This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080318 - Professor Layton

Comments

• Nine is probably going to bitch at Yupa in this thread as well.
  • Nine is probably going to bitch at Yupa in this thread as well.
    Well, it's kinda hard to bitch at someone who hasn't posted, and I'm not going to waste time on Jack.
  • edited September 2009
    Yupa has an image without a new line before text, I do remember you complaining about that one before. I'm not sure what you mean by that last post though. You blocked him?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Layton 3 slated for this fall. Layton's Twitter account is also a good place to find puzzles in the meantime.
  • Layton 3 slated for this fall.
    Still not fast enough.
    Layton's Twitter account is also a good place to find puzzles in the meantime.
    Indeed. They are fun to participate in.

On another note. The movie was released a while ago. Does anyone know if it's been fansubbed? If so, where?
  • On another note. The movie was released a while ago. Does anyone know if it's been fansubbed? If so, where?
    Yeah it was released, in theaters, only a month ago. I can't read runes so I don't know when the DVD's will be released.
  • I can't read runes so I don't know when the DVD's will be released.
    Why not?! I expect more from you. I am disappoint.
  • Why not?! I expect more from you. I am disappoint.
    Because I have no space to learn runes alongside the half dozen other languages I've learned. D: Also, I didn't bother digging deep, only Wikipedia.
  • ... alongside the half dozen other languages I've learned.
    Half a dozen? I am impressed, I only know four languages: English, French, Badass, and Womanese.
  • Half a dozen? I am impressed, I only know four languages: English, French, Badass, and Womanese.
    Do note, I said 'learned', not know. I only know Dutch and English. Knowledge from the other five has withered and is largely useless.

Question, can a man learn this 'Womanese'? And will he actually understand women then? Or will he still feel all "WTF ARE THESE WENCHES TALKIN' ABOOT?"
  • "WTF ARE THESE WENCHES TALKIN' ABOOT?"
    Apparently, Canadian is one of those other five.
  • Apparently, Canadian is one of those other five.
    HEY! I didn't say 'eh'.
  • Question, can a man learn this 'Womanese'? And will he actually understand women then? Or will he still feel all "WTF ARE THESE WENCHES TALKIN' ABOOT?"
    The only way I know of is that you can get hormone injections, and even then you will have a shallow vocabulary and speak it with a funny accent. :p
  • The only way I know of is that you can get hormone injections, and even then you will have a shallow vocabulary and speak it with a funny accent. :p
    Maybe only tangentially related, but the episode of This American Life about testosterone was amazing and enlightening.
  • The only way I know of is that you can get hormone injections, and even then you will have a shallow vocabulary and speak it with a funny accent. :p
    Fuck it, that's too much work. I'll just request translations on the spot then.
    Fuck it, that's too much work. I'll just request translations on the spot then.
    Unfortunately there is no one with the ability to translate.
  • The Layton movie is going to get a legitimate Western release. Straight to DVD, but that is better than nothing!!
  • Professor Layton and the Unwound Future/Lost Future comes out next month, 09/12/10. Fuck yeah!
  • Unwound Future is pretty awesome! I'm almost done with it.

But that's not what this post is about. This post is about how you can watch the movie, Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, on YouTube. And it's dubbed with the actual English (UK) cast! Since there isn't any word about a US release, this is a great way to watch the film if you don't have a DVD player that can play Region-2 DVDs.
  • I saw that yesterday, and it made me happier than any webcomic has in a long, long time. Awkward Zombie has definitely been on the rise lately, very much enjoying watching it grow.

Also, the look on Layton's face in the last panel.
  • Also, the look on Layton's face in the last panel.
    I feel it's an homage to the Batman slapping Robin panel.

Layton's apprentice was the one who got struck this time. :P
  • That is some fine web-comicry.
  • edited September 2011
    I want to see the cute fat hamster solve the puzzle.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • fan-tas-tic.

So in other news, new Professor Layton game is less than a month away. Anybody getting? I still have not played the third one, but my wife devours these games so I pre-ordered us a copy.
  • fan-tas-tic.

So in other news, new Professor Layton game is less than a month away. Anybody getting? I still have not played the third one, but my wife devours these games so I pre-ordered us a copy.
    Is it DS or 3DS?
  • Is it DS or 3DS?
    DS release. Professory Layton and the Last Specter/Specter's Call.

Yes, I will definitely be getting it. October 17th! Woohoo!

• Want this now!
  • Level 5 to put an exclusive game for iOS.

LAYTON BROTHERS: MYSTERY ROOM* (Spoilers):LEVEL-5 has announced that this title will put a new spin on the Professor Layton universe with crime-scene mystery style gameplay starring the intuitive son of Hershel Layton. The title is scheduled to be released on the iOS platform.

However, it says *Project titles tentative. All information pertains only to the Japanese release; there are no plans for release outside of Japan at this time All titles are the exclusive property of LEVEL-5 Inc. unless otherwise noted.

So I guess we shall see.
  • I'm barely halfway through Last Specter. I'm almost tempted to just drop the game because it doesn't have me as interested as the previous games.

Has anyone finished Last Specter? Did you enjoy it? How did it hold up vs. the other games?

I'm just seeing if I should finish this game before Miracle Mask comes out in 2 weeks.