This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• As a guy who used to fixed punctured tires, you simply wouldn't believe some of the things you find in tires. I still can't fathom how most of it gets there.
    When I was 15 I learned the quickest way to make an enemy out of a tire jockey is to use that aerosol puncture sealant.
  • When I was 15 I learned the quickest way to make an enemy out of a tire jockey is to use that aerosol puncture sealant.
    I still used it regularly: I just never took a car to the same tire place in the same year or so... ;^)
  • When I was 15 I learned the quickest way to make an enemy out of a tire jockey is to use that aerosol puncture sealant.
    I still used it regularly: I just never took a car to the same tire place in the same year or so... ;^)
    Can only do that so many times in South Dakota. :o
  • Fail: Seeing a friend for the last time in what's probably going to be years.
    This, exactly the same, and a hundred other things. But above all, this.
  • Fail: Seeing a friend for the last time in what's probably going to be years.
    This, exactly the same, and a hundred other things. But above all, this.
    Don't worry, I'll be rootin' for ya dude.
  • Fail: I just bought Mirrors Edge as an Impulse buy. Also, My computer believes it's battery is borked. I'll have to check this.
  • That game is worth £3 at the very least.
  • That game is worth £3 at the very least.
    Is it that bad?
  • Fail: I just bought Mirrors Edge as an Impulse buy. Also, My computer believes it's battery is borked. I'll have to check this.
    I must admit, as much as many people shit on mirror's edge, I love that game.
  • Mirror's Edge is great, especially for $5.
    I must admit, as much as many people shit on mirror's edge, I love that game.
    It's something fresh and different. It has it's problems, but too many people wanted to do the achievement where you don't shoot a single bullet on your first their first try. Also, I love how brightly coloured it is although at times it's way too bright.
  • Well the fail was mostly that I succumbed to impulse.
  • It's something fresh and different. It has it's problems, but too many people wanted to do the achievement where you don't shoot a single bullet on your first their first try. Also, I love how brightly coloured it is although at times it's way too bright.
    Oh, I won't say it wasn't arse at times - Also, the parkour mechanic could be fiddly - sometimes, you approach an obstacle at just slightly the wrong angle, and instead of, say, vaulting onto it, you do a wall-run along it, and fall to your death. And the extreme brightness when you were outside could sometimes be really irritating.
  • Arghh. Not working is very quickly driving me insane. I've been applying to places every day, but so far not many leads.
  • edited June 2010
    So I wandered into the TribesNext forum today and now, any complaints I have about Rym and Scott taking games too seriously now seem insignificant. What has been seen cannot be forgotten.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I lost my wallet.
  • I lost my wallet.
    Have you deactivated and replaced all the necessary cards?
  • Fail of my day: Campers who don't shower. To be expected at a computer camp, I suppose, but still... Seriously, dudes?
  • Fail of my day: Campers who don't shower. To be expected at a computer camp, I suppose, but still... Seriously, dudes?
    Is hosing them off an option? Maybe a cleanish lake nearby?
  • Fail: AC is not working in my classroom and it's a billion degrees in here.
    Fail the Second: Even though I send the yearbook pictures to myself in Photoshop format in case there were problems, something happened and now I can't edit any single one of them. I had to save them all to .JPG's in order for the program to let me do anything to them.
    Fail in the Third Degree: My boss apparently can't view the .jpg's on her computer, which I e-mailed to her this morning.
    Fail del Quatro: She told me about 30 minutes ago via e-mail.
    Ultra-Fail: To quote her e-mail, "I don't have enough whatevers on my computer to see most of the pictures."
  • edited June 2010
    Adam, print out a mock-up for her review. If you print it in draft, it shouldn't use too much ink. Also, I can run home on my lunch break and re-send anything you need, just let me know ASAP.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Adam, print out a mock-up for her review. If you print it in draft, it shouldn't use too much ink. Also, I can run home on my lunch break and re-send anything you need, just let me know ASAP.
    OR you could tell her to stop being a whiny little bitch and SUCK IT UP because you are the person who knows art and design, not her!

...but yeah, Kate's suggestion is probably best for the "keeping your job" plan.
  • OR you could tell her to stop being a whiny little bitch and SUCK IT UP because you are the person who knows art and design, not her!

...but yeah, Kate's suggestion is probably best for the "keeping your job" plan.
    The "keep your job plan" is by far the wiser plan. Also, by doing the year book, he earns some extra currency, so putting up with the hassle is somewhat worthwhile.
  • OR you could tell her to stop being a whiny little bitch and SUCK IT UP because you are the person who knows art and design, not her!

The "keep your job plan" is by far the wiser plan. Also, by doing the year book, he earns some extra currency, so putting up with the hassle is somewhat worthwhile.
    I already printed black and white mock-ups for her, she had a bunch of small changed for me to do.
  • My digestive system has politely informed me that I can no longer eat like college student anymore.
  • My grandfather was taken to hospital with a suspected mini-stroke. Turns out it was worse than that, and has been moved to a different hospital because of a brain hemorrhage. He might die tonight.
  • My grandfather was taken to hospital with a suspected mini-stroke. Turns out it was worse than that, and has been moved to a different hospital because of a brain hemorrhage. He might die tonight.
    This really sucks, however generally people always look WAY worse then they are in these situations so here's hoping he pulls through!
  • You have my sympathies, Luke.
  • This really sucks, however generally people always look WAY worse then they are in these situations so here's hoping he pulls through!
    He was already feeling bad, but my mother didn't take him to the hospital for a day and a half, which means it was already a lot worse than it was in this situation. He's 89 years old though, so he's due a stint in the hospital/morgue.
  • Hope your grandfather's okay, Luke.
    Is hosing them off an option? Maybe a cleanish lake nearby?
    I doubt either of these options are viable, unfortunately. We're not even allowed to play water games (e.g., Super Soakers) by the insurance company. Didn't see (smell) too much of a problem today, but we'll see what happens as our overnighters in one or two days. Staffers are told via our online manual/wiki that Tuesday night is "Hygiene Night," and everyone HAS to shower that night (or Wednesday morning). Not sure how we'll enforce it. Probably raffle tickets.