This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dr. Horrible - Joss Whedon Mini-Movie - Free Online, This Week Only

edited July 2008 in Everything Else
Dr. Horrible has a sing along blog. Joss Whedon is making an online musical with Nathan Fillion (Mal of Firefly) and Neil Patrick Harris (Dougie Houser, MD! among many other roles). A musical about villians! For free! And only this week! Why wouldn't you watch?

Comments

• Hey! NPH wouldn't do that.
  • What? Dougie Houser or the villain musical? If you meant the musical, then check the link.
  • What?
  • edited July 2008
    Essentially, Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, and Neil Patrick Harris got bored during the writer's strike and decided to collaorate to create the trailer at the link above. Starting tommorrow, the first episode (webisode) will be posted for free streaming. Supposedly, it is a musical.
    Post edited by Your Mom on
  • Looks totally campy and AWESOME.
  • First act is up! Have to say...this is a good deal of singing in this first 15 minute bit. He is the most amusing super-villain in existence!

Go watch now!
  • Supervillain musical, in the most literal sense. It was made by Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly) during the writer's strike. It is slightly campy, but awesome! Stop asking what...I can only describe it so many times. It makes far more sense to watch.
  • What? Dougie Houser or the villain musical? If you meant the musical, then check the link.
    Go watch Harold and Kumar.

Also, I laughed a lot.
  • Go watch Harold and Kumar.
    That is quite far back on my Netflix queue. Someday, I'll get there.
  • Ok that was quite awesome. I'm looking forward to the rest.
  • As someone who (not-so) secretly aspires to become an evil villain, That was wonderful. Although I'd love to punch that Captain Hammer guy's face in. Douche.
  • Win.
    Ok that was quite awesome. I'm looking forward to the rest.
    As someone who (not-so) secretly aspires to become an evil villain, That was wonderful. Although I'd love to punch that Captain Hammer guy's face in. Douche.
    Stop saying everything there is to say about this awesome, awesome, awesome blog.
  • Win.
    Ok that was quite awesome. I'm looking forward to the rest.
    As someone who (not-so) secretly aspires to become an evil villain, That was wonderful. Although I'd love to punch that Captain Hammer guy's face in. Douche.
    Stop saying everything there is to say about this awesome, awesome, awesome blog.
    Um, it's awesome!
  • So far, Dr.Horrible is campy and fun, and the songs are pretty catchy.

This confirms my suspicion that Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris to be in more media that I watch.
  • As someone who (not-so) secretly aspires to become an evil villain, That was wonderful. Although I'd love to punch that Captain Hammer guy's face in. Douche.
    But but but! It is Mal from Firely! How can you hate him?

Honestly, if you think he's a bag o' douche, then he did his job well.
  • I've never seen Firefly, so I have no attachment to him.
  • edited July 2008
    I've never seen Firefly, so I have no attachment to him.
    Heresy! Watch Firefly and/or Serenity. Your are seriously missing out on awesome TV and movies otherwise. Serenity is a good litmus test to see if you will like Firefly, although it technically comes after in the chronology.
    Post edited by Your Mom on
  • Meh, sure.
  • Meh, sure.
    Not a fan of Sci-fi?
  • Not a fan of Sci-fi?
    I'll have to admit, before I watched the show I was a little put off by the whole "Western Sci-fi" aesthetic.
  • Sonic, have you seen or do you like Cowboy Bebop?
  • Let me state I am a HUUUUGE fan of scifi and Cowboy Bebop. Spike is my man. I keep calling Kareem-Abdul Jabar "Abdul Hakeem" I've seen every StarGate, Star Trek, and Star Wars. Firefly was just never on my radar. I've heard of it, I know that its a western futuristic sci-fi, and that one of the characters is a prostitute who the captain calls an ambassador. That's all I know.

I'll watch firefly. Its Downloading now.
  • Oh then your going to be in for a treat!, how did Firefly not cross your radar before?
  • Interesting. Episode 1 available already for purchase on iTunes. $1.99 an "webisode". Be interesting to see if this starts to be a trend with bigger names doing stuff and selling it themselves without the need for a studio. If this succeeds it could be a whole new ball park for movies or "TV" shows. I'm half tempted to download it just to support them.
  • In theory, it is the next logical step above youtube. With the name recognition that Joss Whedon, Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion bring to the table, they can pay for their work and the crew's work on $6.00 for the whole series.

I would love to see what studios would be willing to crank out for the reduced price.
  • Oh then your going to be in for a treat!, how did Firefly not cross your radar before?
    I don't know. What Star Trek series was on at the time? Because if it was DS9, TNG, or Voyager, everything else took a back seat.
  • Enterprise I guess, Firefly only lasted a few eps shown out of order on Friday on Fox. Where it gained Cult status and eventually a movie was made to wrap it up.
  • There you go.