This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• A beatboxer without a rapper is a sheriff without a gun.
    Desirable to hardcore left-wingers?

• New cartoon courtesy of Cartoon Hangover (group that puts out Bravest Warriors).

I dare you not to smile at least once, you bitter folk. Yeah, I said it. Boom.

• I lasted 20 seconds. Dammit.
  • Jay-Z's mobile album app was asking for far more permissions than should be allowed. Hackers had some fun with that.
  • A beatboxer without a rapper is a gun without a sheriff.
  • The thing I don't get about beatboxing is how come it wasn't commonplace centuries ago?
  • edited July 2013
    Cause nobody in the past had swagger like us.

Also, I have discovered possibly the best star wars thing to ever exist.

Post edited by Churba on
  • My thoughts on this performance (beyond once you've demonstrated a skill, it's time to make us feel some other emotions, not just "Well, I can't do that.") -

Why wouldn't I just watch a Beardyman show instead? And then, of course, I did:

I don't want my response to any video or show be "He/she isn't as good as x!" where x = best in the world at that skill. But if all you do is a demonstration of skill, you need to make sure your audience thinks you are the best in the world at that skill for maximum effect. This show, as a live event, kinda works on that level, even though he is quite self deprecating. However, as a YouTube video it falls short. Way short. The only way people remain impressed is if they remain in ignorance, and ignorance is hard once the internet exists.

And so, I guess, it once again comes down to entertainment and making people feel emotion. Unless you are the best in the world, don't rely on that. Rely on making people feel something.

I say this as very much not the best juggler in the world.
  • Giant Bomb brought back an old shirt design, but with a subtle change. All proceeds go towards helping his family with funeral costs and such.
  • edited July 2013
    NSFW cause naked Amanda Palmer.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • That video was the first thing I ever saw by Amanda Palmer.
  • Giant Bomb brought back an old shirt design, but with a subtle change. All proceeds go towards helping his family with funeral costs and such.
    Page not found.
  • edited July 2013
    Giant Bomb brought back an old shirt design, but with a subtle change. All proceeds go towards helping his family with funeral costs and such.
    Page not found.
    Aw, shit, where'd it go? :(

It was a redesign of their old shirt that said "FUCK RYAN DAVIS". They made it into "FUCK, RYAN DAVIS".

EDIT: Image accompaniment.

Post edited by P_TOG on
  • http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/12/men-new-second-class-citizens/
    Now now, the work of feminism is only half done. Now we have to strip them of citizenship altogether.
  • http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/12/men-new-second-class-citizens/
    She is right about violence and the court. At least when it comes to restraining orders the woman ALWAYS gets it. I was in court a few weeks ago and watched a restraining order trial. The guy had a lawyer and placed considerable doubt over the woman's testimony yet the judge still granted it AND made it for a longer period than requested. What was really fucked up is that both parties were deaf and during the hearing it was made clear that the deaf community in CT is small and close knit. Which means a restraining order effectively locks this guy out of said community.

The woman had even let the guy fix the brakes on her car after the incident that prompted her to file for protection!
  • From the judges perspective, it's probably one of those things where it's easier to just give out the restraining orders aggressively.
  • edited July 2013
    From the judges perspective, it's probably one of those things where it's easier to just give out the restraining orders aggressively.
    FUCK "easier"! What about justice? What about fairness towards both parties?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • "http://" so good so far "www." a little outdated, but ok "foxnews.com" hmm, I'm dubious "/opinion" NOPE.
  • OH SHIT, THERE'S MORE!?!?!?!?
    On that note, at Anime Boston this year, I asked the retro gaming booth if I could buy a Gamecube handle without the Gamecube. Dude I asked had to check with his boss. It was a good day.
  • "http://" so good so far "www." a little outdated, but ok "foxnews.com" hmm, I'm dubious "/opinion" NOPE.
    I usually shut down when somebody starts arguing that one group or individual suffers more than another. Feels too much like a pissing contest.

• edited July 2013
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Cross posting from the concerts thread for exposure.

"Video Games Live tonight. If any of the Southern California FRCF want to hit it up, let me know. I still have some unclaimed tickets! "
  • OH SHIT, THERE'S MORE!?!?!?!?
    My coworker just gave me a look, because I'm drowning in a fit of giggles right now.
  • edited July 2013
    Cross posting from the concerts thread for exposure.

"Video Games Live tonight. If any of the Southern California FRCF want to hit it up, let me know. I still have some unclaimed tickets! "
    If not for lack of money and gas, I wold totally join you.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on