the Collected Animals forum agree. I'm indifferent about the art, more concerned with how fucking awesome this album is going to be.
  • edited November 2008
    But am I the only one who finds that album art to be rather cheap?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • But am I the only one who finds that album art to be rather cheap?
    Yeah, the Beatles' White Album. That's simplicity, not cheap. It makes sense too, the album is called The White Album, so the album cover is white. There's a reason, and a meaning in there. Merriweather Post Pavilion are three random words thrown together with 0 meaning and having nothing to do with an old optical illusion image from the internet with 2 colours changed and with the background replaced by a hue-screwed space image. Really, are you such a fanboy of this Animal Collective that you attempt to insult the Beatles? Come on, you know better.
  • edited November 2008
    Today I posted here and I'm dead serious, yet everyone takes me as a troll. I might as well become a troll then.

But, seriously, that J-bass with the purple tortoise-shell pickguard is really ugly.

[Edit] They just closed it. I can't believe it. Thought-policing, anyone? This is why I stick to these forums.
    Wow dude, that was lame. I'm glad I never went there. However, while I agree with you, I think the Bongo (the 6-string version) looks pretty badass. And having John Myung play it makes it even better.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited November 2008
    the album is called The White Album
    The album is not called The White Album. It's called The Beatles. Go look it up.
    Merriweather Post Pavilion are three random words thrown together with 0 meaning
    Merriweather Post Pavilion is a concert venue in Virginia.
    and having nothing to do with an old optical illusion image from the internet with 2 colours changed and with the background replaced by a hue-screwed space image.
    Does it have to? To use another Beatles example, can you find even one gun on the cover of Revolver?
    Really, are you such a fanboy of this Animal Collective that you attempt to insult the Beatles?
    Way to miss the point.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Epic Guitar Hero battle

Sidenote: anyone know how to embed blip vids?
  • The album is not called The White Album. It's called The Beatles. Go look it up.
    The middle of 1968 saw the band busy recording the double album The Beatles, popularly known as The White Album because of its plain white cover.
    It is also called the White Album.
    Merriweather Post Pavilion is a concert venue in Virginia.
    Didn't know that. To me it looks like a bunch of random words especially at this moment in time.
    Way to miss the point.
    None to miss. You linked my insult concerning the cheap album art to a Beatles album cover.

Let me repeat myself once more. Simplicity does not equal cheap.
    Sidenote: anyone know how to embed blip vids?
    You can't as far as I know. I thought only Youtube and Vimeo worked.
  • Merriweather Post Pavilion is a concert venue in Virginia.
    I've been there. It's not bad.
  • edited November 2008
    It is also called the White Album.
    Not officially. The name didn't get tacked on by the public until after the release.
    Simplicity does not equal cheap.
    I wouldn't pull a contradiction over semantics considering you're the one who refused to argue the definition of "objective good".
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Merriweather Post Pavilion is in Maryland, where Animal Collective formed and I assume played a few of their first shows, not Virginia.
  • edited November 2008
    Ah, well, that east coast place is all the same. It's not like there's anything over there that matters. West coast is where it's at. Not as humid, either.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Ah, well, that east coast place is all the same. It's not like there's anything over there that matters. West coast is where it's at. Not as humid, either.
    Yeah, it's not like it's home to the U.S Capital or New York city or anything. I mean, the West Coast is much more important. That's where they film Laguna Beach.
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah, it's not like it's home to the U.S Capital or New York city or anything. I mean, the West Coast is much more important. That's where they filmLaguna Beach.
    You forget that it's Hollywood that makes the world go 'round.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • You forget that it's Hollywood that makes the world go 'round.
    Yeah...I bet...
  • Not to mention the west coast is where I live. Regarding importance, that should be enough for you people.
  • I got the new AIDS Wolf album today. So awesome.
  • edited November 2008
    Post edited by Neito on
  • 31 seconds after posting, above video is no longer available?
  • They had Embedding disabled by request.
  • edited November 2008
    They had Embedding disabled by request.
    I found you quick and informative response resolved my problem immediately. I sincerely appreciate you showing me this.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • you're the one who refused to argue the definition of "objective good".
    Eh, yes I did. I explained what I meant with it. I apologize if I cannot make something perfectly clear to you in my third language. You see, I'm not perfect.
  • edited November 2008
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Tomorrow, my vote is going to Lando Calrissian
    Why is the DC subway behind him in one of them? :P
  • @Tenhauser's video

DUDE the guy on the Right! He looks like the guy from Numb3rs! He's one of a few guys who looks bloody adorable and I may be able to pretend their penis is a strap on. <3

Which will be TMI for many of yous.
  • I'd believe it.
  • I saw this on Fark last night, it is epic.