This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Team Fortress 2

Comments

• I'm having quite a fun time healing Jason while we kill Neito to a bloody pulp.
  • Best part of the rush of new players? A whole lot of soldiers who don't know what Backblast is. I got some mad reflects just now.
  • I'm having quite a fun time healing Jason while we kill Neito to a bloody pulp.
    WE KEELED HIM DED, SIR.
    WE KEELED HIM DED, SIR.
    Hey, I got a Domination on Ro a few times, and a good number of Revenge kills on you. :P

You know, looking at it, a public TF2 server is only 1.24 a slot if we buy one from GameServers.com, and 79 cents a slot of we turn it into an ivory tower always have a password on. And I talked to a guy there, who said he thinks we could make it Vanilla TF2 only, if Rym wanted to anoint us with his presence.
  • Best part of the rush of new players? A whole lot of soldiers who don't know what Backblast is. I got some mad reflects just now.
    Sad fact: as someone who loves to play Pyro, NOBODY gets the compression blast. The number of people I force into easily avoidable environmental deaths on PL_Thunder_Mountain and KOTH_Sawmill is depressing.
  • Neito - Oh I get it. If you get compressioned enough, you learn, trust me. Keep doing it until they learn.
  • Man, when I'm playing, none of y'all are playing, and when you are, I'm not. I must correct this.
  • Okay, has TF2 become the offical sport of Bronies now? I've seen no less than 45 pony sprays today.
  • Okay, has TF2 become the offical sport of Bronies now? I've seen no less than 45 pony sprays today.
    Someone made a pack of sprays that are pretty high quality. I use the flying Rainbow Dash in CS:Source. Wish someone would convert to HL1 style sprays so I could use in NS1.
  • Someone made a pack of sprays that are pretty high quality. I use the flying Rainbow Dash in CS:Source. Wish someone would convert to HL1 style sprays so I could use in NS1.
    They are indeed pretty high quality. My favorite so far -
  • So, I think I guess I'm decent at the Heavy, but I'm not very good at anything else. That was a good few hours spent playing. I'm not at a level to play with you all, but I'll be there someday.
  • I'm not at a level to play with you all, but I'll be there someday.
    Lies! I'm more than half terrible, and I still get along okay - anyway, there is the offline mode and many, many servers full of tasty, tasty newbies to get your practice on with.

And don't worry too much about dying - If you're running out of ammo, chances are you're doing really well at keeping alive.
  • I've got nothing to do today but practice Hat Fortress 2. Though, now I have a burst of confidence since I constantly run out of ammo, so maybe I should start playing with you all? If you guys will have me.
  • I've got nothing to do today but practice Hat Fortress 2. Though, now I have a burst of confidence since I constantly run out of ammo, so maybe I should start playing with you all? If you guys will have me.
    Hell yeah, I'll play with you. I just added you on steam.
  • I will play with you in about 2 hours. I need to go mow the lawn. :)
  • So, I think I guess I'm decent at the Heavy, but I'm not very good at anything else. That was a good few hours spent playing. I'm not at a level to play with you all, but I'll be there someday.
    I'm pretty shit at the game. It's all about finding a class you have fun with, and a class you're decent enough with.
  • Yeah, for me that Scout and Pyro respectively. I have never been able to do some of the crazy scout murderfests I see on occasion, but I love the freedom the mobility of the scout offers. When it comes down to really wanting to win, though, the Pyro comes out and it`s degreaser, flaregun and axetinguiser all the way to the bank.
  • but I love the freedom the mobility of the scout offers.
    Atomizer + Force-a-Nature. QUADRUPLE. JUMPS.
  • What are people liking for maps? While 2Fort is nice, I prefer the unidirectional maps like Dustbowl and the Payload maps.
  • edited June 2011
    What are people liking for maps? While 2Fort is nice, I prefer the unidirectional maps like Dustbowl and the Payload maps.
    I've not seen 2Fort come up in a map rotation yet, to be honest. In fact, the only place I have seen it lately is the load screen. Either I'm playing on the right servers for map variation, or it's just fallen out of favor.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • That's more to do with there being so many servers that are 2Fort and 2Fort only.
  • That's more to do with there being so many servers that are 2Fort and 2Fort only.
    So either do or don't play on those servers.
  • I've only been playing payload, but of the maps for it that I've played, there's one where you're pushing the bomb uP what amounts to a spiral. That one is awesome, though i wish I could have been on the offense more on that map.

Also, TF2 break time. Willing to play with anyone in an hour or so. (jbjosh/jukeboxjosh on steam)
  • Also, TF2 break time. Willing to play with anyone in an hour or so. (jbjosh/jukeboxjosh on steam)
    Ditto that, time for a stretch, a smoke, and a cuppa.
  • Is there a FRC server?
  • edited June 2011
    Is there a FRC server?
    Not yet, but Neito, JBJ and I were playing on the same server for a while, which is the option for the moment. I have a good server(that I play on, obviously, not own or run) which is usually pretty empty about this time, too.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2011
    Nevermind, I fixed my problem.
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • edited June 2011
    How do I join other GeekNights group members in a TF2 game? It's not giving me the option when I go to the member list. :(

It seems I can join games with people from the pop-up friends list, but the GeekNights group won't display in that because it's so big. Wtf.
    If you have other GN people as friends, right click and choose Join Game. You should also be able to go to community, click Groups -> GeekNights and see who's in-game right now, and they should have a "Join Game" link there.

I'm also going to see how much of a sadomasochistic pain in the ass setting up my own server is going to be.

(The server I'm on has some fun, and some good, maps, so we should be able to start off with a nice rotation, if/when I set that up)
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Thanks, Neito. At the moment I looked, there were people playing TF2, but no one was in a game, so there was no join button. That threw me for a loop! But after refreshing, I found it. Herp derp.

Man. I am so bad at this game. But to its credit, that does not stop it from being fun.