This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cosplaying

Comments

• God, I'm getting old enough (or have been old enough for long enough), that I feel like about the only thing I could ever cosplay as would be a character wearing some sort of full covering body armor. Okay, I did cosplay as Captain Nemo from Nadia a few years back as my first and, so far, only cosplay. I could still probably pull it off as Captain Nemo is an older character. However, no cosplaying as teenagers for me.
  • edited October 2012
    As much as I love Admiral Okita/Captain Avatar (depending on whether you use the Japanese or English names), I don't think I'm quite old enough to play him yet. :P Maybe when I reach Unix Santa status I can grow the fluffy white beard (I have yet to see a decent consumer-grade fake beard). :)
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • edited October 2012
    God, I'm getting old enough (or have been old enough for long enough), that I feel like about the only thing I could ever cosplay as would be a character wearing some sort of full covering body armor. Okay, I did cosplay as Captain Nemo from Nadia a few years back as my first and, so far, only cosplay. I could still probably pull it off as Captain Nemo is an older character. However, no cosplaying as teenagers for me.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • How could I forget Gendo? lol... Woops!
  • Okay, I guess I'm losing my memory in my old age as I keep forgetting these older characters...

Actually, it's probably that as cool as these characters were (for some definitions of "cool"), I never really thought about cosplaying them. Then again, I'm not a big cosplayer either, so that also may contribute.

If nothing else, maybe it gives me some ideas on a Halloween costume, though.
  • If one could only get a hat that magnificent.
  • I was thinking of going as Freakazoid for Halloween. My hair is long enough.
  • I need to think of a Halloween costume. I have lots of cosplays I want to do, but most are difficult.
  • I'm probably gonna do Legends of the Hidden Temple because lazy.
    Gaa, for a second I thought that was Captain Nemo from Nadia (and I would've said "been there, cosplayed that"). Then again, given how Captain Nemo was pretty much intentionally designed to resemble Captain Global, the momentary confusion kinda made sense... I meal, I would've needed was a slightly different hat and I would've been cosplaying Global.
  • this isn't me (obvs) but figured it belongs in this thread.

wtf.
  • edited October 2012
    wtf.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Oh photoshop
  • Oh photoshop
    not photoshop. follow the link.
  • Yeah, seems like it's just very clever makeup.
  • Looks like a mask.
  • Nope. She shows how she does the make-up in a video.
  • Photoshop or no photoshop, that's creepy as fuck. That's... that's like Barbie make-up or something.

• Photoshop or no photoshop, that's creepy as fuck. That's... that's like Barbie make-up or something.

It's such a ridiculously easy trick, too.

It's such a ridiculously easy trick, too.

It's not just the eyes, which are pretty easy to do, it's that tiny waist. It looks mega unhealthy.
  • This is something you see a lot of on:
    http://japanesefashioninferno.tumblr.com/
    Apparently popular among hostess club girls.
  • THAT IS SOME UNCANNY VALLEY SHIT RIGHT THERE

BUT SHE'S AN ACTUAL PERSON AND NOT A ROBOT

i'm done with the internet today
  • I didn't get what she was trying to do at first. Not till I read the article.
  • These are close ups:
    Also:
  • Those eyes aren't nearly as creepy as the entire eyelid ones (can see when they close their eyes). I actually think those curling iron girls are cute. >_>
  • Someone should do the opposite and do smaller eye make up, or no-eye.
  • edited October 2012
    They eyelid girl isn't really unnerving.

Post edited by Omnutia on