This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

Comments

• I just watched Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. It's kind of like a psychotic Powerpuff Girls and was really fun (if not incredibly strange).
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2010
    Downloading and watching Bakuman episode 1. I'll see how it goes. I have a feeling I'm going to skip the anime and stick with the manga on this one. I mean, it's a manga about manga. Watching an anime adaptation of a manga about anime, just too meta.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I wasn't too impressed with the anime, the animation was shoddy at times, although some of the situations were funnier in the anime than the manga, but I'm not sure if it's worth seeing the rest of the series.

Panty and Stocking with Gartnerbelt, however, I'll definitely watch, it's alike a 90's cartoon from hell.
  • Yeah, seems I'll watch Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt as well; it's insane.

The Bakuman anime seems entertaining, but I haven't seen the manga so I don't know if it would be better to stick with that.
  • Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is the fucking business. I hope [as] picks it up if/when it's dubbed, because I think Americans might like it.
  • I watched episode 1 of Bakuman. The anime does a good job adapting the manga. I think some of the jokes work better in the anime, because of how they can play with the timing.
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • Ah, right, Star Driver is that anime I kept seeing ads for at the ends of episodes of Sengoku Basara 2.
    edited October 2010
    Post edited by ... on
  • Welp, it's that time again anime boys and girls: the Winter 2011 anime season. Surely it's gotten off to a great start! Right?

Below is a graphic representation of the new anime season so far:

Oh shit indeed.

On a more serious note, looking forward to Fractel (with some apprehension).
  • Although the ending of Kuragehime was a bit rushed, I still melted out of cuteness overload. =w=

The pacing a style of Kuragehime reminded me a lot of Nodame Cantabile for some reason. =w=
  • edited January 2011
    Ho-Ly-Fuck. Katte ni Kaizou, a manga by Koji Kumeta (author of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) that hasn't been in publication for 7 years, gets an anime adaptation. Thank you based SHAFT.
    If you've seen or read SZS, you pretty much know what to expect. Otherwise the picture on ANN should leave no doubts about that.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Bunny from Tiger & Bunny is not cute at all. :<</strong>
  • edited September 2011
    So yeah...
    (click to enlarge)

Is it me, or is there more and more sequelitis in anime?
    Only thing I'm sure to watch is Bakuman and the new Lupin. The setup for "Ben-To" sounds hilarious, but from the description picture it could be just another fanservice show.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • >Gundam AGE
    >New Lupin the 3rd
    I think I have my Must Watches for this seas-
    >Trails in the Sky OVA [see: Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki]
    WHAT. WWWHAT. Why did I not hear about this?
  • Is it me, or is there more and more sequelitis in anime?
    Sometimes this is a good thing. I mean did we really have to wait a decade for more Berserk or 7 years for a new Trigun. Japan is really bad at actually realizing when they have something good.
  • edited September 2011
    Is it me, or is there more and more sequelitis in anime?
    Nope. There's been worse I think. But look at it from this side. They're calling this season of Shana actually Shana, not to mention FINAL! How cool would that be, no more Shana shit ever again! Tsunderie would need to find more roles like Alphonse to compensate though.
    Only thing I'm sure to watch is Bakuman
    You fucking masochist.
    more Berserk
    You mean the movie series that'll take a decade in itself? Yeah, great job Japan. You're weird. But at least now we know.

Looks to be your average anime season. New Last Exile that can either be awesome or mediocre. More Invasion Squid Girl. Ben-To sounds hilarious, let's hope it's actually going to be hilarious (HotD levels of fanservice would be great for that). Persona 4 animation gets some people excited. Another Lupin III special, not a TV show from what I heard. Future Dairy will be horrendous if the animation quality is as horrible as it was in the OVA. More Working for the fans. And then there's Guilty Crown.

A Noitamina anime directed by the guy who directed Death Note, penned by Code Geass writers, animated by Production I.G. with character designs and music by Supercell (redjuice and ryo respectively). Contains rare wheelchair moe. Dubbed by an anime blogger as the anime that God gifted after coming down from heaven and asking for the anime of his dreams (after rejecting a deux cours TV anime by Studio Rikka "about a cyborg stowaway on an inter­galatic cruiser who the crew gradu­ally warm up to, with music by Yoko Ka–"). So...

mite b. cool.jpg
    Is that going to be worth checking out?
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Here's a more readable version:
    Anime Fall 2011
  • edited September 2011
    Is that going to be worth checking out?
    I can't vouch for whether the OVA will do it justice, I'm just going to be watching it due to having played and enjoyed the game it's based on.
    Only thing I'm sure to watch is Bakuman
    You fucking masochist.
    more like boringman amirite
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • I am excited for the 2 Noitamina series, but I refuse to be too excited because I was really waiting for the last Noitamina season only to be disappointed by No. 6's flaws and the time jump in Usagi Drop.
    I have been waiting for the Last Exile sequel. Range Murata's Art Deco Airship designs always intrigue me.
    Kimi to Boku was cute (read 2 volumes of the manga), but I am not sure if I care enough to watch the show. Do you think Mirai Nikki will be good?
    ...Might watch stupid-manga-editors-in-love again. Just 'cause.
    Movies are looking good. Haven't seen the first Mardock Scramble, but I have read part of the novels.
  • edited September 2011
    Gundam Unicorn and Lupin is on my list. Waiting for "From up on Poppy Hill" to get a blueray or dvd release. It's a Goro production so I'm hoping he learned from working on earthsea and improved.

Post edited by Alan on
  • I will be watching Lupin 3rd, that is all :O
  • I can't vouch for whether the OVA will do it justice, I'm just going to be watching it due to having played and enjoyed the game it's based on.
    Reason enough to check out the first episode for me then.
    more like boringman amirite
    Like, totally dude. Put it up!
    the time jump in Usagi Drop.
    There is no time jump in the anime. Regardless, Winter season supposedly is going to bring more questionable nonsense to the Noitamina timeslot. Again supporting my comment about it steadily going downhill. Japan also doesn't understand time travel.
  • edited September 2011
    I know, I was recently told that. I lost interest after hearing about the end of the manga. I will still finish the anime and pretend that the time skip does not exist.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Eh, this isn't terrible. New Lupin. New Last Exile, Fate/Zero, the Sunrise shows will probably be decent, maybe give Un-Go and Guilty Crown a second look once they finish airing...
  • Eh, this isn't terrible. New Lupin. New Last Exile, Persona 4, the Sunrise shows will probably be decent, maybe give Un-Go and Guilty Crown a second look once they finish airing...
  • I like Persona 4 as much as the next guy but people are correct with not being excited about it. Anime based on video games usually tend to be mediocre to bad and I don't expect the Persona 4 one to be any different.
  • Anime based on video games usually tend to be mediocre to bad and I don't expect the Persona 4 one to be any different.
    Games based on movies, movies based on games: both directions are fail in almost all cases.