This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

OMG GIANTS IN SUPER BOWL

13»

Comments

• TICKER TAPES!
  • This whole season has kinda rekindled my interests in following football.
  • The first half of the game was boring, but the second half was amazing! Now if only one of my teams (Ravens, Chargers, and Bucaneers) can get into the Super Bowl next year.
  • The first half of the game was boring, but the second half was amazing! Now if only one of my teams (Ravens, Chargers, and Bucaneers) can get into the Super Bowl next year.
    It wasn't boring if you were a fan. I was on the seat's edge from the kickoff.
  • I'm pretty sure Favre possessed Eli for that one play.
    I don't get how our line didn't smother him during that play. What the hell. They had him.
    I don't get how our line didn't smother him during that play. What the hell. They had him.
    They ALMOST had him. ALMOST.
    They ALMOST had him. ALMOST.
  • edited February 2008
    F
    Post edited by laik on
  • Watched the game last night with a couple of mates. Glad to see that it kicked off at a decent time, I was in bed by 3.30.
    Thought the game was awesome, best Super Bowl I have seen (only started watching them 5 years ago) I didn't really care who won to be honest but that play by Manning was a right "Oi" moment and deserved to be the play that led to the winning points.
    The Giants defense won them the match, it is true what they say, good attack wins matches but good defense wins championships.
    Still American Football is no Rugby League no matter what the American guy in the BBC studio says.
  • The Giants defense won them the match, it is true what they say, good attack wins matches but good defense wins championships.
    Game. Won them the game.

The Giants deserved to win against the Cowboys, the Pack, and the Patriots. They played well. On another note, are the Patriots better than the '72 Dolphins? They were 18-0. The Dolphins won the Super Bowl, but it was only 17 games.
  • edited February 2008
    On another note, are the Patriots better than the '72 Dolphins? They were 18-0. The Dolphins won the Super Bowl, but it was only 17 games.
    This is something thats entirely up for debate, and I don't think there's any real definitive answer. For me personally, I have to favor the Dolphins. They had a 100% win percentage, and while the Pats did have more wins, they didn't go 100%. Plus, the Dolphins won the championship making them the best team of the year, a title the Pats cannot claim this year.
    Post edited by edifolco25 on
  • I'm with Edifolco25, the regular season is the regular season. If you don't win the Super Bowl it means a lot less, there's a reason it's the SUPER bowl.
  • The Dolphins had the easiest regular season schedule of any Super Bowl team. They played only two teams over .500, which were 8-6 each, and NO playoff teams.
  • edited February 2008
    I live in Rhode Island, and now three guys at work owe me money. Thank you Giants.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Sigh.

California doesn't really have any good sports teams. Besides, we just borrowed all of ours from the east coast anyway. We should just start importing players from Mexico and train for World Cup soccer or something.
  • Sigh.

California doesn't really have any good sports teams. Besides, we just borrowed all of ours from the east coast anyway. We should just start importing players from Mexico and train for World Cup soccer or something.
    You guys have the Chargers! They are a great team! Maryland doesn't have any good teams! We have the Ravens, who has sucked almost every year since the Super Bowl win, and the Orioles, who haven't won a World Series or have even been in the running since the 70's!
  • Meh. Southern California. As far as we're concerned, it's another state.

Maryland can't complain, not being the largest state in the union. =P
  • Meh. Southern California. As far as we're concerned, it's another state.

Maryland can't complain, not being the largest state in the union. =P
    ...ouch...