This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A contest while we're out of town

Comments

• Not an entry, but so long as we're making fun Photoshops:
  • You turn to stone if you look at the world?
  • f I pick your avatar, I'll send you a GeekNights t-shirt.
    Wait a sec. Where are the shirts? Where can I buy one!
  • f I pick your avatar, I'll send you a GeekNights t-shirt.
    Wait a sec. Where are the shirts? Where can I buy one!
    They were on sale at Otakon. They will be on sale again at PAX on a pre-order basis only. We'll also sell them at the NYAF on Saturday on a pre-order basis. If there are any left, we will sell them online once we have an e-store.
  • Eryn's pic is the cover of The Rulebook of Scott Rubin.
  • Eryn's pic is the cover ofThe Rulebook of Scott Rubin.
    Yeah, that's what I was wanting it to refer to. Maybe not as a rulebook cover, but you get the idea. ;)
  • Why the block on the penis? Scott is all about the penises!
  • I wasn't sure whether I ought to or not, and decided to err on the safe side. XD;;
  • It's art. We see them in textbooks all the time. It's the only context people can look at penis freely without it being pron or their own.
  • Steal mine. It's totally rad.

Mother fuckin' Actraiser, and shit.
  • edited August 2008
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Mother fuckin' Actraiser, and shit.
    The wrong part of Actraiser.
  • So is there a winner? Or are all the submissions not worthy of the new Apreche avatar?
  • So is there a winner? Or are all the submissions not worthy of the new Apreche avatar?
    Yeah, nothing really excited me.
    Ok, I'm glad to see you guys are having fun with this, but keep in mind it is possible for there to be no winner at all.
  • I knew there was a possible chance of no winner at all. I wanted to hear it from Apreche, himself.
  • I knew there was a possible chance of no winner at all. I wanted to hear it from Apreche, himself.
    You can keep playing.
  • You can keep playing.
    Meh. When I feel motivated. Right now, I'd rather be reading comics and books, however work got in the way. -_-
  • I have an idea, but no real gumption to do it.
    But what if you did one of those Conan O’Brian face mix ups with The amazing Randi and Scott? It would look all fucked up, but I wonder if he would like it. Sadly I just have no free time at my house anymore, so using Photoshop is imposable for me... but maybe someone can use my idea and win a prize. I just would love to see the outcome.
    That's my icon!
  • edited September 2008
    I wasn't sure to go with the stubble or not.
    http://www.faceyourmanga.com/
    Post edited by Norvu on
  • edited September 2008
    He's supposed to be scowly! Failure!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I wasn't sure to go with the stubble or not.
    http://www.faceyourmanga.com/
    *chants* STUBBLE! STUBBLE!
  • edited September 2008
    Take Two:

Don't think it scaled down to 32x32 very well though. Tried to crop it in a way so that some detail remained.
    Post edited by Norvu on
  • I think the point is that I wanted to avoid using that site.
  • edited September 2008
    Found a cute little comic called "Trilobite" by Josh Frankel, and thought, "Hm... indie comic drawings + adorable trilobites = Scott would probably like!" So here's a little series of user icons made with various sample images available for the comic (which I'll probably buy later this week, when I'm not totally broke):

1. image image
    2. image image
    3. image image
    4. image image
    5. image image
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Found a cute little comic called "Trilobite" by Josh Frankel
    Oooooh! That actually gave me an idea.