This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

If you could have any car...

edited November 2007 in Everything Else
If you could have any car, fictional or real, what would you pick?

I would take KAR 120C from The Prisoner in an instant.

Comments

• yay smartcars!

I would have a flying car with an autopilot from Futurama. Who needs streets, anyways?
  • You have no idea how hard it is to answer this question.
  • You have no idea how hard it is to answer this question.
    Seconded. There are so many cars that would be awesome, both real and fake.
  • Here are some strong candidates.

• edited November 2007
    I saw this Lotus Elise today in my school parking lot. I damn near passed out...
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Some fool at my school has one of this.

It's hard to choose only one car, but I have always wanted one of this. ('68 Corvette)
  • The car I have right now. A 2007 Impala, it looks sharp for a "family car", it get good gas mileage (24mpg in my mostly city driving), the ride is smooth, the stereo kicks (aftermarket) and my family has plenty of room for trips. Oh, and at 6'6" I can fit behind the wheel.

If we are wishing I would say something like a Porche 959 so I could drive it once and sell it. I'm not really a car guy so I just go for practical.

Pure fantasy, Does the Guntank count as a car? If not Ironhide I choose you!
  • image image
    Does these count? I'll take either.
  • edited November 2007
    I've wanted a canary yellow Porche 911 since I was 6. I'd also take a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited November 2007
    image '38 Hearseimage '73 Ford Galaxie 500.image '07 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost
    Post edited by Shaun on
  • edited November 2007
    And I know someone is going to post the Death Star II just to be ironic.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I saw this Lotus Elise today in my school parking lot. I damn near passed out...
    Those new Elises are actually relatively cheap. I think the MSRP in the US is under $50,000. Cheaper than a Porsche. I would have gotten one if I didn't need actual trunk space, and if I didn't need to drive in snow.
  • The car version of the Akira bike.
  • I'm a little surprised no on has mentioned the bat mobile.
    edited November 2007
    By no means the prettiest car to ever emerge from the Pininfarina styling studio.
    LIES! The F50 = GOD! Damn you Jeremy.

My list of candidates:
    Ferrari F50 (Hardtop! No damned roofless spider.)
    Ferrari F40
    Morris Mini Cooper
    Fiat 500
    McLaren F1
    Bugatti Veyron
    Smart Roadster Only Smart worthy of having. The others are horrible and ugly, really really ugly. That's my little list, probably will expand when I come up with other worthy 4 wheeled vehicles.

@ Kiey: The Bat mobile can't turn corners. For real.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I'm a little surprised no on has mentioned the bat mobile.
    I WAS THINKING THAT WHEN I FIRST SAW THIS THREAD.
  • ... and if I didn't need to drive in snow.
    But you can drive faster in snow! If you crash, it will cushion your landing, cradling you LIKE A BABY.
    But you can drive faster in snow! If you crash, it will cushion your landing, cradling you LIKE A BABY.
    Um, the Lotus Elise doesn't weigh anything. Heavy cars good in snow, light cars terrible.
    That's good because you will be crying like a baby after wrecking the car!
  • No, the car will be fine too, the snow softened the blow, remember?
  • No, the car will be fine too, the snow softened the blow, remember?
    Snow walls do not soften blows. The car will still be a wreck.
  • If you could have any car, fictional or real, what would you pick?

I would takeKAR 120Cfrom The Prisoner in an instant.

Aaaahhh! the Lotus Caterham Seven :) lovely classic car I have seen a few before, amazing cars, but they look S**T scary to drive, for one think you are half the hight of any other car, and you have A LOT less to protect you if any other car doesn't see you.

As for the SMART car, its one of those cars where your knees are pretty much the crumple zone :/

Now, my choices

Need to have a Classic Jaguar E type (GT)
    A Classic Aston Martin DB5 James Bonds old car
    Lamborghini Reventón
    Aston Martin DB9 (or the V8 Vantage Roadster) pretty...
    Audi R8 (more links)
    "Elenore" Ford Mustang with "Elenore" body kit

And probably a few more...
    I'm telling you, if I win the lottery I'm going to take weeks to decide which to get first :D
  • Ah yes, Eleanor. Awesome movie. Oh, and the Nissan Skyline R34 which, imho, looks way better then the new R35. The one Scott loves/likes.

Hrm... the list of amazing cars is too big.
  • I already have the one i always wanted, now I just want to get my hands on the turbo version.
  • Ah yes, Eleanor. Awesome movie. Oh, and theNissan Skyline R34which, imho, looks way better then the new R35. The one Scott loves/likes.

Hrm... the list of amazing cars is too big.
    Actually, I like the R32 GT-R more.
  • @ Apreche, Steve, and Nineless: Way to go, guys. If that's the way it's gonna be.

• Serious cat! HEY! :D Welcome to the forums, let me show you around in a few minutes. But before that, Starfox, crash = wreck. And if you drive into something snowy making you crash then it is not soft snow and comparable to a brick wall. Unless of course you tried to be sarcastic, in which case I say, remember, the tubes are not made for sarcasm, only data and horse races.

@ Scott, but the nose! The R34 nose is amazing! It is what gives the car its arrogant look. The curvy nose of the R32 is just... tame.