This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• My thing of the day is the Netflix Plugin for the 360 Dash. Works surprisingly well.

• The title of this video is "What if Starbucks Marketed Like a Church? A Parable."
  • Okay, REAL thing of the day:

Aquabats. Chicago. Saturday. $17.

Fuck yes.
  • edited November 2008
    Allow me to congratulate your impeccable taste in music with with a firm hand shake and and a hearty pat on the back. Well done, sir.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Aquabats. Chicago. Saturday. $17.
    Allow me to congratulate your impeccable taste in music with with a firm hand shake and and a hearty pat on the back. Well done, sir.
    Likewise, sir. Likewise.
  • edited November 2008
    Okay, REAL thing of the day:

Fuck yes.
    Lucky bastard.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Yeah, those were great times. Sacking the east corners, fuck yeah.
    Now there is a blast from the past. I used to play that lots in the past, I was there for the great Mall Tour of 06. I pretty much stopped playing it when Caiger Mall fell.
    I was in the Upper Left Corner. Did you know of it?
  • Half-Life 1 is now 10 years old and costs only 98 cents on Steam. Best value for a single dollar ever. If you have never played this game, buy it. Even though the graphics are outdated, it's still one of the best video games ever made.

Oh, and Black Mesa is also coming along mighty fine.
  • I was in the Upper Left Corner. Did you know of it?
    Of course I did! Those guys were hilarious. Whenever I found myself to be revived against my will, I would go to the ULC and watch the fountain flow and the ULC'ers be themselves, running their corner of the mall with a jolly good laugh. Unlike the three other corners who were emo-tastically concerned about their barricades being hit by a single zombie. I WANT THOSE DAYS BACK! D:
  • Ate the first two tamales of the season!
  • My AP maths teacher overheard me and my friend talking about old James Bond movies during his lecture, to which he said: "We'll see who needs a Quantum of Solace after the exams are over."
  • I just purchased this beautiful thing at the Canteen (store) at my work: Sharp Aquos 52" HDTV

I bought it for $1300, tax free, and it will be coming out of my paychecks in increments, interest fee. However, I plan to pay it off early.

I can't wait to try out Blu-Ray on this. SQUEE!
  • Oh, and Black Mesa is alsocoming along mighty fine.
    I want a rear view mirror!
  • edited November 2008
    Ate the first two tamales of the season!
    Yes! I had me some last week.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Ate the first two tamales of the season!
    Hot tamale? Hot hot tamale? Do you like tamale, hot hot tamale?
    I just listened to that thing for like 6 minutes
  • Weebl tunes tend to have that effect, yes.
  • I... I just saw rule 34... on Waffles.
    I just listened to that thing for like 6 minutes
    Same here, then I went and watched all the other new videos like that, Owls, Melons, then Waffles. WHY?!
  • edited November 2008
    I... I just saw rule 34... on Waffles.
    Well, they never claimed to be a high class website. ...Oh wait (NSFW).
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I... I just saw rule 34... on Waffles.
    Well, they never claimed to be a high class website. ...Oh wait (NSFW).
    "Here's a picture of a penis and it's wearing a hat!" AWESOME, never seen that one before. I only really watch the catchy repeating music videos. Magical Trevor is awesome. But yes, I know they're mature, I just did not expect waffles having sex.
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition waffles having sex. ;)
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition waffles having sex. ;)
    You broke my streak! I was singing along with the Melons song, but I burst out in laughter when I read that. I love these songs, so catchy, and the lyrics are awesome.

"Burn, burn the seeds away.
    Make my ass safe for today."
  • One of the new Animal Collective tunes leaked. It is amazing.
  • edited November 2008
    One of the new Animal Collective tunesleaked. It is amazing.
    That's a damn good track. I hate not having more to listen to, though. I'll hold off on these from now on until the entire album is released.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Sonic: "Tilde my ass."
  • So real life Thing of the Day. Saw the Daily Show live today, also walked around NYC a bit and checked out Midtown Comics, and Kinokuniya. As cool as Kinokuniya was, it would be so much better if I could actually read Japanese. And the Daily Show was pretty awesome, its over pretty quick but I'd say worth the wait in line.
  • Fuck if someone did this before, it's awesome as hell!
    I posted that on the last page, but yeah I doubt anyone has ever done anything like this before. It must have taken hours and hours and hours to set up. I can't help but thing they might have cheated a little bit though.
    I posted that on the last page, but yeah I doubt anyone has ever done anything like this before. It must have taken hours and hours and hours to set up. I can't help but thing they might have cheated a little bit though.
    I would say with about %90 certainty that they did. All those times the person on the bike looked to the side really fast for no apparent reason could be hiding some clever editing.
    I would say with about %90 certainty that they did. All those times the person on the bike looked to the side really fast for no apparent reason could be hiding some clever editing.
    Right. That's what I was thinking. Even if they didn't do it all in one run, it's still very impressive.