This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Aaaand, now Hasbro is citing multiple episodes of Radio Free Equestria as infringing. I'm writing a lot of legal disputes lately...
  • Aaaand, now Hasbro is citing multiple episodes of Radio Free Equestria as infringing. I'm writing a lot of legal disputes lately...
    Welcome to the reason why my producing pals hate YouTube, even when they are under fair use bots will ruin your day.
  • So post shower I thought everything was working well. Got into bed for early bed and the fucking thing partially dislocates, and then the muscles seize up trapping it. So I had to punch the stupid thing back in whilst a house mate pressed on the back to make sure that it didn't over shoot. The dumb thing is now spasming with pain and next to useless. Looks like I need to go back to hospital.
  • Aaaaand I'm older.
  • Aaaaand I'm older.
    Appropriate username.
  • Panic attack at school today. Got dismissed early.
  • That really sucks (especially now that I know that feel), feel better soon.
    Know that feel. I have them during classes and at parties all the time. The key thing (for me) in learning to have a panic attack silently and without a scene is to really focus on and control your breathing. It'll still be uncomfortable and really terrifying, but you'll be able to function in a way that appears normal to anyone who hasn't had a panic attack.
    Know that feel. I have them during classes and at parties all the time. The key thing (for me) in learning to have a panic attack silently and without a scene is to really focus on and control your breathing. It'll still be uncomfortable and really terrifying, but you'll be able to function in a way that appears normal to anyone who hasn't had a panic attack.
    Yeah. Fortunately, it didn't start until the last ~10 minutes of class, so I kept under peoples radar until the end of the period. Then I went to the spec. ed. room where I can just collapse.
  • Gotta RMA a new motherboard because the audio jacks seem to have stopped working. The sound card still works, just the sound doesn't go in or out.

And now I can't really play video games for a week.
  • Update your drivers?
  • Update your drivers?
    Already tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating, no more dice. I should note that it's also stopped working in Linux.
  • edited January 2013
    I got hit in the face with an AK47 earlier today and it hurt like a bitch. I guess this just goes to show that even an unloaded gun can be dangerous.
    Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • edited January 2013
    I got hit in the face with an AK47 earlier today and it hurt like a bitch. I guess this just goes to show that even an unloaded gun can be dangerous.
    Well, that is about 4 kilos of wood and metal, it's gonna leave a mark. How the hell did you manage that, anyway?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I suspect the spring attacked him.
  • I got hit in the face with an AK47 earlier today and it hurt like a bitch. I guess this just goes to show that even an unloaded gun can be dangerous.
    Well, that is about 4 kilos of wood and metal, it's gonna leave a mark. How the hell did you manage that, anyway?
    Gunsmith was standing behind me with the damn thing sticking up over his shoulder, then we turned around at the same time. He's short, and so face met barrel.

I'm totally bragging that is survived getting hit by an AK for a while. That outta get a few good laughs.

• This is such abject fucking head-up-it's-own-arse nonsense that it's not even worth putting in the Gun control thread.
    Gunsmith was standing behind me with the damn thing sticking up over his shoulder, then we turned around at the same time. He's short, and so face met barrel.
    Fuck, ouch.

• While I think that some of the toxic bullshit associated with masculinity in our culture is probably a part of what makes these instances of highly public massacres and shit, that article seriously has a lot of bullshit essentialism, scare-mongering and gender woo. There are questions there that should be asked, but the author of that piece is definitely not equipped to be asking any of them.
  • That's dumb as shit, but it makes me want to read genuine gender theory on the topic of violence. I see societal pressures towards violent behavior in men, and I see the opposite pressures for women. There is something there.
  • The turbotax refund estimator thinks I might get almost $3K back. I hope this isn't right.
  • edited January 2013
    The turbotax refund estimator thinks I might get almost $3K back. I hope this isn't right.
    Why? You wanted 10k back? :P

Blegh I need to get around to doing mine >.<
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • No, I just hope my federal wasn't that far a stray. That's like $250 extra a month. Put my info in the real Turbotax and it looks like I'm getting about $1000 back. Which is more correct, but I'll need to fiddle with my withholding.
  • edited January 2013
    After a careful reading of the rulebook, Rym has determined that we have been playing Glory to Rome incorrectly. We got one rule wrong - and it's a pretty significant one.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • After a careful reading of the rulebook, Rym has determined that we have been playing Glory to Rome incorrectly. We got one rule wrong - and it's a pretty significant one.
    And that is?
  • edited January 2013
    You can have multiple buildings on the same kind of site in progress at the same time. The only building restrictions are:

1. You cannot start a building if you already have a copy of that building completed or as a foundation (with the exception of the Statue).

2. You cannot start a building if the site has been completely run out (or if you don't have enough actions to build on an out-of-town site).

The Gate is now ludicrously powerful.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • What the hell? Did Jabrams just make up half the rules he taught us or what?
  • What the hell? Did Jabrams just make up half the rules he taught us or what?
    It was a Zionist plot to bring down Rome. Why do you think they killed Jesus?

• I read this as I was listening to Talkin World War 3 Blues. Shits scary.
  • Just received my first property threat ever. ♪~I guess this is growing up~♪