This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What's up lurkers?

Comments

• and reading the Haruhi novels.
    Ga#%@&;#! I need to remember to start reading that!

On the topic of canes, they are indeed neat. To Scott, what about a Tesla coil in the cane instead of a sword?

As for what I was doing (I even had the FRC forums tab closed! WOOT!), I was messing with Dwarf Fortress. Minted my first iron coins. After giving up on trying to dam in a brook. More pumps because more!
    So for anyone reading Questionable Content, how are you liking the current story arc so far? I really enjoyed the week with Faye and her "shenanigans". Everyone of episodes made me giggle. I especially loved the letter from Hanners. ^^
    It's weird o.o... This is the first story arc I've been reading about Questionable Content, I never read it, but must say it's very easy to get interested in it. Crazy stuff. Just like Hanners.
  • edited March 2008
    So, if we really are headed for another Great Depression (as some of the more alarmist financial reports are saying), does that mean fedoras will come back into style?

I could get used to that. Fedoras I mean, not the cripplingly depressed economics.
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
  • I'm in Florida all week and won't be around at all. Enjoy being bored without my lulz.
  • So, if we really are headed for another Great Depression (as some of the more alarmist financial reports are saying), does that mean fedoras will come back into style?
    Nothing will bring Red Hat back into style.

-rimshot
  • Nothing will bring Red Hat back into style.

-rimshot
    RYM! That could've been so much better! What a complete and utter waste of potential hilarity and abuse of wordplay.
  • edited March 2008
    So, if we really are headed for another Great Depression (as some of the more alarmist financial reports are saying), does that mean fedoras will come back into style?
    I wear a fedora every day.
    I can totally see Joe as a lawyer version of House.
    Now I need to watch House. I've never seen it before. I've seen many things in which Hugh Laurie has played some part, but I've never seen House.
    All canes must house secret swords, poison gas, or both.
    There was a big deal the other day about someone trying to get a sword cane into court. The security-types got all upset.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited March 2008
    All canes must house secret swords,
    YES!
    poison gas, or both.
    NO!

I could get used to that. Fedoras I mean, not the cripplingly depressed economics.
    In my opinion fedoras are the hottest hat ever made. A guy in a fedora is a weakness for me. *blush*
    Post edited by Viga on
  • House is good stuff. The plot of each episode is basically the same (OMG CRAZY MEDICAL MYSTERY!!!11!!1) but the characters are interesting and well-developed, and the show deals a lot with questions of ethics in medicine and all that jazz. Really enjoyable.
  • In my opinion fedoras are the hottest hat ever made. A guy in a fedora is a weakness for me. *blush*
    Tempting. Somebody, put on a fedora, snap a picture and make Viga resistant to men with fedora's.

Also, dinner, as in the late one in the evening. Not the lunch dinner.
  • I see people with weird hats, but I honestly have no idea where to get those hats. Do haberdashers still exist? There must be one in the city somewhere. There's that hat store in the mall next to Otakon. I guess the Internet also has them, but I need to find my hat size first. If someone asked me to get a non-baseball hat, I would have a hard time.
  • Try this cane on for size.
  • edited March 2008
    Houseis good stuff. The plot of each episode is basically the same (OMG CRAZY MEDICAL MYSTERY!!!11!!1) but the characters are interesting and well-developed, and the show deals a lot with questions of ethics in medicine and all that jazz. Really enjoyable.
    I tried a recent episode over a friends house. I'm into it now.
    In my opinion fedoras are the hottest hat ever made. A guy in a fedora is a weakness for me. *blush*
    Tempting. Somebody, put on a fedora, snap a picture and make Viga resistant to men with fedora's.
    Wont work. It might magnify it even more depending on the guy.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • This is the hat I wear everyday, except mine is black.
  • edited March 2008
    Thisis the hat I wear everyday, except mine is black.
    Do you wear a zoot suit to go along with it? That would be pretty pimp to see.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited March 2008
    Thisis the hat I wear everyday, except mine is black.
    Do you wear a zoot suit to go along with it? That would be pretty pimp to see.
    I wear regular suits, but I usually wear a black trenchcoat when I'm outside.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I have an Indianna Jones style fedora, that my dad gave me.

Sadly, I do not have courage to wear it in public.
  • Thisis the hat I wear everyday, except mine is black.
    Spiffy.
  • I have an Indianna Jones style fedora, that my dad gave me.

Sadly, I do not have courage to wear it in public.
    Why? Many people wear hats here. Even a regular hat will do wonders for keeping you warm in the winter.
  • Sadly, I do not have courage to wear it in public.
    I wore a leather Australian drover's hat for the majority of my freshman and much of my sophomore years in college. I stopped wearing it only when it shrunk to the point that it no longer fit on my head.

I loved that hat.
  • I'd just like to chime in on the original post. I have a hard time judging how active the forums are due to differences in time zones, which means that most people are posting in America at some ungodly hour of the morning here.
  • Thisis the hat I wear everyday, except mine is black.
    Neat. You don't see people with hats here sadly. Good to know there's an entire internet store dedicated to Fedoras and the like.
    Wont work. It might magnify it even more depending on the guy.
    Damn... Even if said nutjob be me?
  • Even a regular hat will do wonders for keeping you warm in the winter.
    We don't get much winter in Texas.

Before that I lived in Arizona, where they get even less winter.
  • edited March 2008
    *deleted* meant to be a whisper!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited March 2008
    We don't have winter at all down here its either raining or sunny.

I wear beanies, but some people don't consider those hats, I'd love a fedora though.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • I too own a fedora, it is an Indiana Jones fedora (it actually has the logo inside the hat) and I wear it whenever it matches what I am wearing, which is quite often.
  • I have, in the past, thought about buying a straw fedora for its caribbean stylings. As soon as it warms up, I believe I'll have to make an impulse purchase.
  • I have, in the past, thought about buying a straw fedora for its caribbean stylings. As soon as it warms up, I believe I'll have to make an impulse purchase.
    Wait, if you're planning it, is it still an impulse purchase?
  • I took the first half of my shift off today, had to wait for UPS to show up with my TV.

Took me about 20 minutes to take out the old one and put the new one into the A/V cabinet. Did some re-wiring. Since the new TV has so many inputs I was able to plug all my video gear into it and run an audio cable to the amp. No more using the amp for DVD/Wii/Sat/TV switching. It's all through the TV now. This makes my wife happy.

Picture is very nice though now I notice how poor the Wii graphics are. I'm keeping my eyes open for a cheap HD-DVD player until I save enough to get a PS3 or Blu-ray player. The DVD player I have now is on its last legs. Last night I had to plug my laptop into the TV to finish watching a Netflix movie. The DVD player kept skipping and locking up. If I can find a decent HD-DVD player for under $100 I'll buy it. If I can't I can probably get a P-Scan DVD player for under $30.

On my list of things to do is calling my sat company (and the competitor) and working out a free HD upgrade. It is so nice not seeing fuzzy corners and the occasional wavy line on my TV.
  • Looks like the new Crystal Chronicles is not worth the investment. Bummer. But thanks for the heads up.
  • jccjcc
    edited March 2008
    So for anyone reading Questionable Content, how are you liking the current story arc so far? I really enjoyed the week with Faye and her "shenanigans". Everyone of episodes made me giggle. I especially loved the letter from Hanners. ^^
    My bias against hipsters prevents me from enjoying this comic to its fullest. :/ Sometimes it has interesting story, but then I get distracted with thoughts of, "Why is this comic about a guitar? Why is everyone so fashionably dressed? Was that irony???" Really the only characters I end up consistently enjoying are the robots.
    We don't get much winter in Texas.

Before that I lived in Arizona, where they get even less winter.
    Hats are also very useful for keeping the devil sun from burning one's face off. :) That's what I often use them for. Much more convenient than sunblock, I've found.
    Post edited by jcc on