This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Why do most people here hate Morio-kun?

13»

Comments

• She spurred discussion at every turn, even if her claims were laughable and lacked citation.
    My god. Jen was not clever and did not do anything other than follow the simple step-by-step guide about how to troll. If troll-spurring a discussion equals contributing on this forum please shoot me now.
  • I enjoyed Jen. It was very obvious, and very over the top, but it was fun. I mean, she shot my art down with a Rob Leifeld drawing. Can't beat that.
  • To bring it back to the no Firefox discussion and sysadmins freaking about it, The school keeps having trouble with network as of late and it's because the sysadmin is some Cisco cert. and Windows Network all the way kind of guy and is clearly untrained to handle new technology. When I hear about what the specific problems are from my computer science teacher, most of the problems are due to the fact that he dosen't want to learn anything else, so he just uses outdated software and hardware. Last I heard, he was using some old ass version of Windows Network software,.NET? , I'm talking 5 or more years old and has yet to be updated.

For my Senior prank, I'm going to get a copy of 'Linux Servers for Dummies' book and shove it in his mailbox.
  • Last I heard, he was using some old ass version of Windows Network software,.NET?
    .NET is THE application development framework for Windows. it's actually pretty powerful, intuitive and absurdly fast to code with. The only real cons are that it's in no way open source, and can be pretty resource intensive unless you're modeling specifically for smartphones.
  • edited October 2008
    Same way with my school's sysadmins. The behind the scenes guy (who actually does most of the work, from what I've heard) isn't all that bad. But the person that calls the shots (programming teacher, other tech admin, etc) is one who refuses to learn new things. She absolutely refuses to get Vista on all the OLD computers because she's afraid of having to learn something new.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • She absolutely refuses to get Vista on all the OLD computers because she's afraid of having to learn something new.
    Are you sure that she doesn't want to get Vista for the old computers because the licensing is absurdly expensive and an unnecessary expenditure when taxpayers are footing the bill? And because Vista is a resource hog that has backward-compatibility issues and no real saving grace in a utilitarian setting like a school? Hmmmm?
  • edited October 2008
    She absolutely refuses to get Vista on all the OLD computers because she's afraid of having to learn something new.
    Are you sure that she doesn't want to get Vista for the old computers because the licensing is absurdly expensive and an unnecessary expenditure when taxpayers are footing the bill? And because Vista is a resource hog that has backward-compatibility issues and no real saving grace in a utilitarian setting like a school? Hmmmm?
    No, it must be that she refuses Vista because she's old and therefore she is stupid. Isn't that how the meme goes? Aren't all students smarter than their teachers?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • If the computers are old and you put Vista on them their are gonna be so slow...
    Why don't they install some Edubuntu thingy or reinstall Win 98, I'm sure the computers could handle it much more.
  • Don't install Win98 on anything that isn't going to be completely isolated from all sources of data. Edubuntu would be worth trying out.
  • If the computers are old and you put Vista on them their are gonna be so slow...
    Well, true, especially considering the computers are old Dells with 512MB of RAM.
    But it sure as hell isn't like our school is short on cash...
  • But it sure as hell isn't like our school is short on cash...
    Not like mine? Which occupies 2000 students and has 100€ ($132,98) to spend on everything IT for one whole year?
  • edited October 2008
    If the computers are old and you put Vista on them their are gonna be so slow...
    Well, true, especially considering the computers are old Dells with 512MB of RAM.
    Please tell me what state you live in.
    Post edited by csrjjsmp on
    Then lower taxes.
    Then lower taxes.
    The correct comment would be 'Use it for good, improve your local education system'.
  • Please tell me what state you live in.
    Ohio. I'm a senior right now. Those Dells have been there since I went to open house in 8th grade. They may even be older...I'm not sure.
    <_<

And I don't go to a public school. Taxes don't affect it. Tuition is like 8 grand, though, which is why I say it's not like we have a cash shortage.
  • Those Dells have been there since I went to open house in 8th grade.
    In eighth grade, I was writing papers on an Apple IIGS. This was the year 2000. You have no right to bitch.
    Why don't they install some Edubuntu thingy or reinstall Win 98, I'm sure the computers could handle it much more.
    The only thing smart our sysadmin guy ever did was buy Intel core 2 duo's and take Vista off and put XP on it. Apparently it was cheaper to do that than to buy it with XP installed.
    The most shocking thing this year that he's done is fixing the Web Design computers in less than 2 days, it use to be at least a week whenever there is a problem.
  • I think Morio-kun takes the place of the character in most anime that is the comic relief. His avatar suits him well.
  • I think Morio-kun takes the place of the character in most anime that is the comic relief. His avatar suits him well.
    Yeah. I think the faceless entity and Morio-kun make a good manzai duo.
  • In eighth grade, I was writing papers on an Apple IIGS.This was the year 2000.
    Sweet zombie Jesus. Those things still work?
  • In eighth grade, I was writing papers on an Apple IIGS.This was the year 2000.
    I have one in the closet that works.
  • edited October 2008
    In eighth grade, I was writing papers on an Apple IIGS.This was the year 2000.
    I have one in the closet that works.
    I have two in my basement. They're tanks, in terms of reliability, weight and armor (the chassis is needlessly thick). The only problem you'll have is finding replacement disks; they'll start to decay over time unless you're careful to place them in an airtight static bag.
    Post edited by Lusankya on