This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dr. Horrible - Joss Whedon Mini-Movie - Free Online, This Week Only

Comments

• I've seen every StarGate, Star Trek, and Star Wars.
    No Farscape love?
  • I'm more surprised that Babylon 5 isn't on there.
  • Nope, I haven't seen either of those. Although I did watch Andromeda, but that was probably because I was 13 and had the hots for Rommie.

Hell, I still have the hots for Rommie.
  • Joss Whedon wins the Internets.
    'nuff said.
    Ew. That is all.

Then again I tried it back when it first came out. Looong ago!
  • Hey that's really weird you guys are reviewing this, my sister and her husband did some work on this and every time they do a project they send out an email to the family saying "hey go check this out" and like some of the stuff they did work on was horrible and I would make fun of it (Tori Spelling's old show, those Web Junk shows, etc) and I was cautious cause this sounded good but wasn't sure. Guess I'll have to watch it, about time they did something good.
  • I watched the first Act and was pleasantly surprised.
  • Which is to say, you weren't expecting much?
    How dare you?!!?
  • lol yeah I wasn't, but I don't mind being proved wrong in this case =)
    Ew. That is all.

Then again I tried it back when it first came out. Looong ago!
    Believe me when I say that only the fifth season (of five seasons) sucks. All of the rest is political intrigue, war, telepaths, and some seriously interesting foreign cultures. I checked it out in the post college years, and it was surprisingly awesome for a show I missed out on years ago. This is a show with a lot of high ambassadors, commanding officers, and religious and spiritual people of multiple cultures. There is a surprisingly large amount of trying to dance around the social mores and practices of alien cultures with some fairly interesting results. Notably, I was an Anthropology major, so that may have swung things to be far more interesting for me.
  • No Farscape love?
    I do. I wish that would go into repeats. Farscape was waaaaaaay underrated -- and much more like Firefly than people care to admit. It was in some ways a rip off of the ST:TNG season 3 episode "Tin Man," though. Also, puppets don't get the respect they deserve. Imagine how shit Farscape would have been with CG characters.
  • Act II is posted!
  • edited July 2008
    "The hammer is my penis"
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I could do without the singing. It gets old fast. More blogging.
  • I could do without the singing. It gets old fast. More blogging.
    I actually really like most of the songs. But then again I'm just a band nerd who likes musicals in general.
    /Buying tickets to Wicked in the fall...
  • edited July 2008
    I really like the songs, but I wish the clips were longer, as the blogging bits are highly amusing. And I, too was a band/choir nerd back in the day.

I'm also really interested to see if Dr. Horrible can win in the end, as he is definitely the more sympathetic character, all things considered.

The last song of act II! <3
    Post edited by Your Mom on
  • Well for something called a sing along blog, what did you guys expect? Of course there is singing. I actually expected more singing. I think the singing is what makes it interesting.
  • edited July 2008
    The last song of act II! <3</p>
    Oh hell yes. Just listened to it again a couple of times.
  • The last song of act II! <3</p>
    I actually prefer the last song of Act I and the first song of Act II to the one you guys mentioned.
  • The last song of act II! <3</p>
    I actually prefer the last song of Act I and the first song of Act II to the one you guys mentioned.
    Hey, a Man's gotta do what a Man's gotta do. :P
  • edited July 2008
    Some people with a beef against Dr Horrible
    They are leeching off the apparent popularity of Dr Horrible, I should think.
  • Some people with a beef against Dr Horrible
    There is no eye-rolling smiley big enough to adequately express how I feel about this.
  • edited July 2008
    Hmmm... I don't know. I'm fans of both doctors, But I think I like Dr.Horrible more.
    I had my dad watch Acts 1 and 2 with me tonight. He says, "I know Captain Hammer is supposed to be the good guy, but He's a real jerk and not very likable. I hope Dr.Horrible really does squish him." As you can see, my dad is awesome.

I just watched the first episode of Firefly, by the way. I'm hooked.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I just watched the first episode of Firefly, by the way. I'm hooked.
    Hehehehe. Yet another person who is not Scott.
  • Heh,I don't think not being Scott is a club that's hard to get into.
  • Sigh. It is over.

Act III has been posted.
  • Wow. That was dark.
  • BAWWWWWWWWWWW
  • Wow. That was dark.
    As my boyfriend pointed out, "that was Joss Whedon". We all shouldn't have been so surprised.

Meanwhile...Bad Horse was awesome! :P
  • Man, That was dark as hell...
    I would almost prefer an ending where hammer becomes a villain and gets defeated by Dr.H who gets the hero's treatment.