This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hockey

Comments

• I can't wait for the Leafs to buy out Babcock's contract after 3 years.
  • Wait 2 goals in 3 shots, what the hell is going on in Florida?
  • Not defense, that's for sure.
  • There are so many Rangers fans in Tampa right now that you can hear "Let's go Rangers!" on a regular basis. The crowd cheers audibly when New York scores.

That doesn't happen at MSG.
  • You could also hear HEN-RIK! HEN-RIK! chants, as opposed to the usual Heeeeeenryyyyyyy you hear at away games.

Florida man can't afford to go to MSG.
  • Oh, they can. It's just that your average Floridian can't identify NY state on a map.
  • New York's a state?
  • Ruffas said:

New York's a state?

It's vestigial.

• Ducks scored 3 goals in 37 seconds to change a 1-3 game to 4-3. Only the SECOND fastest three goal spree in Stanley Cup Playoff history.
  • Apreche said:

Ducks scored 3 goals in 37 seconds to change a 1-3 game to 4-3. Only the SECOND fastest three goal spree in Stanley Cup Playoff history.

A goal every 12 seconds was only the second fastest.

This game is fucking nuts. And not it's hard OT.

• And OT is over.
  • God that game felt long. And Duncan Keith is possibly a robot, given how long he seems to be able to play.
  • Always count on the Hawks to go into overtime.
  • I adore how the Rangers can totally outplay the other team in the first period and then totally collapse halfway through the second. It's truly amazing.
  • We've got an Invasion of the Body Snatchers pod people situation going on. Those were not the Rangers that played two days ago.
  • Rangers are back. I think they're just allergic to leading series before game 7.
  • http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/5/27/8667203/donald-brashear-hockey-sticks

Brashear is supposedly making high quality hockey sticks for a fraction of the price.

I wonder if there is other markets where this business model can work. Golf clubs are crazy expensive. Could you manufacture high quality golf clubs that are also cheap? Could we make GPUs that cost half of what NVidia cards cost?
  • Blackhawks are channeling the spirit of the Rangers tonight.

Time for two game sevens...
  • The Blackhawks could win.

Or these motherfuckers.
  • Anaheim should have won this series already. 3OT loss in Game 2, 2OT loss in Game 4, OT win in Game 5 (after the Blackhawks tied the game with the goalie pulled).

Just win Game 7.
  • Rym said:

Time for two game sevens...

More like game 9.
  • For the Ducks did so love their fans that they gave us untold amounts of bonus Hockey; and the ghost of Lord Stanley did smile.
  • Dromaro said:

For the Ducks did so love their fans that they gave us untold amounts of bonus Hockey; and the ghost of Lord Stanley did smile.

For Lord Stanley came down from the mountain and he sayeth, let the original six play and save the holy game, but make it as dramatic as possible for more ticket sales.
  • I said it once in Massachusetts, I'll say it again.
    Go Hawks.
  • PyreKing said:

Anaheim should have won this series already. 3OT loss in Game 2, 2OT loss in Game 4, OT win in Game 5 (after the Blackhawks tied the game with the goalie pulled).

Just win Game 7.

Anaheim didn't adapt. The Hawks did. The Hawks fucking destroyed them in game 6.

The Hawks and the Rangers are both adapting rapidly to their opponents each series, something I don't see happening as fast or effectively with the Ducks or the Lightning.

Anaheim held out in the early games, figured out how to advance, and then hit back like the hammer fist of an angry hockey god.

I predict a Hawks/Rangers final.
  • Rym said:

Anaheim didn't adapt. The Hawks did. The Hawks fucking destroyed them in game 6.

The Hawks and the Rangers are both adapting rapidly to their opponents each series, something I don't see happening as fast or effectively with the Ducks or the Lightning.

Anaheim held out in the early games, figured out how to advance, and then hit back like the hammer fist of an angry hockey god.

I predict a Hawks/Rangers final.

Anaheim had an amazing 3rd period in Game 6. I thought they were going to tie the game, but then Andrew Shaw put it away for good.

I don't feel amazing about the Ducks' chances in Game 7, but anything can happen. Frederik Anderson needs a monster game.

Same with the Lightning. Ben Bishop needs to play a lot better in order to win the series against New York.