This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekRooms

Comments

• Finally got that Firefly poster I bought a Emerald City Comicon matted and framed. It's above the television. I'll try to take pictures of my living room later this.

• So, after six months I figured I should probably take some pictures of my room. Sorry it's so messy.

My desk was built by the previous tenant. It has a multitude of secret shelves and storage space.
    KONTROL ROOM

My small bookshelf next to the door, with IMPORTANT BAR THINGS.
    Bar Shelf

My bookshelves are not in any kind of discernable order.
    Books. On Shelves.

An angled view of my room, so you can see how everything fits together.
    Angled!

My bed and chair. I really need to get non-shitty curtains. These ones look like ass.
    Bed and chair.

Close view of my desk.
    Desktop
  • Is your room actually an underground bunker?
  • Nice typewriter...hipster.
  • That desk is certifiable badass
  • A few months ago I spotted a Facebook update by Jeremy Geddes about a new painting he had just completed. When I saw it for the first time I knew I just had to have it! It is called "A Perfect Vacuum", named for a science fiction story by Stanislav Lem.

I was lucky enough to buy a copy, as the limited edition prints sold out in about 2 minutes. If you check out Jeremy's website you'll see that he doesn't have a single print left for sale anywhere, so he obviously has plenty of other fans like me!

The size of the print is the same size as the original painting, which is perfect for art replication purposes, but the size is totally non-standard. I looked for a frame all over Berlin, but couldn't find anything over a meter wide.

Thankfully my girlfriend has an old friend who works as a picture framer. He gave her a good deal, and as birthday present she took the print, delivered it to the framer, and yesterday came back with the final result.

Which is just amazing! Framing a print or painting like this is obviously just as much of an art as painting or photography or printing. Once I hung it on my wall, and pointed the little spotlights on my ceiling lamp in the right direction, it looked like it had been transplanted from an art gallery.

As this is my second print from Jeremy, I decided to hang "Redemption" near by. And of course now I want a professional frame for that too, but I think I'll leave it as is. For now.

As a birthday gift, things don't get much better. Thanks Juliane!
  • I don't have a camera handy but I have all my cereal boxes stored beside my computer desk, it's really the best place for them.
  • edited August 2011
    New dorm room.
    imageimageimage
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Me dorm room this year.
  • Waiting to post my new room until I get some poster tack. The walls look so boringggg.
  • Waiting to post my new room until I get some poster tack. The walls look so boringggg.
    I hear ya there. I've got a couple posters at home but these walls are shitty and nice framed posters won't stay up. I think I may break out some old Nintendo Power posters next time I go home.
  • Alright, here's some pictures of my game room currently. Sorry for the terrible quality, camera phone. I won't embed the images so as to save your eyes.. and this is currently a work in progress, I've only been building it for a year or so.

Game Room!

Here's what it's got so far:

Gaming PC (2x LED monitors, Klipsch 2.1 speakers, neato keyboard and mouse, headphones & joystick)
    RC helicopter w/ controller
    Wired 360 controller for emulators
    RC car w/smart charger & batteries
    Bike rack that is currently holding 3 airsoft rifles
    Various computer parts
    NES/SNES/N64 with Bubble Bobble, Earthbound, Goldeneye
    Road bike that is currently not on the bike rack (don't ask me why... I don't know)
    Sumo pillow
    Stunt kite

My board game collection is in the other room with my HTPC, and I'm working on more wall art. Additionally, phase 2 is going to include a MAME arcade cabinet I'm currently building, and Phase 3 is a 37" TV with PS3, 360, and XBox (for Steel Battalion).
  • I'm also pondering replacing the crappy folding table that I'm using as a work area with a nicer lofted bed thingy with an underslung desk if I can find the right design. That might be phase 4 though.
  • Dude, you need to bump up the lighting in that room if you want us to be able to see damn near anything.
  • ...I just wanted it to be mysterious! Actually, you're right. The problem was that I had the window opened and was using a really crappy camera. I'll grab better shots tomorrow.
  • Messy living room. I mainly perch on the right side of the couch facing the tv as I knit.

• edited October 2011
    ALRIGHT! Got a good set of pictures now. Check it.

http://imgur.com/a/qF5ju

EDIT: link fu
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • My dorm/apartment room is starting to shape up.

• Those are some sweet Asteroid decals.
  • I have a new geekroom. Here are some pics. Full set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8485090@N08/sets/72157629478866081/

• edited February 2012
    Oops, double post.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Why do you not take your ponies out of their boxes?
  • edited February 2012
    I meant to, but I set them down on top of that shelf after I brought them home, left them to go dick around on the internet for a while, and then later decided they looked nice there the way they were. They add a wider splash of colour to the space, and they go with the bigger figures I keep in boxes there.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Browsing this thread for inspiration. Moved houses on Sunday and now I have an entire multi-room basement to turn into whatever sort of geek haven I want. Only thing standing in my way now is to actually unpack the rest of the house first.
  • Moved houses on Sunday and now I have an entire multi-room basement to turn into whatever sort of geek haven I want.
    Sex dungeon.

...oh wait, did I just say that out loud?

• Browsing this thread for inspiration. Moved houses on Sunday and now I have an entire multi-room basement to turn into whatever sort of geek haven I want. Only thing standing in my way now is to actually unpack the rest of the house first.
    Model trains!!
    Model trains!!
    Save that until you are at least 50 yrs old.

Instead, ALL THE LEGO.

Model trains!!
    Save that until you are at least 50 yrs old.

Instead, ALL THE LEGO.

I have approximately 2 cubic meters of LEGO waiting for Otto to develop sufficient digital dexterity to separate two flat 1x1 bricks.

• edited April 2012
    If he's as smart as you, he'll quickly figure out that he should use a shim of some sort.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited April 2012
    Sex Dungeon made out of LEGO, with model trains circulating, carrying lube and cold drinks.
    Post edited by Churba on