This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• Then again, TV Spots often get the most action packed and epic moments to pique interest in potential viewers.
    This is very true.
  • This movie looks way too srs bsns.
    Is that necessarily a bad thing?
    Yeah. It pretty much takes away 70% of what made Avatar good.
    Arguably. Don't get me wrong, the humor is top notch, but the action scenes and plot were a huge part of it for me.
  • For me, I think the one thing that will carry this film on is Dev Patel as Zuko because I couldn't have imagined a better choice for a live-action Zuko. I don't know what it is, but I feel that the decision to use Patel just makes sense.
    It also makes perfect sense that he's playing Matthew Patel.
  • For me, I think the one thing that will carry this film on is Dev Patel as Zuko because I couldn't have imagined a better choice for a live-action Zuko. I don't know what it is, but I feel that the decision to use Patel just makes sense.
    It also makes perfect sense that he's playing Matthew Patel.
    What are you talking about?
  • What are you talking about?
    Scott Pilgrim.
  • This looks pretty grim
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44143
    Eh, whatever. It's a test screening, and the guys complained about fish punching. I doubt they were fans in the first place, and I wouldn't take their comments TOO seriously.
  • Newest trailer is out.

I can not express how stoked I am. You could easily recognize so many parts from season 1 in there. Appa looks so cool. I'm geeking out over this trailer.
  • Ugh, are they shooting EVERYTHING in 3D now? Anyway, the movie looks like it's going to be pretty cool. Did I spy a Princess Yue?
  • Ugh, are they shooting EVERYTHING in 3D now? Anyway, the movie looks like it's going to be pretty cool. Did I spy a Princess Yue?
    It wasn't shot in 3D. It's after movie effects which makes it worse. So normal theater will be fine.

And yes, you saw Princess Yue. I'm pretty sure the first movie will pretty much be all of season 1.
  • edited April 2010
    Trilogy? I thought it would all be shoved into one movie. Well, that increases my hopes for coverage!
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Newest trailer is out.

I can not express how stoked I am. You could easily recognize so many parts from season 1 in there. Appa looks so cool. I'm geeking out over this trailer.
    Each trailer for this movie just makes it look better and better - I'm truly hoping that this will be a great movie. And you're right, Ro, all those moments you can so clearly recognize. For me though, the standout was when Aang was talking to the dragon - would that be Koh, I wonder?
  • edited April 2010
    Trilogy? I thought it would all be shoved into one movie. Well, that increased my hopes for coverage!
    That's the word on the street. There is no way they can do it with just one movie.

Oh mans, that was some awesome looking bending action in the movie.
    would that be Koh, I wonder?
    Could be. I was thinking it was Avatar Roku's dragon, Fang.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • This movie looks way too srs bsns.
  • Could be. I was thinking it was Avatar Roku's dragon, Fang.
    Ah that could be, I didn't think of that. The atmosphere just made me think of the Koh scene, though I'm sure we'll see.
    Wait wait, it's in 3D now? Odd...

Further research has shown that the 3D will be done by Stereo D, which worked on the 3D for Avatar. I have higher hopes for it now, but I'm still a bit skeptical. The movie itself looks fantastic, though. At the very least, they have the special effects down pat.
  • The bending looks pretty, the acting looks...Pretty okay. It does look like they're following things closely, which is good and bad. At this point, I will have to go see it, but I don't have super high hopes, but it will definitely be better than Dragon Ball Evolution.
  • edited April 2010
    ... but it will definitely be better than Dragon Ball Evolution.
    I have bits of fluff that live between my toes that are better than Dragon Ball Evolution.

P.S. The trailer looks awesome!!
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I can't wait for The Last Airbender. Gonna be there opening night with two dustbusters, in reverse, taped to my forearms so I can airbend.
  • edited April 2010
    If I were rich and had hardcore artsy friends, I would totally go cosplayed as Jaiksulli. I'm still going even if I don't mind you.
    Post edited by NerdcoreWannabe on
  • Do You Care About the 'Last Airbender' Casting Controversy?
    Does Paramount's approach to casting The Last Airbender bug you? Do you sympathize with the calls for a boycott? Will you participate?

Me, I don't really care. Certainly Paramount's approach was cynical, short-sighted and tacky. That's clear, and the point has been made. On the other hand, I think protesting the race of characters in a fantasy world reveals a single-minded focus on skin color that isn't productive. More than anything, though, I try not to let politics or personal issues having little to do with the quality of what's on the screen affect my choice of what movies to see. I don't boycott Roman Polanski's movies for his crimes, or John Travolta's, or Tom Cruise's for their participation in a cult whose practices I find morally objectionable. So too with The Last Airbender. I just hope it's good.
  • or John Travolta's, or Tom Cruise's for their participation in a cult whose practices I find morally objectionable.
    Well I do boycott their films, I do not want a single penny of mine to go Scientology.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2010
    or John Travolta's, or Tom Cruise's for their participation in a cult whose practices I find morally objectionable.
    Well I do boycott their films, I do not want a single penny of mine to go Scientology.
    That's one reason not to see Battlefield Earth. But another reason is that it is the worst movie put on celluloid and any person who sees it is a bad person. I wish I were exaggerating on that statement, but I'm really not.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • That's one reason not to see Battlefield Earth. But another reason is that it is the worst movie put on celluloid and any person who sees it is a bad person. I wish I were exaggerating on that statement, but I'm really not.
    I guess I won't add this to my queue then.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2010
    Oh my crap is this awesome! It's the box set I've always wanted. Plus the price slash is amazing, further proof of why everything is to be bought on Amazon at any given time.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Oh my crap isthisawesome! It's the box set I've always wanted. Plus the price slash is amazing, further proof of why everything is to be bought on Amazon at any given time.
    What makes it a collector's edition, though? There were already box sets of each season out before, why is this one any different?
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2010
    "packed with special features, an exclusive behind-the scenes documentary and a beautifully illustrated paperback book that provides a unique, insider’s view of the amazing designs, storyboards, paintings and animation."
    Unquote
    Not to mention the fact I'm really digging the box art design.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • All three seasons are up on Netflix's instant streaming by the way.
    "packed with special features, an exclusive behind-the scenes documentary and a beautifully illustrated paperback book that provides a unique, insider’s view of the amazing designs, storyboards, paintings and animation."
    Not to mention the fact I'm really digging the box art design.
    I totally missed that. Well, I know what I'm buying when it comes out.