This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Interesting, I should have kept up with that after I posted it. Admittedly, I was just going for the easy shot at people who seem to think the world is dying around them like some fucked up version of the Midas touch, but fair enough, I should have checked anyway.

Also, I've been to Beechworth. Nice town, but so dull that I can understand why they've kept telegrams there, it's so that people have something to fucking do other than sit around waiting to die.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I saw Weird Al preform at the Alameda County Fair today.
    It was pretty sweet.

Video not mine, but this was better than my view.
  • This is terrible and evil and inhuman and no one should do it and I'm considering doing it.
    I've been thinking about that for a while. The thing to do would be to set up some sort of script that would take that video and randomly create different copies at various lengths and filesizes, and combine that with some sort of CP file name generator (if such a thing exists), and upload them all to various different places over lots of different proxies. Spam the NSA basically. And it would be all legal too if you did it right. Unfortunately I have neither the motivation or technical know-how to setup such a thing.

• Yeah, because you totally want to get the NSA upset with you.
  • Hence me not trying to do it. I'll leave things like that to the Russian hackers.
  • If I ever emigrate from the US, it will be to here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niue
  • Yes. Because the President has nothing better to do than listen to a couple chit chatting.

Please, don't act like the US government spying on its citizens is a new thing.
  • Are we supposed to be okay with it because its old?
  • Are we supposed to be okay with it because its old?
    I'll respond with a rhetorical question: "Is posting a comic like the one you did on a board filled with people who are on your side going to get them to stop?"
  • Is that the point? I thought that it being funny was enough to warrant being a Thing of One's Day.
  • Is this a game of questions like from "Whose Line"?
  • Shall I respond with a question?
  • edited July 2013
    edit: never mind
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I can't remember what celebrity it was but they were upset about the Xbox One's online policies and tweeted something about it. A few hours later she was posting about how much she liked it, but it sounded so fake. I assume it was something similar where her manager was like yo they're paying you to talk about how good it is.
  • I'm going to see Video Games Live next Wednesday. This may make my year, thus far.

• Amazing control.
  • Man that video made me smile but I'm still bummed about Ryan Davis' passing. :(
  • Man, I haven't listened to them in over a year and I'm bummed about Ryan Davis' passing.
  • edited July 2013
    This was an accident
    Post edited by Ilmarinen on
  • edited July 2013
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • No matter how good someone is at beatboxing, I can't get past the fact that as an art form it hasn't progressed past the demonstration stage. In maybe 20 years it'll be mature enough for the skill itself not to have to overwhelm everything else about the performance.

As I was writing this, my girlfriend interrupted me to tell me same thing. "He starts with all of his techniques, and then remembers to be entertaining later."

Which is true. No guitar player starts EVERY gig with a straight demonstration of all their hardest and fastest techniques. NO, they get on with connecting with the audience emotionally first.

• A beatboxer without a rapper is a sheriff without a gun.