This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• How did they work?
    Painfully.
  • How did they work?
    He doesn't know how to use the three seashells. hehehe
  • I kinda want this to pass, if only to see if any Salt Speakeasys start popping up.
    Chicago did that for foie gras. One guy (who has a hot dog joint rated one of Zagat's top 100 restaurants in the world) started serving foie gras and sauternes duck sausage with truffle aioli, foie gras mousse and fleur de sel, with a side of fries cooked in rendered duck fat. Another guy started selling loaves of gourmet bread for outrageous sums, and then "giving away" the foie gras with it "for free." Eventually the city got tired of being pissed, realized it couldn't enforce the ban, and let people eat more delicious liver.

Oh, and Hot Doug's is INCREDIBLE, if you're ever in the area and want that foie gras dog. Their other specials and regular menu are equally mindblowing, so check those out.
  • Oh, and Hot Doug's isINCREDIBLE, if you're ever in the area and want that foie gras dog. Their other specials and regular menu are equally mindblowing, so check those out.
    You had me at "The Sausage Superstore and Encased Meat Emporium"..
  • Do to a double failure of rather epic proportions, an entire FLOOR of my building has been exposed to a live multi-drug resistant strain of TB. (MDR-TB)
  • Jesus Christ. I had a dream last night about Weeping Angels. On the other hand, I finally mastered dream-flying.
  • Jesus Christ. I had a dream last night aboutWeeping Angels. On the other hand, I finally mastered dream-flying.
    Man, that episode was so fucking good. Best of the new series (that I've seen so far).
  • As I discovered in my dream, they can pretty much move anywhere in three dimensions, but if you look at them while they're in the air, they'll drop... like a rock. Fairly useful knowledge.
  • Do to a double failure of rather epic proportions, an entire FLOOR of my building has been exposed to a live multi-drug resistant strain of TB.(MDR-TB)
    Watch out that you don't get Fully sick.
  • Do to a double failure of rather epic proportions, an entire FLOOR of my building has been exposed to a live multi-drug resistant strain of TB.
    Oh wow. Is somebody going to get fired over that?
  • Note to self: do not be near a coughing Wyatt.
  • Do to a double failure of rather epic proportions, an entire FLOOR of my building has been exposed to a live multi-drug resistant strain of TB.(MDR-TB)
    Damn it man, I have to share a hotel room with you in 2 weeks.
    Damn it man, I have to share a hotel room with you in 2 weeks.
    And yea, he did bless his lungs with TB, and they became holey.
  • And yea, he did bless his lungs with TB, and they became holey.
    *rimshot*
  • edited March 2010
    Do to a double failure of rather epic proportions, an entire FLOOR of my building has been exposed to a live multi-drug resistant strain of TB.(MDR-TB)
    Could be worse. XDR requires chemotherapy last I checked; they basically just poison the shit out of you for two years and hope it kills the bacteria.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I've got no idea if people are going to be fired. They're is a good chance of most of them ending up in the hospital for a rather long time.

Mistake 1: Someone did not heat kill the live TB sample.
    Mistake 2: Someone decided to open a specimen container outside of a biosaftey cabinet.

I should be fine. I work 4 floors away and they have their own air circulation unit.
    On the upside, I hear TB may need some new people soon....
  • I've got no idea if people are going to be fired. They're is a good chance of most of them ending up in the hospital for a rather long time.
    Waiting for those TB test results is going to be terrifying.
  • edited March 2010
    I should be fine. I work 4 floors away and they have their own air circulation unit.
    That's good to hear. ^_^
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I clicked before I noticed that it was a link to a /b/ image. Luckily the 4chan leech image had my back.
  • edited March 2010
    This is why you DON'T FUCKING GO ONTO THE SUBWAY TRACKS. Don't drop your shit over the edge, and if you do, leave it down there or bloody well be able to get out of the way when a train comes!
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • This is why youDON'T FUCKING GO ONTO THE SUBWAY TRACKS. Don't drop your shit over the edge, and if you do, leave it down there or bloody well be able to get out of the way when a train comes!
    Here's a hint: the yellow lines on the platform mean DON'T COME ANY CLOSER YOU FUCKING IDIOTS! That is why they have those fucking yellow lines! TO KEEP SHIT LIKE THIS FROM HAPPENING!
  • edited March 2010
    OMG A FEMALE FOOTBALL COACH WTF BBQ !!!!ONEONEONE!!ELEVENTY1!
    First woman High School Football Coach? Okay, she's the first, but she was an accomplished athlete before that.
    Seriously, If you stop making such a big deal, it wont be a big deal.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • First woman High School Football Coach? Okay, she's the first, but she was an accomplished athlete before that.
    This remind me of a great, only marginally related story about a female gym teacher who was attacked (I think it was an attempted rape) in the locker room after school hours one day, and she beat the living shit out of the guy -- because she was a former champion wrestler, and in training for MMA. I love stories like that.
  • edited March 2010
    First woman High School Football Coach? Okay, she's the first, but she was an accomplished athlete before that.
    This remind me of a great, only marginally related story about a female gym teacher who was attacked (I think it was an attempted rape) in the locker room after school hours one day, and she beat the living shit out of the guy -- because she was a former champion wrestler, and in training for MMA. I love stories like that.
    On a slightly unrelated note: Go female wrestlers! We can crush rib-cages with our thighs!
    (Yes, I did... it was an accident.)
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • On a slightly unrelated note: Go female wrestlers!
    I know, huh! I'm a huge supporter of women in any traditionally male sports, as well as of women learning functional fighting styles/combat sports (as opposed to the "women's self-defense", yell-and-kick-balls stuff). I got my girlfriend to start judo with me recently, and she's really enjoying it, which is awesome.
    We can crush rib-cages with our thighs!
    You realize that this invites all sorts of conjecture.
  • On a slightly unrelated note: Go female wrestlers! We can crush rib-cages with our thighs!
    Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, you are Chun-Li? I warrant it wasn't an accident then.
  • On a slightly unrelated note: Go female wrestlers! We can crush rib-cages with our thighs!
    Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, you are Chun-Li? I warrant it wasn't an accident then.
    I just have wicked strong leg muscles and I used my legs to in place of my arms for a lot of the moves to compensate for my comparatively weaker upper body strength. Also, it really was an accident. You have to "pin to win" and the dude kept squirming, so I couldn't get the proper portion of his back on the mat. I had him between my thighs, so I squeezed my thighs as I tipped over and rolled his upper back into the mat. Unfortunately, I broke two of his ribs. I felt horrible, but he gave no indication of stress or pain until after the match.
  • Last night the equivalent of Hurricane Fran came through here and knocked out power for most of the county. They expect to have power restored for "some" customers by 10 pm.