This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Barack Obama

Comments

• Also, unlike Steve Jobs, she is 75 years old.
    What are you getting at? What alternative would you suggest for pancreatic cancer?
  • Getting real surgery instead of going on some diet.
  • edited February 2009
    Also, unlike Steve Jobs, she is 75 years old.
    What are you getting at?
    She's 75. She just had surgery for pancreatic cancer. Would it surprise you if Obama had to appoint a new Justice sometime in the near future?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Also, unlike Steve Jobs, she is 75 years old.
    What are you getting at?
    She's 75. She just had surgery for pancreatic cancer. Would it surprise you if Obama had to appoint a new Justice sometime in the near future?
    She still has to step down, she might remain on the bench for a few more years

• She still has to step down, she might remain on the bench for a few more years
    Possibe, but very doubtful.

• She still has to step down, she might remain on the bench for a few more years
    Possibe, but very doubtful.
    True, I just wonder who Obama will look to nominate as her successor
  • edited February 2009
    Obama opened a can of verbal whup-ass on the petulant obstructionist neocons blocking the stimulus the other day:

Verbal Whuppin'

Highlights:
    Obama rejected calls for more tax cuts and significant slashing of the bill's more than $800 billion price tag, and said complaints the package was a spending bill rather than a stimulus bill were off base.

"What do you think a stimulus bill is?" he said. "That's the point."
    Obama also rejected Republican arguments that the massive stimulus plan should be defeated because it will expand the budget deficit, which is already heading towards more than one trillion dollars.

"I found this deficit when I showed up," Obama said adding that he found that a national debt double wrapped in a big bow waiting for him as he stepped into the Oval Office.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Steve, you didn't have to post that. I mean, not everyone here believes the republicans are evil. Also, the article gives credit to the do-gooder.
  • edited February 2009
    You are correct, Mr. Erwin. Once again, Steve completely missed the point. The point had nothing to do with party affiliation. The point was that if a person contritely seeks solace and mercy from Obama, Obama will provide.

If I ever meet Obama, I'm going to ask that he fix Steve's brain. "Oh, great and mighty Obama, please fix Steve's brain; or, if that is impossible even for you, please give him the wisdom to understand that his brainpower and education is just good enough for talking about the Pokemons, and sometimes even that is a stretch."

Steve has been vainly making this request of Santa Claus every year whenever he sings his favorite Christmas song, "All I want for Christmas are my two Frontal Lobes".
  • You are correct, Mr. Erwin. Once again, Steve completely missed the point. The point had nothing to do with party affiliation. The point was that if a person contritely seeks solace and mercy from Obama, Obama will provide.
    Obama did not provide, a Republican provided.

Obama (Democrat) = talk
    Thompson (Republican) = action
  • edited February 2009
    You are correct, Mr. Erwin. Once again, Steve completely missed the point. The point had nothing to do with party affiliation. The point was that if a person contritely seeks solace and mercy from Obama, Obama will provide.

Obama (Democrat) = talk
    I'd like to think that an issue, as large as the homelessness issue is in the current economic crisis would produce a state of bipartisanship rather than further dividing people
    Post edited by Irascible on
  • edited February 2009

Obama (Democrat) = talk
    LOL. If my party was on wrong so often and about to implode, I'd be frustrated too, Mr. slavery-advocate.
  • edited February 2009
    I understand now.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I understand now.
    Understand that Hungry Joe likes to troll Steve up and down the forums? Yes.
  • I understand now.
    Understand that Hungry Joe likes to troll Steve up and down the forums? Yes.
    I understand this now :
  • Obama did not provide, a Republican provided.
    I and my family have been through three hurricanes. We have had neighbors with blue tarps from Rita lose the remains of their homes. Texas is Republican through and through. They have done little of note to help my neighbors. I'm not saying that the Democrats are better than Republicans, or that Republicans are completely evil. This is not an issue of talking the talk. This is simply a matter of "what could help me stay in office for as long as possible". Opportunism is extremely common in political circles. It doesn't impress the men who sign the lobby checks to take money away from them to help rebuild the "little peoples' homes". One person, however, essentially renting a home for free? It gives you free publicity, and it costs the lobbyists little.

Arguments about political parties do not impress me. They are usually rife with irrational thoughts and aggressive behavior. I daresay we as Americans deserve better. Unfortunately, most of my neighbors don't give a shit.
  • edited February 2009
    Diagramming Obama's sentences.

I used to LOVE diagramming sentences.
  • image I have seen some of these before but never a link to a large collection.
  • Wasn't that in the thing of the day thread a while ago?
  • A much smaller collection of photos was linked there, but not this many.
  • What do you think about all the high speed rail building that's been put into play by the stimulus package?
  • I have seen some of these before but never a link to alarge collection.
    That site was the exact same site Scott used for a TotD on the 090121 show.
  • Hogan's ghost, would you believe that there are actually people declaring that Obama should send the Secret service to the New York Post for this cartoon, suggesting it constitutes a threat against the president?
  • In Mombasa they've changed the name of the main road from the city to the airport to Barack Obama Road. And the taxi driver said Kenya had a national holiday for when won the election.
  • What do you think about all the high speed rail building that's been put into play by the stimulus package?
    Big fan. The fact that we don't have high speed rail on corridors like LAX-LAS is a complete shame. The money isn't enough for what we need, but at least this administration is supportive of the concept.

The key to high speed rail is to build it intelligently. In Europe, population density is different. We need to stop pretending that a high speed train between New York and LA is necessary. It will never compete with the airplane. However, there are several major corridors where it would make a lot of sense.
    That's what happens when you take a vacation, you miss things.

Rail service is great as long as it is built where it will provide the most use.
    That's what happens when you take a vacation, you miss things.
    That thread started on January 21. You must have had a very long vacation.

Also, haven't you posted some shit since January 21? Yeah, I seem to remember you going on a tear soon after the Inauguration where you "analyzed" every Executive Order coming out of the White House. So, you're either lying about being on vacation or you're lying about what you actually saw or had the opportunity to see while you were posting here while you were on vacation. Either way, you've failed again, HMTKSlave.
  • edited February 2009
    That thread started on January 21. You must have had a very long vacation.

Also, haven't you posted some shit since January 21? Yeah, I seem to remember you going on a tear soon after the Inauguration where you "analyzed" every Executive Order coming out of the White House. So, you're either lying about being on vacation or you're lying about what you actually saw or had the opportunity to see while you were posting here while you were on vacation. Either way, you've failed again, HMTKSlave.
    Is this thread-jacking really necessary? I could care less if he was or wasn't on vacation. He missed it. That's all that mattered. Sheesh. So petty.
    Post edited by Kilarney on