This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Suffice to Say

Comments

• From what I can gather you can also add RSS feeds to Laconi.ca. Will this be possible in the future on the FRC server?
    Everything will be possible. Pretend it is zombo.com.
    Right..

Is it possible to post to Laconi.ca with cUrl?
  • Is it possible to post to Laconi.ca with cUrl?
    I don't see why not. I'll figure out the infos for you, but you can also check http://laconi.ca.
  • I will support sufficetosay.frontrowcrew.com for the nth time.
  • What's Twitter?
  • Pretend it is zombo.com.
    Lulz. I actually visited zombo.com this weekend after I was feeling pretty blue about my projects.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm actually a really big fan of warmtoday.frontrowcrew.com, but sufficetosay is also good.

Edit: I'm adding a few after a bit of thought.

getthehelloffmyinternets.frontrowcrew.com
    banjen.frontrowcrew.com (Sorry, just saying)
    youcantblanktenblank.frontrowcrew.com

I know they were t-shirt ideas, but I think they carry over well.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I think sufficetosay is perfect, considering the nature of the site.
  • Yup, sufficetosay is probably as good as it's going to get, I think. That one just jumps out at me as simple, aesthetically pleasing, and very relevant to both FRC/GeekNights and the nature of the website.
  • edited September 2008
    youknow.frontrowcrew.com wouldn't be a bad choice either.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Another vote for sufficetosay, and I also took your advice on the Verisign OpenID; so far so good. I think this is what it took for me to finally get a twitter-type account.

My question would now be how I can integrate this with my iPhone, if that's even possible.
  • How about picking something from the "Rym's mind" thread?
  • edited September 2008
    -snip- Mispost.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I like stuff.frontrowcrew.com

However youknow and sufficetosay are awesome choices.
  • It's time for a poll. Scroll up.
    edited September 2008
    It's time for a poll. Scroll up.
    sufficetosay.frontrowcrew.com 2 3 13 23
    100 93 85%
    It's been decided. :D
    Post edited by ... on
  • I've found that a lot of programs that could have brought me to use Laconi.ca more often are completely useless, since they only support identi.ca. What's the point of creating and supporting an open standard when you lock your programs down to only one site?
  • I've found that a lot of programs that could have brought me to use Laconi.ca more often are completely useless, since they only support identi.ca. What's the point of creating and supporting an open standard when you lock your programs down to only one site?
    Yeah, I don't understand this at all. A lot of people making this programs don't understand what's going on. Don't worry, I'll take care of everything in good time.
  • Ok, laconica.frontrowcrew.com should stil work, but http://sufficetosay.frontrowcrew.com is the default.
  • Does laconi.ca have sms support? This is half of what I use twitter for.
  • Does laconi.ca have sms support? This is half of what I use twitter for.
    Yeah, we just have to get it working, eventually.
  • Thats pretty awesome! I will give it a try this weekend.
  • The red text at the top of the forum reflects old news.
  • Can you make it a link?
  • Hey, I noticed that there's an SMS tab in the settings of SufficetoSay, and the only thing stopping anyone from using it is that there are no carriers listed. How difficult is this to fix?
  • Hey, I noticed that there's an SMS tab in the settings of SufficetoSay, and the only thing stopping anyone from using it is that there are no carriers listed. How difficult is this to fix?
    Laconica is open source. Feel free to go and download the source and implement the feature.
  • I'm having a problem with subscribing to some people in sufficetosay.frontrowcrew.com. Most of the time when I subscribe to somebody all goes well, but in few cases I just get a error message saying "You can use the local subscription!".
    So if anyone knows a way around that problem I would be thankful.
  • I'm having a problem with subscribing to some people in sufficetosay.frontrowcrew.com. Most of the time when I subscribe to somebody all goes well, but in few cases I just get a error message saying "You can use the local subscription!".
    So if anyone knows a way around that problem I would be thankful.
    It's because those people signed up when the site was still laconica.frontrowcrew.com. Look at the URLs.
  • For those of you who who have or have not been paying attention. I just upgraded sufficetosay to version 0.6. It is awesome now. It's not perfect, but it's way awesome compared to what it was before. Now is the time to get in on this business. Just go to sufficetosay.frontrowcrew.com. The rest is easy.

The only problems we are having right now are that SMS does not work, and XMPP only works in one direction. I'm going to do my best to fix both of them soon.
  • Scott, could you add a link to StS on the forum sidebar and the front page?
  • Scott, could you add a link to StS on the forum sidebar and the front page?
    Wait for new website.