This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A contest while we're out of town

13»

Comments

• image image
    image image
    image image
    imageimage

Pick a card, any card.
  • imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

Pick a card, any card.
    I choose.... this one! image
  • So, like I said, Eryn's trilobite avatars gave me an idea to make an avatar of something else.

The Bug Boy!

However, I am having trouble turning this image into a 32x32 avatar image that isn't pixellated and ugly. Can someone else utilize their Photoshop skills? Crop and scale, and do whatever.
  • edited September 2008
    image image
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • imageimage
    Hooray! How did you do it?
  • Photoshop Cropping, Resizing, and Intensity-fixing.
    Damn, just beaten.
  • edited September 2008
    Photoshop Cropping, Resizing, and Intensity-fixing.
    I croped and resized in the gimp, and it got all pixelly. I know not of this intensity-fixing.

Also, if it's not too much trouble, can I get some other sizes. Steam wants 100x100 at least. Sufficeotsay and twitter want 64x64, and they scale it down themselves.

This avatar stuff is a lot more work than it should be. You could make a business out of this.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited September 2008
    Photoshop is really, really good at pixel retention.

I worked on the intensity, which made the black lines pop out a bit more.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • image 100x100

image 64x64
  • So Eryn won the contest. Right?
  • Steam wants 100x100 at least.
    Is the largest version Steam displays 100x100? I thought it was bigger than that.
    So Eryn won the contest. Right?
    It has been decided(?).
  • So Eryn won the contest. Right?
    It has been decided(?).
    I guess if you people say so. She has a t-shirt already, so I guess I'm going to have to send "some comics or something".
  • Awww.. no luck on my side, then.
  • Awww.. no luck on my side, then.
    You can have something also. I'll make it two half prizes for a team effort.
  • I call dibs on the front-half of the shirt.
  • edited September 2008
    Hooray! Glad to have nudged you in a direction you wanted to go in. ^^
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Somewhat related: Is the site/forum going to get a favicon any time soon?
  • I guess if you people say so. She has a t-shirt already, so I guess I'm going to have to send "some comics or something".
    Wait, my word carries weight?! O.O... Exploitable~ :3
  • Oh mans, what about my mans?
  • Take Two:

Now give him a white lab quote, and you've got House.
  • Now give him a white lab quote, and you've got House.
    House doesn't wear labcoats, remember? There was an episode where Cuddy was bitching at him to wear a coat for some reason and he refused. But if you want that to be House, you have to at least change his eyes to a ridiculous shade of blue.
  • [T]o a ridiculous shade of blue.
    It's called 'Hollywood blue-eye'. A strange, well, lets call it disease for now. It seems to be harmless, but tests have been few and very far between. Advice is to not look directly into both eyes at once. The results might be potentially lethal. Testing this is hard on mice, so please give us some more time, and of course funding.