This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Important: Ignore the troll

Comments

• "This sentence is false."
  • JenJen
    edited August 2008
    We're going to PAX now. Bye.
    Go ahead and run, Scott. Tell yourself that all's right with the world and that you're a man of integrity. Run from all your problems. Obviously, everything will be fine if you ignore us long enough.
    Here is something to help you stop crying:
    Post edited by Jen on
  • What can you say to gain your freedom?
    "I will be hanged."
    *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* That is absolutely correct!
    "She"
    Oops, my apologies.
  • edited August 2008
    Jen: You seem to like games an awful lot, why don't you try this one?

Photobucket
    Post edited by One Sin on
  • edited August 2008
    [edit] too late for me. T_T
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • What can you say to gain your freedom?
    "I will be hanged."
    Darnit, I was going to post that. Starfox his answer is the general solution to that problem.
  • Jen: You seem to like games an awful lot, why don't you try this one?
    Hey, OneSin. Stop it, you are damn near close to trolling as well.
  • Sorry, no dice.
    No dice will be required for my riddles thread. So Omnutia, you may still participate.
  • Jen: You seem to like games an awful lot, why don't you try this one?
    Hey, OneSin. Stop it, you are damn near close to trolling as well.
    Only difference, One Sin is actually getting closer to trolling.
  • (sigh)

If you want me to be banned then I shall ban myself, but by my terms. In a couple days or so, I will make a thread with numerous riddles. If anyone (or group effort) can solve all of my riddles, I will banish myself from posting on this site ever again. (Exception: I will make one more post sometime around November.)

Let see how smart everyone is. Also, I will not allow a few people to partake in this challenge.

Those Banned From 'Ban Jen 4 EVA' Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------

One Sin - You're out. You're a killjoy, sorry.

Mrs. MacRoss – You're out. But, Mr.MacRoss is in. I fear Mr. MacRoss is a beaten man. So I will try to bring some joy to his life in the quest of banning me. Mr.MacRoss please seekhelp.

Myself - You're out. I can't allow a suspected mouth-breather to partake in this challenge.

Omnutia - You're out. Wait. You're In. The fact that I like bunnies and you have a nice bunny avatar keeps you in this contest.

HungryJoe - You're out. Wait. I don't care what Rym and Scott say behind your back, you're in.

Rym and Scott - Out. They say mean things about HungryJoe. And, they haven't reviewd Gurren Lagann yet.
    This sounds an awful lot like Scott . . .
  • edited August 2008
    Hahaha Jen is totally a punk kid, she has less time nowadays to post because the summer is coming to an end. Thus she is having a going away blow out smash with the riddles.
    Maybe we should call her bluff and no one participate. She would have to stick around, even though she clearly wants to go out on top as a legend.
    Or maybe I am in fact her and am just messing with your heads because your all so damn gullible, which is in fact not an English word. Look it up some time, you won't find it. But if you Google it for the top picture, it's a picture of George W. Bush and it's so funny.
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • (sigh)

If you want me to be banned then I shall ban myself, but by my terms. In a couple days or so, I will make a thread with numerous riddles. If anyone (or group effort) can solve all of my riddles, I will banish myself from posting on this site ever again. (Exception: I will make one more post sometime around November.)

Let see how smart everyone is. Also, I will not allow a few people to partake in this challenge.

Those Banned From 'Ban Jen 4 EVA' Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------

One Sin - You're out. You're a killjoy, sorry.

Mrs. MacRoss – You're out. But, Mr.MacRoss is in. I fear Mr. MacRoss is a beaten man. So I will try to bring some joy to his life in the quest of banning me. Mr.MacRoss please seekhelp.

Myself - You're out. I can't allow a suspected mouth-breather to partake in this challenge.

Omnutia - You're out. Wait. You're In. The fact that I like bunnies and you have a nice bunny avatar keeps you in this contest.

HungryJoe - You're out. Wait. I don't care what Rym and Scott say behind your back, you're in.

Rym and Scott - Out. They say mean things about HungryJoe. And, they haven't reviewd Gurren Lagann yet.
    This sounds an awful lot like Scott . . .
    That is what I said.
  • edited August 2008
    Scott, where are the forum rules? I don't see a sticky anywhere...
    If you want a troll to go away, but you also feed it, you have only yourself to blame if it sticks around. If you want it to die, starve it to death.
    I wanted to disagree with you Scott, I really did. But this point is enough to make Scott the rational one in this thread and the rest of you guys the idiots.
    Seriously, guys, if you see that Jen posts a thread, DON'T RESPOND TO IT. I see that the "Don't for this bum" thread currently has 10 posts. That's 10 too many. If you want Jen to stay, then feel free to post in that thread. But please, do NOT post in that thread, then come over to this thread and bitch about Jen being a nuisance. You are just feeding the troll and inviting it to come right on back.
    There's an example right in this thread, too. Jen posts that dumb riddle thing and then gets a ton of responses. You guys are ridiculous...

Also, that pyramid thing was fucking stupid. You're lucky you didn't get the thread closed down.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • The users are what make a troll a troll. If you don't want a troll, don't feed the troll. I don't know how you people can have an issue with something so simple.
  • Scott, where are the forum rules? I don't see a sticky anywhere...
    ZOMG IT'S THE THREAD CALLED FORUM RULES AND HINTS
  • The users are what make a troll a troll. If you don't want a troll, don't feed the troll. I don't know how you people can have an issue with something so simple.
    Don't posts such as this feed the troll? What a vicious circle.
  • edited August 2008
    Don't posts such as this feed the troll? What a vicious circle.
    Nope. Only direct responses to the troll feed it. Acknowledging it isn't feeding it.
    Scott, where are the forum rules? I don't see a sticky anywhere...
    ZOMG IT'S THE THREAD CALLED FORUM RULES AND HINTS
    lol wow...

But now that I have the rules in front of me, I can see that Scott is indeed being a dumbass about this. Jen is breaking rules 2 and 3. The biggest problem with those rules is that most of them are subjective. What is annoying? What is intelligent? Regardless, apparently most of the forum thinks that Jen is annoying and unintelligent enough to get banned, so I'd say that she's breaking rules 2 and 3 and should get banned.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Anybody else notice how Andrew and Jen are never on the forum at the same time? Andrew? Have you been battling insomnia lately? Sudden blackouts? Have you met a cool new friend who likes to make candles?
  • This thread is hilarious. I came back and saw this at the top of the front page filled with people whining. I admit, I think I tried to argue to get rid of Jen in the beginning but now there's no point.

Just forget about it, listen to Scott. Everyone who is trying to appeal to Scrym to remove Jen is showing their impotence on the forum and lack of control. From this point on lets boycott her, that's all there is to it. The more you let her annoy you the more sway she has over you.
  • edited August 2008
    This thread is hilarious. I came back and saw this at the top of the front page filled with people whining. I admit, I think I tried to argue to get rid of Jen in the beginning but now there's no point.

Just forget about it, listen to Scott. Everyone who is trying to appeal to Scrym to remove Jen is showing their impotence on the forum and lack of control. From this point on lets boycott her, that's all there is to it. The more you let her annoy you the more sway she has over you.
    Sigh. When you're right you're right. Lets forget it and her. Besides, it will be little time until she does something truly heinous that banning will happen.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited August 2008
    My vote is still for ban, as it was from the beginning. Jen detracts form the forums, wasn't funny in the beginning, and isn't funny now. It's pretty obvious that Jen is trying to bait people into attacking 'her' and trying to stir shit up. Example:
    Mrs. MacRoss – You're out. But, Mr.MacRoss is in. I fear Mr. MacRoss is a beaten man. So I will try to bring some joy to his life in the quest of banning me. Mr.MacRoss please seek help.
    It's also obvious that no one is going to fall for it. Trolls fancy themselves clever on the internet, as Jen does, knowing full well that it is simply their anonymity that protects them from retribution for acting like morons. Intentionally acting like a jackass to try and get a rise out of people is infantile and moronic. These forums should show have already shown their disapproval for such stupidity, and if Scott doesn't have the balls to ban Jen, then we need to collectively simply stop responding to any post of 'hers'.

Incidentally, if there was some way we could, on an individual basis, elect to have other forum member's posts ignored from our own accounts, then I think the problem would be solved. I'm not sure if that's technologically feasible though. EDIT: I just realized Pete posted this idea already.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Anybody else notice how Andrew and Jen are never on the forum at the same time? Andrew? Have you been battling insomnia lately? Sudden blackouts? Have you met a cool new friend who likes to make candles?
    All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
  • BTW, I think we all know that Jen just wants to play with the boys.
    All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
    *SPOILERS* Yeah, but a magic bullet makes you go away. *SPOILERS*
    *SPOILERS* Yeah, but a magic bullet makes you go away. *SPOILERS*
    Shhh damn it! You are breaking the first two rules.
  • Obviously, the answer is that somebody wishes to be the little girl.
  • Incidentally, if there was some way we could, on an individual basis, elect to have other forum member's posts ignored from our own accounts, then I think the problem would be solved. I'm not sure if that's technologically feasible though. EDIT: I just realized Pete posted this idea already.
    Of course it's feasible! It's almost the same as the way whispers work.
  • jccjcc
    edited August 2008
    Would Scott bother, though?
    Post edited by jcc on
  • Would Scott bother, though?
    Nope. If he's too lazy to ban people, he's probably too lazy to make an ignore feature.

Wouldn't ignore be weird, though? Like, lets say you ignore Jen, but then Jen makes a post and people quote it....wouldn't that be kinda weird?