This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Well, the X series just got EVEN CRAZIER.

• That looks exciting.
  • Today is thee last day to kickstart the WarMachine:Tactics game. $20 gets you a shit load of stuff in the game, and they're constantly adding more stuff the more donors they get.
  • I've not heard of this X series before but I must say that the above video has my interest.
  • edited August 2013
    That video tells you very little. The X series is fucking MENTAL. I have a ship to keep my ships on. Except for the ships that are too big for the ship that I keep ships on, which I have wandering the galaxy, making me money by trading shit.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Where should I begin my X odyssey, Sir DudeBro Churba?
  • edited August 2013
    I got the X Superbox last Christmas sale when they were giving out random shit but I traded it. Maybe I should've held onto it?
    Post edited by Pegu on
    In a FUCKING SPACESHIP. Now you're on your own, GO.

(Nah for serious, it has a vauge story thread going through that teaches you how to do a lot of the stuff. And This will tell you everything you need to know better and more concisely than I could. Also, play X3 if you're only going to buy one of them. Albion prelude preferably, but Terran Conflict and Reunion are fine too.)
    X3: Terran Conflict is the most recent X game I believe. All of them seem to go on sale fairly regularly. Terran Conflict is a little less grand than that video from what I've played. There's a lot of dead space in these games though so I find the games to be a bit dull after a bit.
  • In a FUCKING SPACESHIP. Now you're on your own, GO.

(Nah for serious, it has a vauge story thread going through that teaches you how to do a lot of the stuff. And This will tell you everything you need to know better and more concisely than I could. Also, play X3 if you're only going to buy one of them. Albion prelude preferably, but Terran Conflict and Reunion are fine too.)
    It'll be about a month'ish before I can get the scratch up for a game. New job is delaying pay for some wacky reason. Perhaps wait it out for the new one?
  • edited August 2013
    24/7 AI vs AI Mugen.
    http://saltybet.com/
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    X3: Terran Conflict is the most recent X game I believe. All of them seem to go on sale fairly regularly. Terran Conflict is a little less grand than that video from what I've played. There's a lot of dead space in these games though so I find the games to be a bit dull after a bit.
    That's because the video is of X Rebirth, not X3. Albion Prelude - the latest, released last year - is still SO fucking pretty, though.
    It'll be about a month'ish before I can get the scratch up for a game. New job is delaying pay for some wacky reason. Perhaps wait it out for the new one?
    If it doesn't go on sale on steam between now and November, when Rebirth comes out, then yeah, just go for rebirth.

• Yes I was wondering if they were going to add the ability to walk though stations. Hoping for some gun battles and some pirating. Scary as hell in X3 pirating in a small ship to then have a fleet jump in near you.
  • edited August 2013
    While it is nice to be able to skip commercials with your DVR, sometimes you just tend to skip little gems like these:

Post edited by Daikun on
  • Heh, I lol'd.
  • This popped onto my Youtube frontpage. I don't know if any of you knew this, but Luke is super good at juggling.
  • Luke Burrage's Pro Juggler 2013.
  • edited August 2013
    This popped onto my Youtube frontpage. I don't know if any of you knew this, but Luke is super good at juggling.
    At this particular type of juggling, I happen to be the second best juggler in the world. Or at least top three or four. Unfortunately the best at Fight Night 3 club combat (and any other kind of three club combat) is Jochen, who also lives here in Berlin. How good is he? Check out this list of all EJC Fight Nights finals:

EJC 2005 Ptuj, Slovenia:
    (3 way final)
    Malte Steinmetz - 3rd
    Luke Burrage - 2nd
    Jay Gilligan - Winner

EJC 2006 Millstreet, Ireland:
    Luke Burrage
    Jay Gilligan - Winner

EJC 2007 Athens, Greece:
    Luke Burrage
    Jochen Pfeiffer - Winner

EJC 2008 Karlsruhe, Germany:
    (3 way final)
    Mattis List
    Flo
    Jochen Pfeiffer - Winner

EJC 2009 Vittoria, Spain:
    Luke Burrage
    Jochen Pfeiffer - Winner

EJC 2010 Joensuu, Finland:
    Alexander Muller
    Jochen Pfeiffer - Winner

EJC 2011 Munich, Germany:
    Alexander Muller
    Jochen Pfeiffer - Winner

EJC 2012 Lublin, Poland:
    Alexander Muller
    Jochen Pfeiffer - Winner

EJC 2013 Toulouse, France:
    Luke Burrage
    Jochen Pfeiffer - Winner

Yup, Jochen has won 8 times in a row! I have a (roughly) 37/12 win/loss ratio at Fight Nights (not just those at the EJC), and from our calculations Jochen has a win/loss ratio of 31/1. It's fucking crazy how good he is.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • edited August 2013
    It appears you can now Rent your own arcade.

In other news, Who wants an $80 International Phone?
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • This may be old, but whatever. "DANNY, STAY ON YOUR BIKE!"
  • edited August 2013
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • edited August 2013
  • edited August 2013
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Damn Pegu beat me to it.
  • This is really good:

I started watching thinking it was going to be the same gag as I've seen many times before. And it was the same gag. But I watched all the way through to the end because it is the best I've seen this gag done in a loooooong time.
  • It is really good, but the most amusing thing to me is that I've seen it posted to Facebook four times today from four entirely separate groups of friends.