This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• The forum where I run my play by post games has had yet another database corruption, this time having to restore backups from three months ago. This has always been an issue with this forum. I'm very frustrated. How do you, after ten years of seeing the consequences, not have good backups?
  • By not caring. ;)
  • I forgot to report my wages this summer so Social Security gave me $2,400 more than I was eligible for and they'll be taking that out of my checks in $73 increments. The fail is that I only made $1,200 in the first place.
  • I should have listened to Luke's song. Went through a 5 year relationship in 3 days. FML.
  • God if only you knew man. The kicker is the poor girl has had a miserable time of it, and I really do want try and help. But she is as mad as a box of frogs.
  • It's not your job to help!
  • Yeeeeah I know.
  • A large number of my students in my computer classes are currently failing because they refuse to do, or hand in work. Some think they are clever, and are submitting blank documents to Google Classroom, marking them as done, and calling it a day.

The hammer is getting dropped this weekend. Grades shall fall, and rivers of tears will run.
  • I don't comprehend how anyone could think that could work?
  • Kids can be surprisingly stupid.
  • Kids think adults are surprisingly stupid.
  • Unfortunately, sometimes they are correct.
  • They are coming in from city school districts, and most are new to charter. I'll whip em into shape. A majority of parents do not screw around at this school.
  • They are coming in from city school districts, and most are new to charter. I'll whip em into shape. A majority of parents do not screw around at this school.

They're paying for their kids to be there so they better not screw around.
  • Aren't charter schools tuition-free because they get government money?
  • Just a shitter of the day. Nothing gets the day off to a good start than finding out an 18 year old died from a brain tumour.
  • Someone actually told me this
  • edited October 2016
    FYI the name is totally readable.
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Whelp, I guess I just have to trust you and my five Twitter followers to not raid his page or something.
  • Greg, you're the last dude who needs to read more history. Like just by being yourself and knowing what you know you demonstrate that you know more about our nations founding than, lets say your average bear. Anyone who can't see that is outright blind.
  • Saying history books, but not clarifying, is kinda amusing.
  • Daikun said:
    Hopefully ScoJo's dad uses Yahoo.
  • hahaha, no I set him up with Gmail a few years ago to get him off AOL.
  • edited October 2016
    Well, Samsung killed off the Note 7. They've told all users to turn off theirs immediately. Which sucks for me because not only do I have one, but I've been looking forward to it for a while since I owned both the note 5 and 4 and loved them both.

Now the question is: Do I heed their warning and go exchange my phone or do I risk the chance that mine is one of the small number of them that might halt and catch fire?

I'm kidding, There is no question. I sleep on the floor next to this thing and my house is carpeted.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Guess it's time to give the Google Pixel a shot.
  • Haha. AHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Search /r/anime on Twitter to see my day yesterday.
  • I had to eat 4 bananas in half an hour for a video.
  • Amp said:

I had to eat 4 bananas in half an hour for a video.

Is that... difficult? I put three bananas in a milkshake and drink that in, like, 2 minutes.