This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070918 - Team Fortress

13»

Comments

• Most health leached: 323

Thats my top in 1 round. Medics are fun :) you go get healed up, then when they turn away, stab them in the back :D
    Its like fighting Engineers, you heal up using their dispenser, take your time and destroy their SG, kill them, destroy any teleporters, then heal up again before destroying the dispenser :)
  • I saw a spy on my team in Hydro kill 4 guys in about 4 seconds, it was really amazing to watch. There were two heavys on the capture point, he back stabbed the medic healing one of them, then both heavys, then a soldier who was near the capture point.

I've noticed when guarding the int as an engineer that shooting a spy, although it causes them damage, doesn't reflect in the name tag that pops up when you look at them.

• I've noticed when guarding the int as an engineer that shooting a spy, although it causes them damage, doesn't reflect in the name tag that pops up when you look at them.
    No, it doesn't. However, if you press tab, you can see the names and classes of your teammates and figure it out. When not in the heat of action, I often press tab to keep tabs on what my team is up to. I check to see if we are heavy on a particular class or low on another, and I remember names to help detect spies.
  • Can't wait to play on the Xbox 360. If you get an enemy doctor to heal you while spying you get an achievement and bragging rights.

You make it sound so lame. :) Now I see why people laugh at achievements.

Don't get me wrong though. I'll be gunning for it.
  • Question: How fast can a spy uncloak, backstab a heavy and disguise as a heavy? I mean, if they can do so really damned quick they could trade places without the doc noticing XD
  • Question: How fast can a spy uncloak, backstab a heavy and disguise as a heavy? I mean, if they can do so really damned quick they could trade places without the doc noticing XD
    Yeah... that's highly unlikely. The spy sort of poofs smoke when he changes into a disguise, so it doesn't really work to disguise in front of an enemy. It happens when you are cloaked too oddly.
  • Why does everyone say, "shoot the medic first!"
  • Why does everyone say, "shoot the medic first!"
    So you have two enemies in front of you. One of them is a dangerous guy with a big gun that is going to kill you. The other guy is a doctor who is keeping the guy with the gun alive. If you shoot the guy being healed, he will kill you because the doctor is undoing your good works. If you kill the doctor first, who can't defend himself, then the guy with the gun will go down like a chump.
  • OK, that makes sense.

How fast can the medic heal people?
  • OK, that makes sense.

How fast can the medic heal people?
    Fast enough that if you attack the healee instead of the healer, you won't kill him before he kills you, no matter what class you play.

Seriously, shoot the goddamn medics first.
  • Fast enough that if you attack the healee instead of the healer, you won't kill him before he kills you, no matter what class you play.

I've noticed that some people are starting to double up the medics. You will have a medic healing a medic who is healing a heavy. It's a total bitch.
  • You will have a medic healing a medic who is healing a heavy. It's a total bitch.
    I've totally been doing that.
  • Fast enough that if you attack the healee instead of the healer, you won't kill him before he kills you, no matter what class you play.

I've noticed that some people are starting to double up the medics. You will have a medic healing a medic who is healing a heavy. It's a total bitch.
    Eh, in that case, you just take out the healer healer, then the healer, then the heavy.

Is it possible for two medics to heal the same guy?
  • You will have a medic healing a medic who is healing a heavy.What's past the last medic?
    Nothing.  It's medics all the way down.
  • Eh, in that case, you just take out the healer healer, then the healer, then the heavy.

Yeah. The issue is that the time it takes to kill both medics makes it almost impossible to do it without getting pegged by the heavy, at least with any decent heavy.
  • Eh, in that case, you just take out the healer healer, then the healer, then the heavy.

Yeah. The issue is that the time it takes to kill both medics makes it almost impossible to do it without getting pegged by the heavy, at least with any decent heavy.
    More than two medics gets silly because while a medic is healing, he is basically defenseless. He relies completely on the other players to kill anyone who tries to mess with him. The only other option is to stop healing and pull out the syringe gun. I've actually found that better than having a medic healing a medic, is simply to have someone like a soldier giving the medic some cover. Let the heavy shoot whatever is important, let the medic keep him alive, then have a pyro keep anyone from bashing the medic's brains in.
  • What if you have three healers walking in a circle formation healing each other? Can they then just walk into the enemy HQ and steal the flag?
  • What if you have three healers walking in a circle formation healing each other? Can they then just walk into the enemy HQ and steal the flag?
    No, that won't work very well. When you have the healing gun on someone, their max health actually increases as well as constantly being regenerated. So the heavy, IIRC, has a normal max health of 200, but while healed, it goes up to 300. Even if he takes two rocket hits and a shot from a sniper, he won't die from it, and he'll get healed right up while the enemies reload. The medic's max health is very low, even while being healed, it is still not nearly has high as the heavy. Even while being healed, if someone shoots him with a rocket while an engineer's turret is shooting him, he'll die. This will break the chain and they will all go down. It doesn't help that while a medic is healing, he can't shoot. So the enemies will all hit you with everything constantly.

While TF2 is much simpler than other TF games, and the fps skill cap is much lower than most other fpses, no team fortress game has ever been that dumb.
  • OK. Makes sense. What about having three medics on your team do this as a diversion?
  • OK. Makes sense. What about having three medics on your team do this as a diversion?
    If you need a 5 second diversion, go for it.
  • Going into the open as a medic is pretty much a death sentence. Even if you have another medic healing you, always stay behind some sort of cover (in most cases that cover is a huge ass heavy).
  • there is a linux port of cave story being made - as well as a DS and a PSP port...

I am in a cave story livejournal group (mainly to look at fan art/fan comic.) here:

http://community.livejournal.com/doukutsu/

there are links to the ports in the archive.