This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

Comments

• I loved all the new mechas as well. The entire redone final battle was a great idea. I loved Simon's new final mecha most of all. And of course
    I am not sureif the Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would be considered a mecha though.
    Yeah, it pretty much isn't. But Mecha come out of it, so it's all good. XD
  • edited February 2010
    Lesson learned: Get someone to punch you.

Also, shrinking the series to about half-length makes the escalation even more awesomely ridiculous. It's great.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Is all of that for realz?
  • Baccano 2 and Yotsuba!! Can't wait.
  • edited August 2010
    GITS:SAC3? I think I just had multiple climaxes.
    If these are the next two seasons...that's it, my social life is as good as dead.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Nine, are you lying to us? :<
  • Seriously, guys? "The Very Hungry Caterpillar OVA" didn't flick a switch? >_>
  • You know, if the anime companies wanted to make money again, there's all they have to do. Plan is already done. Two jpegs could save the industry if the Japanese just weren't such stubborn fools.
  • To be fair, a lot of the original content or the stuff we've never heard of that is coming to those seasons, sounded rather legit.
  • You know, if the anime companies wanted to make money again, there's all they have to do. Plan is already done. Two jpegs could save the industry if the Japanese just weren't such stubborn fools.
    But Scott... how would my inner fat, insecure, impotent, wheezing hikkikomori ever find happiness again, if the anime industry were to go back to that?
  • But Scott... how would my inner fat, insecure, impotent, wheezing hikkikomori ever find happiness again, if the anime industry were to go back to that?
    The hikkikomori are not totally inhuman. They will enjoy Yotsuba&! with the rest of us.
  • Nine, I do not enjoy you. So mean. ; _ ;
  • edited August 2010
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited August 2010
    Holy fucking shit, is that a Pokemon TV show based off Pokemon Adventures!?

[Edit] Oh. Goddammit.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I. Hate. You. Guys. So. Much. ￐
  • Nine, I do not enjoy you. So mean. ; _ ;
    I am not sad. I AM ANGRY.
  • If you wanted to make ME angry, there would be a Genshiken 3 on those charts.
  • edited August 2010
    None of those anime are confirmed. This is the real fall anime season. Not better, but more believable.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • If you wanted to make ME angry, there would be a Genshiken 3 on those charts.
    *Fanboy power activated* OMG Genshiken 3 How awesome would that be?
  • [rainbow faggotry]
    What the hell is this?
    "￐"
    It appears as a missing character for me.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, that was a load of BS if I ever saw one.
    Actual list of anime in the fall. Only thing that interests me so far: Bakuman and Index 2. Oh yeah, and the continuation of the Black Lagoon OVAs, but that's a given.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Is there really going to be a Bakuman anime? So watching that.
  • Yeah, they announced it a while back. 25 episodes starting next fall, produced by J.C. Staff and directed by Kenichi Kasai. Kasai also direct the first three seasons of Major, the first season of Nodame Cantabile, the first season of Honey and Clover and a few episodes of H&C2 and Toradora.
  • Nine, Augh! I believed that thing about Shinichiro Watanabe for a second, but it was Yotsuba& what tipped me off. Azuma said he said he wasn't going to make it into an anime.
    Plus, they were all manga pictures, and not anime promo art. But seriously, Left Hand of Darkness? Sangatsu no Lion? Ghost in the Shell 3? If only! This is too bloody good to be true. (sigh.)

Nine, you are a bad tease.
  • edited August 2010
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited August 2010
    I believed that thing about Shinichiro Watanabe for a second, but it was Yotsuba& what tipped me off. Azuma said he said he wasn't going to make it into an anime.
    For me it was the sock monkey one that made me think twice and read the other comments. I do remember Azuma saying that about Yotsuba, but one can hope.

Regardless, most of us got a good NIne-punking.

Edit: Hahah@George getting excited about Baccano 2. While I'm having writing this, I'm having a convo w/ him and he didn't read the previous comments until I mentioned it to him.

Edit 2:
    gedavids: OMG!!!
    BACCANO 2!!!!
    Sent at 8:20 AM on Tuesday
    me: is that one true?
    I have yet to watch the first one.
    That whole image was so mean. ; _ ;
    oh wait..
    did you not read the other posts?
    gedavids: wait...is it not real
    :'(
    me: hahaha
    gedavids: my day = ruined
    Sent at 8:26 AM on Tuesday
    me: that was so entertaining
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I didn't believe that for very long, mostly on the problems of "How has the Anime industry suddenly doubled it's output?" and "Where are all the sequels/continuations?".
  • Where are all the sequels/continuations?
    There are a ton of "sequels" on that chart.
    On the bright side, that would be a fun thread, imagining the anime we would like to see. We should resurrect the "sono anime mite mitai!" Thread, to talk about our dream anime.
  • My day is ruined.