This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080318 - Professor Layton

13»

Comments

• I'm barely halfway through Last Specter. I'm almost tempted to just drop the game because it doesn't have me as interested as the previous games.

Has anyone finished Last Specter? Did you enjoy it? How did it hold up vs. the other games?

I'm just seeing if I should finish this game before Miracle Mask comes out in 2 weeks.
    I almost couldn't remember if I had finished it, but I did. I remember the ending and what the specter is.

Really I don't give a shit about the Layton plots, only the puzzles. The puzzles in specter were not so good. I liked the first Layton the most because they had more interactive and creative puzzles. The others were very lazy just asking you to input numbers. I am slightly interested in the 3DS one because I imagine they will put extra effort into making puzzles that utilize 3D.
  • I will say that I like how Inspector Grosky is in there. He's hilarious. Just as crazy as he is in the movie, Eternal Diva.
  • I will say that I like how Inspector Grosky is in there. He's hilarious. Just as crazy as he is in the movie, Eternal Diva.
    Still haven't watched the movie.
  • It's alright. It's not great. I showed it on a recent movie night as one of my choices. Two of my friends, who have played the Layton games, enjoyed it for how silly it is and were saying how they wanted to tap various parts of the TV screen in hopes to find Hint Coins.

It's worth a watch. I got the DVD and it's dubbed, but the voice of Luke is the UK voice actor and not the American Actor.
  • I watched the movie. I believe I geekBited it. I could watch it again so we can do a proper review.
  • I am behind on the Laytons. I only played Unwound Future this summer. My wife steamrolls them the moment they come out, so Last Spectre has been sitting on the shelf for a while, but now I'm tempted to just skip it and play Miracle Mask as soon as it comes in (it's already pre-ordered).
  • Is there a 3DS emulator out there somewhere?
  • edited October 2012
    Is there a 3DS emulator out there somewhere?
    Yes, it's called the 3DS XL, it has 100% compatibility.

Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • Is there a 3DS emulator out there somewhere?
    Yes, it's called the 3DS XL, it has 100% compatibility.
    It's the best on the market, from what I hear.
  • edited October 2012
    Is there a 3DS emulator out there somewhere?
    What you need to do is join up with Rym or some other friends and split the 3DS & Layton a few ways, then all take turns playing.

You know. Cause those things always work out great.

Post edited by Matt on
  • I hope this guy becomes a meme

• Buy Layton before Jan 6th 2013, register with Club Nintendo, get free copy of Donkey Kong: Original Edition "a special version of Donkey Kong with content never before seen in the U.S. and is not available for purchase."

Details here.
  • It's the digital copy only, right? I saw that news on my via DS notifications. It also applies to the Paper Mario game too, iirc.
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Style Savvy: Trendsetters, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Art Academy, and Crossword Plus. Yeah, digital game.