This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I regret nothing.
  • I regret nothing.
    Don't get the impression that I do. I was just completing the meme, as it were.
  • The heat in my apartment is very effective. ^_^
  • edited October 2009
    Earlier tonight, I got to play my first Video game in more than 12 months, and as a bonus, it was L4D. Fuck yeah.

Also, I'm not living with the hambeast anymore, and Plan to cut off all contact with her, if absolutely possible. I will never have to deal with that shit ever, ever again.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • For the record, I did just have my quote button oddly slam Timo's avatar and post into a thread when I didn't highlight or quote his post at all. Nine, am sorry.
    Nah, you had selected his post, and avatar, forgot about it, hit the quote button on what I assume was Jay's post. User error. Also, we cannot trust your word anymore since you've already convinced yourself you did nothing wrong. It's like those idiots who blame the computer for shutting down when they told it to shut down.
  • Earlier tonight, I got to play my first Video game in more than 12 months, and as a bonus, it was L4D. Fuck yeah.

Also, I'm not living with the hambeast anymore, and Plan to cut off all contact with her, if absolutely possible. I will never have to deal with that shit ever, ever again.
    Good for you. Hope you enjoy that game.
  • Baccano box-set pre-order.
  • Got an invite to TEDxHelsinki today.
    Wow, lucky you.
    Cool, Timo.
  • I wish AT&T would pick up some 'droid phones so I could get my Open Source on.
  • I nailed my midterm today.
    It's totally my first gradschool midterm, as well as my first real midterm in 2 years, so it's a bit of an accomplishment to my mind.
  • I have truly become a photographer today as I just developed my first reel of film for the very first time the old fashioned way. I think Scott's comments which consisted of "Oh, such poison those chemicals and the smelliness of the chemicals." applied 100 percent here. They smelled rancid and it was pretty tough to do but I did it, so I feel that's a big accomplishment for someone my age in a world where digital cameras take the magic out of taking and manually developing your own photos.
  • a world where digital cameras take the magic bullshit out of taking and manually developing your own photos.
  • a world where digital cameras take themagicbullshit out of taking and manually developing your own photos.
    Have you ever developed your own photos manually before? It's more authentic and it actually makes you feel like you did something instead of just clicked the shutter button all willy-nilly.
  • I have truly become a photographer today as I just developed my first reel of film for the very first time the old fashioned way. I think Scott's comments which consisted of "Oh, such poison those chemicals and the smelliness of the chemicals." applied 100 percent here. They smelled rancid and it was pretty tough to do but I did it, so I feel that's a big accomplishment for someone my age in a world where digital cameras take the magic out of taking and manually developing your own photos.
    Try developing a color film, then we'll talk about magic...
  • It's more authentic and it actually makes you feel like you did something instead of just clicked the shutter button all willy-nilly.
    How is it more authentic? I think that's just your bias talking. It's archaic technology -- being older does not make it more authentic.
    I only know how to develop TRX-400 B/W film. How is the process different for developing color film.
    I only know how to develop TRX-400 B/W film. How is the process different for developing color film.
    You have 3 more chemicals very specific for the film you are developing, they have to be at a certain temperature and you have to move the drum at a certain constant speed for a VERY specific amount of time, there is a HUUUUGE risk for screw-ups, it takes forever, you have to read the tables so that depending on the temperature, you have to add a certain amount here and there and the times change... its a drag. B/W is almost fool proof.

Don't get me started on actually blowing up the pictures, because you have to do all sorts of tests with all sorts of chemicals as well.
  • It's more authentic and it actually makes you feel like you did something instead of just clicked the shutter button all willy-nilly.
    How is it more authentic? I think that's just your bias talking. It's archaic technology -- being older does not make it more authentic.
    Not really, lens flares and some other light phenomenons are just better captured with film than digital, even with the high end expensive cameras.

And when it comes to medium format and above, there is no comparison yet.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    It's more authentic and it actually makes you feel like you did something instead of just clicked the shutter button all willy-nilly.
    And tinkering with archaic technology has been bad when? Also I question your use of the word technology as there is no one step even remotely similar to technology when you manually develop a film. I think it's just your ignorance talking, try it out, it's a lot of fun.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited October 2009
    Yupa's use of the word "authentic" makes me want to make tons of Hipster Runoff references.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Yupa's use of the word "authentic" makes me want to make tons of Hipster Runoff references.
    Jeeze, can we lay off the hipsters already. How was hipster derived from my use of the word authentic?
  • Yupa's use of the word "authentic" makes me want to make tons of Hipster Runoff references.
    Jeeze, can we lay off the hipsters already. How was hipster derived from my use of the word authentic?
    "hipsterism fetishizes the authentic"
    Not calling you a hipster, but I've been conditioned by that blog to the point where I start laughing anytime anyone talks about the pursuit of the "authentic".
  • edited October 2009
    Yupa's use of the word "authentic" makes me want to make tons of Hipster Runoff references.
    Dunno man, it's just like, when you're seeing the world through a fisheye lens, and bringing it back to life under a single light bulb covered in red cellophane, everything seems so much more real. Like when you buy thrift store jeans that have real wear on them. But I only shoot through a '67 Nikon, man. Vintage gear just feels more real.

The sad thing is that I have friends who talk like that.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I should get a fixed-gear bike for a more authentic riding experience.
  • edited October 2009
    I'm still rocking the CRT for that more authentic computer experience.
    On a serious note, my dad has a pair of CRTs stockpiled because he, for some bizarre reason, prefers them to TFTs..

If anyone in the Leeds area has a spare monitor, I'd be very grateful.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I should get a fixed-gear bike for a more authentic riding experience.
    I should forage for my food for a more authentic human experience.
  • Jeeze, can we lay off the hipsters already.
    I'm going to a birthday party this weekend in which we have to dress like hipsters. This should be interesting. I hate hipsters with a passion, so I might punch someone.