This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• So I'm making the family panel looking for an image of Shinji in Unit 01 when I find this:
  • That's really great omg
  • The Binding of Ikari?
  • edited August 2013
    This is a pretty interesting list of suggestions to improve the New York Subway.

I can't judge them all as good or bad, but there's quite a few really good ideas in there.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • This is a pretty interesting list of suggestions to improve the New York Subway.

I can't judge them all as good or bad, but there's quite a few really good ideas in there.
    Some of these are cool, simple, clever - and some are just plain dumb.
    "Full charge takes 2 minutes," oh really? While we're at it, why doesn't every MTA ride come with a free pony?
  • Vermin Supreme, next CEO of MTA.
  • edited August 2013
    Patent office tells Apple to get bent.

It's about time they grew a couple of balls.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • edited August 2013
    I'm guessing Samsung putting pressure on them was what pushed them.

After further thought, it could be the general scrutiny the case has caused.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • That and various courts around the world ruling against Apple and for Samsung when the opposite happens in the US in the past few years.
  • edited August 2013
    This is pretty much the best thing, you guys. Just pack up Doctor who, and pay whoever made this to sort out the new series.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2013
    Wait. What?! No, he can't be the new doctor. He played Caecilius in "The Fires of Pompeii".
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited August 2013
    Wait. What?! No, he can't be the new doctor. He played Caecilius in "The Fires of Pompeii".
    And he's also in Torchwood as a government official. So? I've been watching Dr Who since I was knee high, and let me tell you this - Weirder shit has happened.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2013
    And he's also in Torchwood as a government official.
    I knew he was in the Who-verse someplace else too!
    So? I've been watching Dr Who since I was knee high, and let me tell you this - Weirder shit has happened.
    But- But... CONTINUITY!
    EDIT: And he's OLD.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited August 2013
    HA. If you think this is the first time who has fucked with the continuity, you're mad. In fact, the only thing that's been consistent across the entire 40 year run is either continuity errors, or intentionally twisted continuity. The show is essentially a celebration of it, a temple to fucked up continuity.

We've had everything from varying numbers of hearts(First it was one, then two, then later came the explanation that the second grows after the first regeneration), Clothes changing with the regenerating body and then never happening again, the inconsistency of regeneration numbers(early on, he'd already regenerated at least eight times before, then he hadn't, then it was more, then less, and on one occasion, it was suggested that he could regenerate hundreds of times), Then the doctor was also the Watcher, then it was never spoken of again, Then he was half-human, then he wasn't, and then he was just tricking the master, then he was thousands of years old, then he was five hundred, then he was nine-hundred and change, then he was nine-hundred again, the Timelords, Tardises, Daleks, Cybermen, and Humans have all been re-written multiple times in contradictory ways, the doctor's history has been re-written in multiple ways.
    EDIT: And he's OLD.
    This is the expression on my face right now:

Post edited by Churba on
  • This is why I haven't seen the old doctor who series. I'm pretty sure my head would explode.
  • I was recently told that fans of the new who series are called nuvians while those who were classic fans are called truvians.
  • This is why I haven't seen the old doctor who series. I'm pretty sure my head would explode.
    The series is older than the pyramids and about time travel. Trying to maintain proper continuity on something like that would be just madness. Also back in the day blue-ray boxes with all seasons in them wasn't a thing and man's memory is short so only hard core fans would notice small breaks in continuity.

The series is older than the pyramids and about time travel. Trying to maintain proper continuity on something like that would be just madness. Also back in the day blue-ray boxes with all seasons in them wasn't a thing and man's memory is short so only hard core fans would notice small breaks in continuity.

Or that time they burned the old episodes thinking that they would not be relevant....
    The series is older than the pyramids and about time travel. Trying to maintain proper continuity on something like that would be just madness.
    While this is true, you're forgetting the most important factor regarding the series internal continuity - the show is 50 years old, and for about 40 of them, the BBC just straight up couldn't give a fuck.

• So I was helping my mom set up here classroom for the year and this appeared in a container of old Kid Pc Games (number muncher, reading blaster kinda games).
  • I don't think I'll even need to watch the new series of Dr Who with all of these knocking about.

• Probably not of too much relevance to anyone but I had an interview today with a promising startup. They do a lot of "big data" massive storage expansion type stuff. The interview is probably one of a couple but it went really well and I'm pretty stoked.
  • edited August 2013
    EDIT: Video fucked up.
    Post edited by Daikun on