This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• The problem occurs when they're likely to shoot those around them in the process.
  • I'm worrying more and more that the only way to disavow these people of their ludicrous political stances is to let them stew in their own juices.
    Welcome to my school of "I don't care, it's not my state" thought.
  • Uploading 5MB images to flickr at a whopping 56KB/s.
  • Fail: When companies say: "Works with Vista/7." when they mean "Will only print/scan at the absolute lowest settings in Vista/7."
  • Chest pain/heart burn/WTF body!
    Heart attack? ;^)

Or dehydration coupled with chronic lack of sleep. Both cause that pretty reliably, even faster if alcohol is involved.
    Stop eating greasy foods and take a Tums of Alka-seltzer. ^_~
  • Heart attack? ;^)
    This is pretty common in my life actually, I'd surely be dead by now if it was anything to do with my heart. Much like Nuri, I am teh broken as a human being. :P

You may actually be on to something to the dehydration/sleep cause I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted last night and I've drank a bunch of water without really needing to go to the bathroom.
    Stop eating greasy foods and take a Tums of Alka-seltzer. ^_~
    I've taken 4 now. The first 2 made things better for a little bit and then it hurt again. So I took two more which had much the same effect. Maybe I have some wicked acid reflux going on.
  • I've taken 4 now. The first 2 made things better for a little bit and then it hurt again. So I took two more which had much the same effect. Maybe I have some wicked acid reflux going on.
    Seems like now is a good time to go see your doctor again and get another set of labs done to check your cholesterol and blood pressure along with tests to see if you have GERD.
  • This is pretty common in my life actually, I'd surely be dead by now if it was anything to do with my heart. Much like Nuri, I am teh broken as a human being. :P
    That makes the three of us - I stunned Jeanie(she's heard all the jokes) the other day because my knee locked while I was trying to stand up from a crouch. The cure? Hit it till it works.
  • Drink less Alcohol you'll feel better :-p
  • Drink lessmore Alcohol you'll feel better :-p
  • DrinklessmoreAlcohol you'll feel betterless :-p
    My Macbook Pro started making spinny click-click death noise from the top-right which, if the internet is to be trusted, indicate impending HDD catastrophe. So now I've got to renew my backup on external drives that are themselves being sketchy. AND I can't afford to replace anything until the fall semester when the government sees fit to give me more monies.
  • My mom didn't like Toy Story 3. When we were leaving the theatre, she asked me "what was the part everyone cried at?" as I was wiping the tears from my face, sniffling, and cleaning the tear drops from my glasses. I explained the ending and what it meant to me and she just didn't get it.
  • My mom didn't like Toy Story 3. When we were leaving the theatre, she asked me "what was the part everyone cried at?" as I was wiping the tears from my face, sniffling, and cleaning the tear drops from my glasses. I explained the ending and what it meant to me and she just didn't get it.
    All media is subjective.
    All media is subjective.
    It is, but I don't think that's the problem in this case.
  • It is, but I don't think that's the problem in this case.
    I know, I'm just saying. It shouldn't be a personal fail, just a reason to be disappointed in the person who, say, dislikes Akira.
  • edited June 2010
    My mom didn't like Toy Story 3. When we were leaving the theatre, she asked me "what was the part everyone cried at?" as I was wiping the tears from my face, sniffling, and cleaning the tear drops from my glasses. I explained the ending and what it meant to me and she just didn't get it.
    All mediaEverything is subjective.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Everythingis subjective.
    Um.
    All mediaEverythingis subjective. Subjectivity is everything.
  • edited June 2010
    My mom didn't like Toy Story 3. When we were leaving the theatre, she asked me "what was the part everyone cried at?" as I was wiping the tears from my face, sniffling, and cleaning the tear drops from my glasses. I explained the ending and what it meant to me and she just didn't get it.
    All mediaEverythingis subjective.Everything is subjectivity.Subjectivity is everything.
    Are you saying you hate black people?
    Post edited by Walker on
  • It is, but I don't think that's the problem in this case.
    I know, I'm just saying. It shouldn't be a personal fail, just a reason to be disappointed in the person who, say, dislikes Akira.
    Would that fail be on the grounds that said person did not get it or was offended by what they saw on the screen (or both)?
    All mediaEverythingis subjective.Everything is subjectivity.Subjectivity is everything.
    Are you saying you hate black people?
    No. Are you accusing me of hating black people?
    It is, but I don't think that's the problem in this case.
    Would that fail be on the grounds that said person did not get it or was offended by what they saw on the screen (or both)?
    Probably the latter. Or if they just found it boring or confusing. You get a mulligan for the first time you see Akira. Same thing with Satoshi Kon's stuff.
  • No. Are you accusing me of hating black people?
    I thought you made it pretty obvious in this thread, but I suppose everything is subjective.
  • Counter-Strike Source really did go through with adding achievements to the game...
  • JoeJoe
    edited June 2010
    Was getting ready for bed, I don't wear underwear ...

Zipper + penis = pain
    Post edited by Joe on
  • So, 7 train service was suspended into Manhattan this morning due to some sort of medical emergency at Vernon Jackson station. No big deal.

Just now, I poke around the news to see what happened, and I find this completely unrelated crazy-ass suicide that happened yesterday on the 7.

1. Obsessive dude kills woman and her dogs with gas and stabbing.
    2. Dude attempts suicide in massive car accident.
    3. Dude survives car accident.
    4. Dude runs to the 7 station and lies on the tracks in his second suicide attempt.

Bear in mind that this subway suicide was entirely unrelated to the medical emergency that I was looking for on the same line.
  • So, 7 train service was suspended into Manhattan this morning due to some sort of medical emergency at Vernon Jackson station. No big deal.
    HAHAHAHAHA,where is your awesome public transit now!
  • HAHAHAHAHA,where is your awesome public transit now!
    I took the N to the 6 to Grand Central. Added about 10 minutes to my commute. We have redundant routes. ;^)
  • Curses, foiled again!