This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Eh seems fine to me. Also I guess I don't really see where you "failed".
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • You didn't really fail here, I think the problem was that you had your helpful coworkers trying to push it along faster than you wanted to go, rather than just letting it develop naturally.
  • Seems mostly like your friends fucked it up and make it awkward, not you.
  • edited July 2012
    The fail was pretty much entirely on the part of your friends.
    EDIT: Doubly ninja'd, but that's cool.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Yeah, after bowling they realized they messed up and they apologized for it on Monday. I think is my fail because I could have stop them and I didn't. I think part of me wanted to play that "game". Now, I feel powerless on not being able to make things just like the way they were on week one.
    I am trying to make things more amicable by inviting her to an Argentinian concert next week, she seems kind of interested from her last text. So lets see what happens. In the mean time I will keep playing "Braid" for a little while more.
  • I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.
  • My local post office has had my copy of Eclipse sitting on a shelf for two weeks, and they only now thought to mention it to me.
  • Dicks, I'm sure they know how much you like Twilight.
  • I didn't know eclipse wasn't free. I've been downloading that IDE for years.
  • Didn't know you were such a big Journey fan.
  • ...why the hell did you mail order some chewing gum?
  • I'm just surprised that they fit a whole eclipse in a post office. Must have been a mighty small solar system.
  • Where the fuck did you find a mail-order 19th-century British naval cruiser.
  • I didn't know you were a fan of K. A. Bedford.
  • Interesting. I've never tried to have an astronomical event mailed to me before. What does the postage look like?
  • edited July 2012
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2012
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • This isn't really a huge fail, because I wasn't really looking forward to the game especially, but seriously, Gearbox, you can't play as a female marine in the new "Aliens" game? You know, the game based on the franchise with all those awesome female characters? Like, I dunno, Ripley?!
  • This isn't really a huge fail, because I wasn't really looking forward to the game especially, but seriously, Gearbox, you can't play as a female marine in the new "Aliens" game? You know, the game based on the franchise with all those awesome female characters? Like, I dunno, Ripley?!
    Well, she Wasn't a marine, but How about Vasquez? Dietrich? Ferro, the pilot? Make up a new one, since they're going to anyway for NPCs? It's certainly a failing.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah, what about Vasquez~? I remember the movies had a bunch of strong female characters, many of whom were marines.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • No joke, Vasquez was my favorite marine. Quick, funny, tough as nails, skilled at what she does, what's not to like?
  • Hudson: "Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"
    Vasquez: "No. Have you?"

Now I need to watch Aliens again. :D

• Ferro was my favorite. I am not much into Hispanic women, which is why I don't really dig Vasquez.
  • edited July 2012
    Ferro was my favorite. I am not much into Hispanic women, which is why I don't really dig Vasquez.
    Uhh, you can't think a female character is the coolest without finding them physically attractive?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Attractiveness helps. Besides, I respect the skill of a pilot more than I respect combat prowess so... ;-)

Vasquez does have a quick wit though, which I like.
  • edited July 2012
    (-_-) Judging female characters mostly by their hotness is part of the problem and why we can't have nice things.
    Also, the scene where Vasquez and Gorman put their hands on the grenade and blow up together, where she looks at him kindly and says "You always were an asshole, Gorman." That's a good scene.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • (-_-) Judging female characters mostly by their hotness is part of the problem and why we can't have nice things.
  • edited July 2012
    Why do I feel I'm being painted into a corner for one off handed remark....? I've been called many a thing in my day but sexist isn't one of them. >_<
    Post edited by Dromaro on