This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Team Fortress 2

1313233343537»

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Navigating a jump map... as a pyro.

Maybe a bit of explanation for those not in the know: There are specific maps to train rocket and sticky jumping as a Soldier or Demoman. They are mazes which require a lot of air navigation, air strafing etc. This guy got himself two Soldier friends and beats a jump Map by reflecting their rockets at his feet.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Oh yeah, and the bread that is being spawned by teleporting has broken the best map in the game: pl_upward. If a bread spawned by a teleport falls into the pit on the last checkpoint, it counts as a capture. And that is bread spawned by any teams teleporter.
  • Paraphrase for simplicity, but taken from the reddit thread:

"Oh hey, Ashley Birch is voicing Miss Pauling. I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony Birch is involved in the writing."
    "I would be, because it's not shit."
  • I knew her voice sounded familiar.
  • Very disappointed in Valve today. During the big updated last week they did something reasonable which should have been done ages ago: They nerfed the Demos sticky Launcher. They added a damage ramp in which the stickies do half damage if they are detonated immediately, and gradually increase to full damage after 2 seconds. This would make the common spamming tactic from demomen less useful and make Sticky bombs more into a trap weapon.

And the internet bitched and complained like mad about it. Valve reversed the changes now, giving the Demoman a 2nd primary again. Sigh.
  • This post comes to you in two points:

1) I've been playing TF2 off-and-on a since it came out almost a decade ago. It is still one of my all-time favorite games. However, I think with the last update I fear the game has committed suicide.

Due to the popularity of Overwatch, Valve has finally released the long awaited competitive update. TF2 has had a small but dedicated competitive community for a long time, but now Valve has added some of the more popular competitive maps which weren't official yet to the list of official, default maps and added a ranking system.

However, in turn they have also removed "Valve servers" which were the default way of playing and added a matchmaking system even for casual play. This has resulted in long queues and a much less enjoyable game experience as servers aren't automatically filled up or autobalanced anymore. There are still "community servers" but most off them are filled with plugins from hell or are just utter garbage.

2) Here are some very interesting observations in regard to the contrast between Overwatch and TF2 in social aspects by one of my favorite video game critic youtubers: