This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Great Penis Flamewar (Funny stories about getting laid?)

13»

Comments

edited August 2008
    For birth control, I'm using the NuvaRing.
    This is why men shall never be able to understand women. A single plastic ring keeps them from getting pregnant. Seriously, sounds like magic if you ask me.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I know that it's a hormonal ovulation blocker but it really sounds weird that a plastic ring can prevent pregnancy, especially when it can be removed during intercourse.
  • I know that it's a hormonal ovulation blocker but it really sounds weird that a plastic ring can prevent pregnancy, especially when it can be removedduringintercourse.
    Yeah, it is pretty weird, however I'm not complaining. It's better than taking a pill and getting a shot, imo.
  • Why isn't this thread "The Foreskin Flamewar"? Alliteration FTW.
  • Why isn't this thread "The Foreskin Flamewar"? Alliteration FTW.
    Maybe we should rename this thread to "Foreskin, Fucking, Flamewars"
  • Because in our lexicon penis > foreskin. Therefore the title is inherently better by containing the word penis than it would be by containing the word foreskin.
  • Because in our lexicon penis > foreskin. Therefore the title is inherently better by containing the word penis than it would be by containing the word foreskin.
    Exactly.
  • edited August 2008
    For birth control, I'm using theNuvaRing.
    This is why men shall never be able to understand women. A single plastic ring keeps them from getting pregnant. Seriously, sounds like magic if you ask me.
    It actually gives the body the impression that there is an alien body inside and constantly tries to kill it and get rid of it, thus not letting the eggs stick to the walls of the uterus and killing it, fertilized or not. I note that that's a guess.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on

• It actually gives the body the impression that there is an alien body inside and constantly tries to kill it and get rid of it, thus not letting the eggs stick to the walls of the uterus and killing it, fertilized or not. I note that that's a guess.
    Actually, that's what an inter-uterine device does. NuvaRing is simply a hormonal method of birth control, like the patch. It is not placed inside the uterus at all; it remains in the vaginal canal. Hence the being able to take it out. The body does not reject foreign objects there; otherwise, the tampon market would have been very short-lived.
  • Actually, that's what an inter-uterine device does. NuvaRing is simply a hormonal method of birth control, like the patch. It is not placed inside the uterus at all; it remains in the vaginal canal. Hence the being able to take it out. The body does not reject foreign objects there; otherwise, the tampon market would have been very short-lived.
  • My girlfriend uses the NuvaRing or equivalent. I was away for a week when she started using it and the night I got home we started getting naked. First thing I said was "Hey Pola, your breasts are HUGE!" She just grinned and we got down to business. About 10 minutes later I said "Erm.... what's this...?"

Yes, it is the best birth control. My girlfriend doesn't take it out before sex, but I rarely notice it and if I do it is far less annoying than using a condom.
  • edited August 2008

It actually gives the body the impression that there is an alien body inside and constantly tries to kill it and get rid of it, thus not letting the eggs stick to the walls of the uterus and killing it, fertilized or not. I note that that's a guess.
    Actually, that's what an inter-uterine device does. NuvaRing is simply a hormonal method of birth control, like the patch. It is not placed inside the uterus at all; it remains in the vaginal canal. Hence the being able to take it out. The body does not reject foreign objects there; otherwise, the tampon market would have been very short-lived.
    Ah, the good ol' immune-privileged genitals.

I, too, am now enlightened as to the NuvaRing. I remember seeing ads for that and being like, "Wait a minute, wouldn't that get in the way? What if I shove if up somewhere and it gets stuck?" Now I know.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • The one problem with the ring is that even if it is perfect at preventing pregnancy, it doesn't stop the STDs.
  • The one problem with the ring is that even if it is perfect at preventing pregnancy, it doesn't stop the STDs.
    Nothing is 100% and the only birth control device that can almost protect you fully is a condom.

I have a thing with taking BCs because they mess with my body. I just make the guy wear a rubber.
    This is not a problem in a long term relationship. My girlfriend and I both went for HIV and other STD checkups before changing birth control type.
  • edited August 2008
    The one problem with the ring is that even if it is perfect at preventing pregnancy, it doesn't stop the STDs.
    This is true. You can be fairly safe about that by being in a long-term monogamous relationship, and making sure that you and your partner both get tested. However, infidelity is still a possibility, and tests can (very very rarely) be wrong. It's all a matter of whether or not you want to take the (usually very small) risk or not.

Condoms do have the added benefit of helping me (and every guy) to last longer, but I really prefer the sensation of no condom.

EDIT: Also, numerous studies have shown that condoms, on average, have a mechanical failure rate of around 2%. Add in the fact that a lot of people use them improperly (read: people are stupid) and the effectiveness is somewhere around 92% (IIRC...don't quote me on that). Still, it's the most effective STD barrier you'll find. If you're not into the long-term monogamy thing, condoms are mandatory.
  • edited August 2008
    I hesitated to share this story, but things are getting pretty graphic, so why not.

Years ago, when I was younger and stupider, my girlfriend and I would sometimes skip the condom and use the pull-out-and-shoot-on-stomach method. We weren't stupid enough to think that was really that effective, just stupid enough to not care that much. So one time, I pulled out, and didn't aim down far enough. It shot straight at her face...and she dodged it. Like the fuckin Matrix or something. Just tipped her head to one side a few inches.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Also, numerous studies have shown that condoms, on average, have a mechanical failure rate of around 2%. Add in the fact that a lot of people use them improperly (read: people are stupid) and the effectiveness is somewhere around 92% (IIRC...don't quote me on that). Still, it's the most effective STD barrier you'll find. If you're not into the long-term monogamy thing, condoms aremandatory.
    Maybe it's just me, but I always use a condom in addition with another BC method. Getting preggers is not an option. At all.
  • Years ago, when I was younger and stupider, my girlfriend and I would sometimes skip the condom and use the pull-out-and-shoot-on-stomach method. We weren't stupid enough to think that was really that effective, just stupid enough to not care that much. So one time, I pulled out, and didn't aim down far enough. It shot straight at her face...and she dodged it. Like the fuckin Matrix or something. Just tipped her head to one side a few inches.
    I lol'd. A few times over.
  • Have anyone besides me had the typical "someone walked in and hilarity ensued" situation?
  • edited August 2008
    Also, numerous studies have shown that condoms, on average, have a mechanical failure rate of around 2%. Add in the fact that a lot of people use them improperly (read: people are stupid) and the effectiveness is somewhere around 92% (IIRC...don't quote me on that). Still, it's the most effective STD barrier you'll find. If you're not into the long-term monogamy thing, condoms aremandatory.
    Maybe it's just me, but I always use a condom in addition with another BC method. Getting preggers is not an option. At all.
    Condom + other birth control is certainly the most effective way to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Generally, though, hormonal control alone > condom alone, in terms of efficacy. However, if your fear of the macro-parasite with a 9 month incubation period is very high, the combination of the two is the best bet.

EDIT: Zeehat: Sounds like muscle memory to me. :p
  • Have anyone besides me had the typical "someone walked in and hilarity ensued" situation?
    I walked in on my parents...Good thing I was older when it happened or my childhood would have been ruined. XD
  • edited August 2008
    This is not a problem in a long term relationship. My girlfriend and I both went for HIV and other STD checkups before changing birth control type.
    Yep. Regardless of whether or not I was in a relationship, I continued to say on birth control. When I would get into a relationship, we would use my birth control along with condoms before we would get tested.
    I have a thing with taking BCs because they mess with my body.
    I understand every female's body reacts differently to each form of birth control, but I have to ask, how many types of birth control have you used? Why didn't they work? Just curious.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited August 2008
    I have a thing with taking BCs because they mess with my body.
    I understand every female's body reacts differently to each form of birth control, but I have to ask, how many types of birth control have you used? Why didn't they work? Just curious.
    I haven't. I'm just scared to. I talked about it with my Doc but being that I'm very unstable in that region of my body I'm scared of the effect.
    Post edited by Viga on